Rise of Ouroboros: Crusade

zprospero

Rise of Ouroboros: Crusade

This is meant to be the second half of the New Daedric Prince

mod, whose official name is Rise of Ouroboros: Ascenscion,

and which will be ready for play-testing soon.

In this second half the new prince, Ouroboros, is already established.

This questline begins when you stumble upon the humble shrine of Ouroboros.

When you arrive you are recognized by the cult leader, Prospero. (Possibly)

The basic idea of the storyline is that the cult is having many difficulties,

particularly later on where Azura has stirred up her followers to make a

crusade against the followers of Ouroboros.

The Crusade title is from this, you are not leading one, you are being besieged by one.

The main tasks will be:

1. Create a suitable fortress for Ouroboros followers.

This will be a full city which you create by recruiting

and converting various NPCs so that they move to the city.

2a. Gather allies against Azura. This is accomplished by traversing

various planes of oblivion to meet and negotiate with the various

Daedric Princes. Some of their quests will be simple, while others

will very complex.

2b. Defend Ouroboros' existing allies. Azura has besieged Nocturnal's castle,

the Shade Perilous, you must break the siege and drive Azura's army out.

Other planes may need aid as well.

3. Lead troops against the Army of Azura and in particular her dunmer general, Voldran Indoril.

4. Make clear to worshippers of other gods that Ouroboros is not a threat to them (in particular Sithis)

More will, no doubt, be added, as many of the daedric planes will have some of their own quests.

Now for some backstory on your main adversary, who is meant to be as Mankar Camoran

was to the main quest as Azura is to Mehrunes.

General Voldran Indoril, once a Her Hands High Ordinator, crushed by the fall of the Tribunal,

and the near destruction of his House, sees an opportunity when he hears a rumor that Azura has

been angered by a new daedric prince.

Wanting to return himself and his House to prominence he summons the goddess and begs for

the chance to be her champion. Azura agrees. Voldran will lead her armies against the new cult.

Voldran has an ulterior motive though. The Empire is weak. With no emperor and only the bickering

Elder Council running Tamriel, there is an opportunity. But the armies of Azura are not enough, he needs

a powerful fortress from which he could launch a campaign against Cyrodiil from. When Azura tells him

you are building a fortress for the followers he makes certain 'mistakes' that allow you to continue.

At the end, his plan is to march Azura's Army against your new city, take the castle for his own, and then,

with the brewing trouble in Morrowind already at the boiling point, he will call on his fallen House to make

as much trouble as possible, and force Ocato to send a massive army to subdue Morrowind. When this has

happened the Imperial City shall remain relatively unguarded and he will march on it, declare himself Emperor Voldran I,

make House Indoril the imperial family, and subjugate everyone to extremist Dunmer ways. Argonians and Khajiits will

once again be slaves, and the temples of the Nine will be thrown down and ones to Azura established.

Of course, he'll have to kill you before he gets to do any of this. So, best not to let him, eh?

Prospero will also have somewhat mysterious motives.

There are some more episodic, single quest ideas, that I have in mind, but by and large this is

the main idea. You will establish a cult, build a city, negotiate with demon princes, and fight off a crusade.

This is the more ambitious of the two halves and one that I require much help on,

as there are some things I simply cannot do myself.

In particular, I would like a end of questline cutscene, like the end of the main quest,

and someone who is good at making new or retexturing existing architecture, since we

will be needing unique tilesets for the daedric realms, particularly Coldharbour and Shade Perilous.

Of course, any help or ideas will be welcomed. :smile:

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, this mod looks to have the potential to become a fan favorite, right up there with Lost Spires and Servant of the Dawn.

Speaking of which, could I sign up as a play tester?

I'd also be willing to help with the new one in any way I can, although all I can really do is write. I have a good grasp of rhetoric and priestly language, so if you want a sermon or holy book written, I'm your man.

Thank you, Kieran.

I'd be glad to have you as a play-tester, and I'll take any help you're willing to give.

I do intend to have several books, and in particular a quest in which the player invites

some dark brotherhood representatives to a long sermon, (sounds hilarious just saying that)

with some unique repercussions.

Thank you, Kieran.

I'd be glad to have you as a play-tester, and I'll take any help you're willing to give.

I do intend to have several books, and in particular a quest in which the player invites

some dark brotherhood representatives to a long sermon, (sounds hilarious just saying that)

with some unique repercussions.

Yay! I gets mah hands on the mod!

Anyway, preaching to the deadliest assassin's in Tamriel? I like it already!

Do you get to skip it if you're Listener and just say, "He's cool, Sithis is cool with it, now shut up and get back to killing"?

Cool I will play both mods

also there should be some SI stuff like:

Azura send her daedra minions to the realm of Sheogorath and put a siege in New Sheoth?

that would be cool.

Nice ideas dude!

@kieranfoy

Depends on who the orders come from. If the Night Mother herself demands an

explanation, you have to send someone. But I think the Night Mother would just

say "Who cares? Aren't there people who should be dead by now?"

However, there is that annoying woman that

takes over the sanctuary

. Perhaps she

circumvents you and sends representatives herself. Then when you got back you could punish her for

daring to act without your consent. :devil:

I would like the player to actually hear the sermon because it will make it clearer what Ouroboros is

meant to be. For example, Sithis is meant to represent space, loosely, correct? Ouroboros is akin to

a black hole, making him a perfect mate for Nocturnal (i.e. Ouroboros, Light-Eater) and the bending of

time and space (i.e. Ouroboros, the Chronomancer god.)

@Stoldark0

Thank you for your interest.

Sheogorath is indeed an ally of the new prince, and therefore Azura will likely send someone

to New Sheoth. I've been using resources from SI anyway, so you will have to have it installed

to play these mods.

@kieranfoy

But I think the Night Mother would just

say "Who cares? Aren't there people who should be dead by now?"

However, there is that annoying woman that

takes over the sanctuary

. Perhaps she

circumvents you and sends representatives herself. Then when you got back you could punish her for

daring to act without your consent. :devil:

Good point. the Night Mother doesn't strike me as the sort to worry too much about theological nicities.

And

that bloody snoty Altmer biddy

would just love to go behind your back, wouldn't she? Can't wait to get to show her who the Listener REALLY is.

Indeed. Perhaps, if it's after a certain point, you can banish her to Coldharbour

for a week or so. I'm sure Molag Bal would be glad to teach her a lesson for you.

We might even let you go visit her. Man, I must be in a sadistic mood.

I have a vision of Molag Bal's throne room, which I'll have to run by DagonTheranis

(since it was his idea I promised him creative control of Coldharbour), where he sits

in the Elder Council Chambers on a throne surrounded by a ring of lava. Hanging from

the ceiling are those torture cages that you saw in Mankar Camoran's Paradise. By his

throne are a series of levers that control them, which of course means a rather hot bath

for anyone inside.

Only fitting he sits on a sort of Throne of Screams.

Perhaps, then, if you made it through part of Coldharbour's separate questline

you could have people sent there to be mistreated.

I wonder if I could write the AI so Molag plays with the levers when he gets bored?