Race and Lore Request

Rayne72

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not mistaken :)

However there may be several issues with the SpeedTree:

- doubt that .SPT trees will be walkable, I mean - characters won't be able to climb them, walk along branches, ... "Walkable" trees (some really huge ones) will have to be something like static objects, so export to NIF is needed, that's possible but will take several more stages and may cause some complications;

- bump; AFAIK SpeedTree does not let bump texture maps for the trunk, so again - really large trees will have to be static objects just to have bump.

SpeedTree 4, not 5 that is used in Oblivion

- bioluminiscence; in A: The Game, usually 3 separate texture maps are used: one for diffused color, one for bump and one for night glow; don't know yet if SpeedTree uses anything like that, and really doubt that Oblivion does so. If it does not, any bioluminiscenting thing also will have to be a static object not a SpeedTree. Well, I've seen something glowing-at-night in your videos - so I assume that is possible and you guys know "how to".

- also I can predict some troubles with moss, vines and lianes that cover the trees, but maybe that's just because I don't know the full potential of SpeedTree generator yet.

...solved, that is possible...

Currently, I'm doing some minor "research" through the film, the game and several Internet sites to find out what shape of leaves, pattern of trunk, ... Pandoran trees should have. WIth this, and the right textures, I believe it would be rather easy to create the most simple trees that don't need to be walkable or to glow at night. Maybe you already have some directions ?..

And another question is, - what trees do you exactly need ?.. including technical specifications, like triangle count, ...

I've found also that SpeedTree can create thing like ferns (you need ferns, don't you?) and grass, mushrooms... don't exactly know how yet...

Nif is the file type

and the tree Spt (speed tree) only have collision to a certain height the bigger u make the trees well ... lets just say the collision mesh does not scale at all

Trees would have to be Mesh(nif's) and look good looking but with a low polygon count as possible For everything for performance

Ahh So my Flora thread has came to use .. If you can use that thread and give me feed back that be great Even if we dont get Textures right away Meshes would be a very very good step

(since there Uv map can be given to any artist pretty much)

We need pretty much a lot of Pandora like Flora are list then some

thread been kinda dead cuase well ... we need meshes and textures are Goal was to make the landscape and MAIN area's first ....then add the story in ....

• 2 weeks later...

Just posting saying that we are alive but modding as seem to come to a stop as no one seems to want to help out

people say they will i get talking with them for many days then they just vanish

as it still stands we Need Plant Meshes / textures

we could of had the world done by now if ppl weren't disappearing left and right

• 2 weeks later...
thanks for ansering mably i il leve the mavi like it is it just means i cant summon my dragon or companions and if i could learn how to build mods i would help with this prgect get completed i loved the move so making mods for oblivion from the movie just what i wont if it possible i would be glad to help

i havent realy don much mod bulding but i realy like avatar so im willing to learn and help if its possible i thout about the navi from the move thy did some how call ther mounts is ther some way i can fix this idea for the one in oblivion i dont think wont to change it from the move i dont need fire ice lighting or any of thos i just wont to be able to summon akentosh mounts and some of the companions that can only be sumond nothing elts

i havent realy don much mod bulding but i realy like avatar so im willing to learn and help if its possible i thout about the navi from the move thy did some how call ther mounts is ther some way i can fix this idea for the one in oblivion i dont think wont to change it from the move i dont need fire ice lighting or any of thos i just wont to be able to summon akentosh mounts and some of the companions that can only be sumond nothing elts

i uploaded a unsilent version on the mod page enjoy