Stutter, lag or whatever...

metaton

Deleted the cellstabilizer from stable ugrid to load, cos they said can cause stutter as well.

Wanted to try skyrim performance monitor,but it didn't recorded anything, I am sure because of MO.

Started a new game to see what is going on. Still have stutter. Markath, Winterhold college/city you name it. Better but still noticable.

This is strange, I cleaned the masters with tessedit and yet they are dirty again...

How can I post a file here?

I would post my papyrus as well if you need it.

Thanks for your help:)

Edited by metaton

If nothing else you should clean the DLC files in TES5Edit. Have you verified your game cache since cleaning the .esm files then? If so, Steam has replaced your clean versions with the original dirty ones.

Then you should manually sort the plugins that BOSS doesn't recognise.

And uGridsToLoad really should just stay at 5. Anything higher and the engine is struggling to load more than it's designed to, which is bound to cause lag and stuttering.

If I had to guess I'd say your problem is related to the sheer amount of content you've got installed. You're shoving a lot of new NPCs, all with new modded behaviours and such, into a two and a half year old game engine which itself is really only a rebuilt version of an even older engine. You're pushing the game to its limit.

Out of curiousity, how many plugins is that exactly? BOSS should tell you on the Summary page. You've got to be pushing, if not exceeding, the 255 plugin limit. That right there could mean that half of your installed plugins aren't loading, which could include important compatibility patches.

Edited by Hyacathusarullistad

Ugridload is at 5.

I restored the section to default under papyrus section in skyrim.ini.

In total according to MO at the moment I have 439 mod.

From this according to BOSS

Plugin Type Count Recognised (or sorted by user rules) 209 Unrecognised 32 Inactive 0 All 241 Plugin Message Type Count Warning 2 Error 0 All 27

• Masterlist updated; at revision: 6ab6ce6cc.

The rest are mods without esp/esm just replacers and texture/mesh mods.

You can't have more than 255 mods, I already got warning from MO as ------to many esp/esms enabled.

You cannot exceed 255. If you do, you will get endless load screen. I have been there done that:)

Edit: Masters cleaned.

Edited by metaton

Well, you could try checking your 200+ texture mods (well done, by the way - I thought I had a lot, and I only have about 80) for lower resolution versions. Whenever possible, stick to 2K versions. And if it's something like a piece of dungeon clutter or a weapon, you can usually safely use 1K versions without any noticeable visual difference. While time consuming, doing so for all your texture mods will help reduce strain on the game engine.

Yeah this is the long hard way that I was afraid of...:)

There is no garantee at the end that will really stop the stuttering. Clearly there must be something loading-related, cos the stutter go away if I am patient.

I don't think there is a problem with npcs, cos I had OBIS and SOT installed earlier and I did like 30 bandit spawns and I just got a very little stutter for a couple seconds.

And now even if I go near to Rorikstead (all together can be 5 Npcs there and maybe I overestimated the population:) and get crazy jitter for 10 sec...

Scratches head...

That could very well be texture related, mate. Remember, just beyond Rorikstead is the bulk of the plains of Whiterun Hold. Which means the game is rendering textures for a good long distance, then LOD textures on top of that. If those textures are 4K then the game has to work that much harder to apply that level of texture to such a large stretch of the worldpsace. The vanilla game's textures are 1K, if I'm not mistaken; I use the 2K version of CaBaL's aMidianBorn landscape textures, and the plains look beautiful with no noticable performance drop on a lesser rig compared to yours.

I mean, in the end the only thing that's guaranteed to solve your stuttering issues is play the game without mods. And even then it's iffy if you consider SSME and the Unofficial Patches mods; if so and you play without them too, the game is incredibly unstable.

The engine's simply stretched beyond what it was designed to take, so your performance is suffering. The only way to resolve it is to relieve strain on the engine. Dropping to 2K textures or culling your load order are the only things I can personally suggest at this point.

Edited by Hyacathusarullistad

Thanks mate,

I think I need to book holiday for go through on all of these...I have high res HD textures cities, wilderness, dungeons, HD ice, snow, project parallax, and all of them at the highest resolution which is possible...

It will take ages to replace them one by one.

Thanks for the help and for you advice. I guess it is still good, this is what skyrim can handle, this is the end then. At least the problem is not on my end.

The only thing what I can't understand is why it started the stuttering now?

These textures are up and running for ages I mean at least for 2 months without a problem.

Why is it started being jittery now?

Until now the performance was good enough?

Edited by metaton

have you done any virus scans for malware etc? use malware bytes and spybot search and destroy. Have you also installed any new peices of software recently? it might be hogging some system resources if the process isn't cancelled using the task manager etc.

If you don't have the internet bandwidth to dl them all over again, you could cut them down yourself using e.g. the Optimizer Textures. With a Monster rig as yours it shouldn't take too long :)

Yeah,would be a perfect solution, but I have mod organiser which is creates a virtual file system, so all mods are separately have textures and meshes folder...:s

I am just thinking, must be an easy way...