F:NV Honest Hearts Alternate questline

SkyrimArmistace

In reading the following keep in mind this is not even a WIP, its only speculation and brain storming right now.

In HH it always annoyed me that the option to aid the white legs wasn't there, even if you're playing a legion character. So thats what I'm hoping to do, make a mod to give the white legs a questline through HH. I have no prior knowledge of modding so I understand this may be a difficult task, especially given the ideas for the project I currently hold.

introduction -

the problem is that the white legs are hostile to everybody but the legion, thats what it says on the wiki, but I'm curious if that translates to the in-game faction relationships between the white legs and the legion.

If thats the case than its something that can be worked with, because then the courier simply needs to wear legion faction armour to be recognized by the white legs; then the courier does a quest to prove themself to the WL. This way it remains lore friendly while also giving the player a way to infiltrate them and change their reputation with them. For players who dont want to lug around a legion uniform the whole time you may also find a group of dead legion agents near a yaoi gui or something.

storyline -

Salt-Upon-Wounds may be the war-chief of the white legs, but he isn't their only leader. Twin brothers plot to overthrow the opposition and claim the title of warlord as their tribe is assimilated into the legion. One can be easily convinced to fight for independence, but may not be the best choice for a leader. While the other has grand ideas and have strong convictions, but have tougher hurdles to get over.

I want to stay away from SUW because I dont want to just add random dialogue while the character model soundlessly flaps his lips at you. There may be a subordinate of his that approaches you with tasks, but thats about it.

Most of the quests would revolve around improving the WL as a group; teaching their warriors new skills, eliminating certain practices that cause higher death tolls, and mending the wounded, but the end to most quests would also have the option of possibly steering them in the direction of independence (for non-legion players).

Then at some point would come the hunters. These are legion-affiliated warriors; tribals, former desert rangers and survivalists that roam the wastes. They fought with the legion for years, they excelled on the battlefield, were promoted and excelled further. Because of their outstanding service they have been given a free pass in their old age to do what they want, go where they want and hunt what they want. If you make yourself seem like a formidable opponent than they may end up hunting you.

They don't particularly care whether you're legion or not, but they would find it amusing what the white legs would do if they found out the hard way.

Then at the end is a final battle against the dead horses and the sorrows.

Heres the condensed version for people who had a hard time following :

1) courier shows up, dawns legion disguise and makes friends with white legs, then does quests.

2)meets other chiefs while SUW is busy and starts working.

- improve white legs warriors

- help around camp

- do missions

- other assorted quests

3)leader 1 = harder end quest(s)/harder to convince - better end results

4)leader 2 = somewhat easier, possibly more options - not the best results.

5)legion emissaries show up, have to be dealt with.

-convince to leave

-kill/get ambushed by then kill

-turn white legs against them

6)final battle

I'd also like to have a lot of quests/backstory about the storm drummers, and possibly about a small subgroup of WL that were a long forgotten tribe that was rumoured to be disciples to the original desert rangers.

• 2 months later...