Skyrim Aela stuck in T-pose - Post your solution!

Slejnir

Aela is stuck in the base model pose.

See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZoNE8SuLvw

I don't know how/when it exactly happened.
It might have been when I activated the Mod 'Bijin Warmaidens' for the first time.

However, the video was taken from a fresh install without any mods - just loading the savegame.

Also, when I loaded the savegame of another character, Aela was working normally.

I'd love to finish the companion questline, so if anyone has suggestions on how to resolve the issue, please tell me.

Note that I already tried console commands like RESETAI, KILL, RESURRECT, MARKFORDELETE, ...

When using PLACEATME I get a new instance of aela that is walking around correctly, but she has only the default dialog options and she is unwary of any quests and therefore useless.

(The char is level 57, so I refuse to simply start over :smile:)

I'd be thankful for a solution that gets Aela back into a healthy state.

OK, did you do a fresh install and use a savegame from a previous installation? One that might have had animation mods?

OK, did you do a fresh install and use a savegame from a previous installation? One that might have had animation mods?

Exactly. I've used various mods and it's possible that any one changed animations.

However, the issue was also present before reinstalling (I did the fresh install in the hopes of solving the issue).

Are savegames aware of animations in any way?

Edited by Slejnir

Savegames have a tendency to "remember" traces of mods, yes. I'm not entirely sure about animations, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that your save is trying to use an animation no longer present in your current installation.

Try using FNIS if you haven't already and running it (the one for users, not modders). It may fix Aela's idle anim, especially if you had animation mods in your previous installation.

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Try using FNIS if you haven't already and running it (the one for users, not modders). It may fix Aela's idle anim, especially if you had animation mods in your previous installation.

In order to configure FNIS, I followed the guide at http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/articles/540/ , but the problem persists.

I wonder if there's a way to inspect the savegame and, maybe, get rid of the problematic data in it.

Thank you. I had tried the second one before, but it seems to only output some info.

The first one, however, looks promising. As the problem persisted after going through the steps the program suggested, I contacted the author.

I hope he'll kindly find the time to have a look at the issue.

Any further hints welcome.

@flexcreator found out that Aela's AI was simply paused. Maybe a script caused that and then failed to unpause her again.

To snap Aela (any actor) out of this strange state:

1) Open the console

2) Click on Aela

3) Type "toggleai" (or short form: "tai")

Thank you, @flexcreator!

• 4 years later...

i know this is an old post but never know someone might want to try this option if it hasn't already been posted ... sometimes if you walk out of the house or fast travel is fixes it .. i had the same crap happen did everything then just got pissed an rolled out to finish something an when i came back she was walking around .. but id do the toggleai off then on then leave an come back seems to fix it .. well in my case it did