Race and Lore Request

Rayne72

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To save effort, I will copy what I said in a PM about making this:

Well, if I ever did make the race, it most certainly would NOT be for HG-bloody-EC! I loathe that body mod and its horrible, horrible uv layout! Damn thing isn't even seamless - and I don't think I'd want to see my work on those silly huge boob things that are so popular currently! tongue.gif

However, changing a body type is tricky, as all races share the same meshes. If I made a thin one, then every person in the game would have a thin body. Probably the best way to make it would be to use the CS and play around with the height/weight ratios so that the race is made unique in that way.

If I do make the race (bearing in mind that I haven't seen the film yet), then it will be for Robert's bodies (m & f) as they share the same texture layout. Something I'm keeping in mind though, as I can make ears and other facial features easily enough, though never had much luck modelling heads.

To save effort, I will copy what I said in a PM about making this:

Well, if I ever did make the race, it most certainly would NOT be for HG-bloody-EC! I loathe that body mod and its horrible, horrible uv layout! Damn thing isn't even seamless - and I don't think I'd want to see my work on those silly huge boob things that are so popular currently! tongue.gif

However, changing a body type is tricky, as all races share the same meshes. If I made a thin one, then every person in the game would have a thin body. Probably the best way to make it would be to use the CS and play around with the height/weight ratios so that the race is made unique in that way.

If I do make the race (bearing in mind that I haven't seen the film yet), then it will be for Robert's bodies (m & f) as they share the same texture layout. Something I'm keeping in mind though, as I can make ears and other facial features easily enough, though never had much luck modelling heads.

Thank your Alien :) i say Give it a shot :) am game :)

my HGEC has Smaller boobs :) as my is the OMOD version :) BUT i never tired Roberts Female body mod but i have used Male

anyways Am game :)

Yeah the Cs Head data thingy (where u can use mouse and Manipulate the head is a tricky one hopefully we can find a good person for it :)

Use the links that are in my 2 post i think for more pictures and what not

And if u can see the movie :) its The same story but its told in a Cool way :)

and me being a man myself i ironically i don't like BIG boobs lol :) one of the few apparently

and about their size 9-10 feet tall ...might be the size of an Xivilai not to sure on Feet To ...Cs height thuogh :confused:

I just have a quick question. If this mod is made using Robert's bodies, would it be possible to convert them to the game original bodies ??

(I must be the only player in this forums that doens't use body replacers)

any cloths made with the mod would be Roberts so no idea if they would fit

(I must be the only player in this forums that doens't use body replacers)

I don't use body replacers. So you are not alone.

Neither do I. Generally speaking, any new race mod should attempt to utilize vanilla bodies, but still have prepared specialty foot/hand textures for the body outs there. It really isn't that much more work if all you're doing is some color shifting.

As far as the race goes, you can probably do most of it just by utilizing a retextured khajiit head, tail. Use a blue body and new eye texture. Until you can find someone to do new ear meshes for the project, you could probably just use elf ears. Although the khajiit head looks very different, there's a little known aspect to the face morph panel in the race window. By clicking on the actual displayed mesh, you can adjust the position of many features, and should, after some experimentation make it so that the snout is small, lips are normal looking, and eyes are large. It may not be prefect, but you can get it close. Unfortunately, anything beyond that is likely not possible within Oblivion as every race uses the same body mesh, and custom head models never really work right.

That said, you should probably not be so sensitive about posts which you don't feel contribute to the thread. Someone mentioning that they don't use body replacers is a perfectly valid and rather important statement. Few people will install a race mod which requires a specific body type if they find that it would interfere with other mods they have present or is not how they would like everyone else to look.

understood :thanks:

but yes its sad that every race use's 1 body type Core mechanic ?

one thing to Add i dont like how Roberts female textures (cloth/nude vesrions) have poor Textures(and dont work with my tabaxi thats why i never explored roberts However its neck seams are almost unnoticeable :) @alienslof But am sure that wouldn't be an issue slof as ur pretty good with textures since the would Na'vi relie heavily on textures to put themselves apart then any other race in oblivion

am trying to Contact Throttlekitty about a custom head mesh for the na'vi so u can use that to make ur textures for the face more so try the body for now

Now we just need Hair model

weapons and Armor later oh one last thing slof If ur waiting to see the movie do so no rush :)

also Na'vi only have 3 fingers but yet ...no idea if that could even be achieved