Horses

j3nni

when shadowmere gets unconscious and then you fast travel you can "lose"shadowmere(happened to me once), you need to go to weynon priory to get it back normally(it was like this for me at least)

Weynon Priory? Are you sure you don't mean Fort Farragut, which is Shadowmere's return-point-thing-whatever-you-want-to-call-it.

• 4 months later...

the horses r crap they are slow slow.

i mod my own horses on the tes constuction set my average speed is 60 but you have to make them immortal otherwise they die from falling off cliffs all the time the ordanary horses r way to slow now.

I also like making white horses with black tails and manes

i hate the unicorn :wallbash: whenever i go to skingrad it attacks a farmer and when i am riding in the wilderness and a wolf attacks i cant kill it. If i want a horned horse i just mod my own that doesnt attack

• 2 months later...

The unicorn will attack you whenever you pull out any weapon (if I remember correctly), so it's really only a possible mount for people who depend completely on magic during fights and have no followers (it will attack your followers if they are wielding weapons as well). You can use a moderate-leveled Command Creature / Calm Creature-spell on it though, which should work to make the unicorn not attack you.

The unicorn isn't really usable as a mount anyway, as soon as you leave it at the stables somewhere and go into the city / leave it outside of a ruin and exit the cell, it wanders back to the Harcane Grove.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Also shooting arrows at or hitting a horse that isn't yours can get you kicked out of The Mages Guild or Theives Guild, and also counts as stealing. (which I find oddly amusing to hear.)

• 5 months later...

Yay for bumping old threads XD But since this is pinned, I think it's ok?

Stealing corraled horses is okay if your not caught

See, and that's a problem right there. Because someone always sees you while you are stealing it: the HORSE. If you check the CS, you will find that horses have about 15 responsibility ( I don't remember the exact value) and even if there is no NPC in sight to witness your crime, the horse knows and will report itself stolen. So if you ride a stolen horse and arrive at the next town over, chances are that the town guard will arrest you, even if no NPC saw you stealing the horse. So you better get rid of a stolen horse before you get too close to a town.

How do you get your companions to ride on your other horses with you? Do I need a mod for that? Thanks.

Commpanions can't ride your "other horses", since you purchased those horses and the ownership is set to your character. No one else can ride them. About companions riding horses in general...

Without a mod that's pretty much impossible. You could change the Companion Mod in the CS and script a horse, but that takes a large amount of time. Simply creating a horse and setting the ownership to the Companion does not work (believe me, back in the day? I tried that XD)

So you have two choices: you can either search for a mod called "companion horse command" here on the nexus (which requires OBSE and is kind of buggy if your companions tend to teleport after you when they fall behind) or you need to find a companion that already has a horse.

• 2 weeks later...
Damn intelligent and loyal creatures those horsies..."Hmm...my owner is a much worse rider than this one...I better report this to the guards!" :tongue: Anyway, I saw a chariot mod in this blog - http://rembrandt2.exblog.jp/ but cba searching for it now. You can find it if you use google translate or google chrome. I have no idea if it allows many passengers but it might be worth a look. And just a thought about this thread in general. How can information about horses be spoilers? It's your right to know before you pay for a crappy horse!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A little late reply but you can edit the main topic for shadowmere's stats:

50 Strength

20 Intelligence

50 Willpower

50 Agility

33 Speed

50 Endurance

50 Luck

500 Health, Essential

50 Spell Pts.

50 Fatigue

50 Personality

50 Combat

0 Magic

50 Stealth

20 Attack Damage

Level 10, and not leveled according to player.