Post count suggestion

HeLLL

Should users post count be showen?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should users post count be showen?

• Yes
    • No

It doesn't only 'sound' good, it IS good. ;)

Actually, that avoid anything like delusions of popularity (no i'm not talking of anyone ... well, perhaps ...) : you can see it directly.

And we for instance saw people with many posts with low reputation, but also new nice members whose rep. went up really fast. B)

I don't know if such a thing is doable here, but that would indeed be nice. :)

I like that idea (not that it would matter in my case since i changed my title) but sure enough there are posters out there that are simply after the post counts and don't really say anything that contributes to the forum.

certainly, as peregrine said, if you post enough then people will know your name. the ranking system i like, something that always has bugged me though is that you can see where you stack up compared to the rest of the posters on the forums which can motivate people to post rediculous numbers at a time to get into the top ten. Needless to say i think this has had an adverse effect and some people might see it as competition, which can also explain why people are so upset about the flux of post counts.

my suggestions are these:

first, kill the top 10 overall posters section of the forum, like i stated, it makes for uncessary competition among posters and defeats the purpose of the forum entirely

second, how about allowing other members to see your rank and only allowing individual members view their own post count. this way we can keep track of how much we've been posting without having others see our progress.

third, anything that implies you should be trying to post more (such as top 10 posters of the day and overall) should be removed. People in the forum should want to post instead of feeling like, "oh no the group of people who are in the same post count range as me are getting ahead....time to go spam and catch up."

my suggestions are these:

first, kill the top 10 overall posters section of the forum, like i stated, it makes for uncessary competition among posters and defeats the purpose of the forum entirely

second, how about allowing other members to see your rank and only allowing individual members view their own post count. this way we can keep track of how much we've been posting without having others see our progress.

third, anything that implies you should be trying to post more (such as top 10 posters of the day and overall) should be removed. People in the forum should want to post instead of feeling like, "oh no the group of people who are in the same post count range as me are getting ahead....time to go spam and catch up."

yeah i totally agree, the top 10 systems probably are the main source of any competition (tho ive never really seen much bickering over postcounts besides the addition of the new members) and like u said it'd still be nice 2 view ur own postcount, just not display it to other members :P

Atomic magazine. Small world - my bosses cousin co-owns it :)

You have to be kidding me!!!!! Heck it really IS a small world! I can't believe that. A big kudos to your bosses cousin from me. Tell him that its good to have a magazine that is made for people who know a little bit more than how to create a Word Document :lol:

Archived