Race and Lore Request

Rayne72

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Rayne72 and others

May I ask - are you still working on this mod ? And if you are - what stage it is at ?

(sorry but I could't find anything like a project road map)

The thing is, I'm working (well... slowly but steadily) on a somewhat similar project for another game engine (Unity 3D).

As for now, I (there are also several guys who eventually help - but I can't call that a "team") want to create a very small, but lovely detailed non-commertial game containing a small interactive piece of Pandoran wilderness (maybe a top of a flying mountain, over (unreachable) enless jungle), as visually close to what we've seen in the film as it can be, and some very simple gameplay (a PC na'vi hunter with a bow and an obsidian knife, and a huntable NPC hexapede with rudimentary AI, for example). Doesn't look like something big, but remember - it's a plan for a whole new game made "from scratch", not a mod.

I've been watching your project for quite some time, and eventually thought - what if we could collaborate in our efforts to avoid making things like meshes, textures, skyboxes and so on twice ? For example, I can make meshes (plants, weapons, maybe creatures) rather decently, - but am not especially good in texturing, while maybe some of you can work with Photoshop nicely. Resulting textured models could be used in both projects - for better overall quality and speed up in development.

So just for the start - I'd like to see requirements and specifications for the meshes you need (what exatly, how many polys, ...) - there's a good chance I can help with that, maybe not instantly (for ex., I've seen the list of Pandoran plants you need in another topic, of which only 1 seems to be done, - just specify how many verticles / polys would be appropriate so that I could start creating meshes).

Also I have SpeedTree and TreeCreator licenses, both are pretty decent for quick creation of rather realistic trees, and a damn lot :) of gameplay and story ideas - not all of which however would be practically usable in your mod, as I assume.

PS: sorry for my eventually poor English, it's not my native language...