SFW and Fun Pregnancy/Child-Rearing Mod

Kendansa

Wonderful! Maybe you can rake it from there, scripting etc. I have set up a script like the one that manages vampirism and changed the variables, but not sure how to attach it to he player or make the stage progession happen automatically, but I have notes commented out.

Here's the link: Mod

Thanks. I have taken a look at your work and it has given me ideas of different ways of doing it. I made a script yesterday based off the vampire disease like you which handles everything after conception and up to labour.

I have added the basic code at the moment, but will have to add the big "chunks" like mesh manipulation and fleshing out the perks etc.

In short your work is very useful :smile:

Now this sounds awesome. Have a good time scripting and coding it, and let me know when you're ready for testers. A new Dragonborn shall be born. Btw, extra features like children growing into teenagers and then adults would be nice. Then the adult children could be available as followers. Imagine a son/daughter helping you kill a dragon/defeat Alduin or Miraak/clear a dungeon. Amazing right? Even have a Blade in the family.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful! Maybe you can rake it from there, scripting etc. I have set up a script like the one that manages vampirism and changed the variables, but not sure how to attach it to he player or make the stage progession happen automatically, but I have notes commented out.

Here's the link: Mod

Thanks. I have taken a look at your work and it has given me ideas of different ways of doing it. I made a script yesterday based off the vampire disease like you which handles everything after conception and up to labour.

I have added the basic code at the moment, but will have to add the big "chunks" like mesh manipulation and fleshing out the perks etc.

In short your work is very useful :smile:

Now this sounds awesome. Have a good time scripting and coding it, and let me know when you're ready for testers. A new Dragonborn shall be born. Btw, extra features like children growing into teenagers and then adults would be nice. Then the adult children could be available as followers. Imagine a son/daughter helping you kill a dragon/defeat Alduin or Miraak/clear a dungeon. Amazing right? Even have a Blade in the family.

Is there any other mods needed to test this or is it stand alone?

It absolulutely MUST be standalone. Nothing more annoying than having to dl a s#*! load of other mods just to use one! Therefore all resourses must be included. Since this is a new mod and a shared effort that shouldnt be a problem anyway :)

I very much intend for it to be standalone, but I suspect as we move onto tougher stuff we may need SKSE. Most people should have SKSE anyway but for the sake of simplicity I will try and make do without :wink:

Progress surprisingly is not half bad! But most of the time I'm pulling my hair out at the papyrus compiler throwing hate errors lol

The plan in my head is for there to be a quest to prepare the home for raising a child. This involves buying stuff like supplies, toys, clothes and a crib or more :wink: Basically the current idea:

- Sleep. When you wake up and are awarded lovers comfort it runs the conception function. The current value is 20% but I am open to increasing or decreasing that based on days in month etc

- If you're luck (or unlucky :wink: ) You will find your character (if female) is pregnant or your spouse if your male.

- Expect Morning Sickness

- Effects will be applied as time goes on i.e. perks/effects

- Body will be changed as time goes on. I plan for two versions or perhaps a MCM menu to adjust between weight or node scaling (depending on your preferred body mesh/skeleton)

- Quest to prepare everything

- As labour approaches you will get warning messages and nasty debuffs like slow movement speed

- You give birth to a baby - which will spend most (if not all) of its time in that lovely crib (so don't be a cheap skate, get a top of the line, luxury model :tongue:)

- If an animator gets onboard, perhaps the baby will be animated (idles) or even animations such for parent-child interactions. Interactions should be in but worst case would be message box or something.

- As much as I would like to add a toddler stage, I'm no modeler or animator!

- Eventually it will grow into a small child (which unlike the generic baby model will actually inherit features from the parent)

- Which will over time grow to a teen, before (holds breath) becoming an adult (will go through yet another phase of inheriting looks :O )

- I will TRY and make it a follower and maybe inherit dragonborn abilities :wink:

That is the wishlist, which is as always subject to change based on both difficulty, team members and whether it is actually possible in the first place

I'm open for requests btw ;-)

Adding the follower bit should be ok, so should custom parents as long as they use default races. Though support could be easily added via patches.

I'm making good progress, looking forward to continuing after work :)

I would love to test this mod and offer any help that I can. Though I am a noob at modding.

edit:

I have skills in modeling and animating though I have never worked with Skyrim stuff.

Oh, and does any of the preggo stuff (just the basics of sickness, finding out ur preggers) work just yet or no?

From what I was reading it seemed as though I would be able to look at my active effects and see the preggo-ness as a disease.

Edited by Kudagras

I would love to test this mod and offer any help that I can. Though I am a noob at modding.

Coolio, I'll add you as a tester with darthvader45. No ETA for testers as it is only a couple of days old

"Oh, and does any of the preggo stuff (just the basics of sickness, finding out ur preggers) work just yet or no? "

Not yet. It has been coded mostly but like I said it is only a couple of days old.

"From what I was reading it seemed as though I would be able to look at my active effects and see the preggo-ness as a disease."

I have set up a message or message box to initially inform the player they are pregnant, you will be able to find it but I think I will have it so it isn't under disease, but the debuffs are. Again this is all subject to change as my head is all other the place, figuring out how to do it.

I will keep you all posted regularly.

I have a quick question. I know this isn't the final version, but I've downloaded the mod, placed it in my Skyrim Data folder, and while it pops up in the search on the console commands I can't seem to initiate the dialogue stated in the ReadMe. The option never pops up in my dialogue with my spouse. Did I do something wrong? Thanks!