Heavy Traffic ×

Horses

j3nni

Anvil - Horse Whisperer Stables - Clesa will sell you a white horse for 4000gold

Bravil - Bay Roan Stables - Molag Bal worshipper Isabeau Bienne will sell you a bay horse for 1000gold

Bruma - Wildeye Stables - Petrine will see you a paint horse for 500gold

Cheydinhal - Black Waterside Stables - Tovas Selvani will sell you a black horse for 5000gold

Chorral - North Country Stables - Bongond will sell you a chestnut horse for 2500gold

Imperial City - Chestnut Handy Stables - some horses are being boarded here but none are for sale. talk to stable-hands Restita Statlilia and Breilus Gawey to get to the bottom of it. (Gra-Bura has been EATING them!)

Layawiin - Five Riders Stable - Cat-Face will sell you a paint horse for 500gold

Skingrad - Grateful Pass Stables - Ugak-gra-Mogahk doesnt eat her horses, or at least doesnt say so, and can sell you a bay horse for 1000gold

Stealing corroled horses is okay if your not caught, but while horses that you own will stay put when you dismount, stolen horses will wander off back home. Also if you do need to dismount a stolen horse, dont remount it if someone can see, because they'll alert someone to you.

--Hit pojnts etc for each breed..

-Bay horses-

Health - 250

Magicka 50

Fatigue 50

Combat Skill 30

Magic Skill 50

Stealth Skill 30

Attack Damage 10

More expensive than the paint horse, the bay horse is faster but with lower Health

-Chestnut horses-

Health - 200

Magicka 50

Fatigue 50

Combat Skill 20

Magic Skill 50

Stealth Skill 30

Attack Damage 10

The chestnut horse is faster than the Paint and Bay horses but has the lowest Health of all horses

-Paint horses-

Health - 300

Magicka 50

Fatigue 50

Combat Skill 40

Magic Skill 50

Stealth Skill 30

Attack Damage 10

The hardy paint horse is a good choice for anyone needing a reliable mount for a reasonable price

-White horse-

Health - 400

Magicka 50

Fatigue 50

Combat Skill 50

Magic Skill 50

Stealth Skill 30

Attack Damage 10

The white horse is as fast as the Chestnut horse but far sturdier

-Black horse-

Health - 325

Magicka 50

Fatigue 50

Combat Skill 60

Magic Skill 50

Stealth Skill 30

Attack Damage 10

The Black horse is the most expensive in addition to being the fastest. With slightly lower health than the White horse, t has the best combat skill of any of the horses

-Shadowmere-

Obtained during the dark brotherhood quests

Wont ever die, just be knocked out eventually, but will get back up

-Unicorn-

Can be killed - choose wisely since you can ride them, or kill them as part of a quest - Upto you

Yeah just use a potion on ur horse, or i think if you stable it outside of a city ie.when fast tracking, it heals etc there

I havnt found out the stats for shadowmere or the unicorn yet , im not sure if its even told, but if i do ill post it

Check in the construction set for the stats of Shadowmere. I have hit Shadowmere a few times on accident, and his health barely went down, even though I normally take people and creature's health down rather quick. Either invincible (as before mentioned) or very very high health. I also believe that it's health does regenerate because once you hit it, it's health bar comes up, meaning its hurt. Later it's health bar doesnt show up after time has passed.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, got some basic horse questions here:

How do you view your horse's health?

How do you get a horse to drink a health potion (or any potion for that matter)?

When you arrive at a town's stable, how do you board your horse at the stable? Do you just ride the horse into the stable and dismount? And if so, will it slowly heal health like a previous reply said it slowly heals when it automatically goes to the stable when you fast travel-is this true for manually putting a horse in the stable?

How do you view your horse's health?

You can view your horse's health by dismounting and standing close to it, making sure your crosshair is on it.

How do you get a horse to drink a health potion (or any potion for that matter)?

You can't get it to drink potions. You have to use touch/target spells as was stated earlier in the thread.

When you arrive at a town's stable, how do you board your horse at the stable? Do you just ride the horse into the stable and dismount? And if so, will it slowly heal health like a previous reply said it slowly heals when it automatically goes to the stable when you fast travel-is this true for manually putting a horse in the stable?

That's always what I've done, just put it inside the pen where all the other horses are. When you Fast Travel to the inside of a town the horse gets automatically stabled. The horse heals automatically all the time, just like the player. If it takes heavy damage just wait for an hour anywhere and it should have full health again, I think.

Yeah what i do is just wait for an hour ('T' key) and then mine and my horses health are full again, its easier than manually waiting in real time or stabling. I think fast tracking to a city and getting your horse stabled works the same way as waiting using the 'T' key anyway so theres actually no need to fast travel to a city if its out of your way. And of course, if your able to wait for an hour you'll save on a potion!