zprospero

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate your efforts, but I just can't make out the letters

very well in the one you've made. (I'm a little colorblind) So,

I think we'll just use my old one.

Yeah, I'm sure the one you made is better, didn't spend much of my time to make it so no problem,

made it in like half an hour or so. And I've got much more time, still some week and a half before school starts again

(I'll still have a lot of time, never really got anything to do at evenings).

In particular, I would like a end of questline cutscene, like the end of the main quest,

and someone who is good at making new or retexturing existing architecture, since we

will be needing unique tilesets for the daedric realms, particularly Coldharbour and Shade Perilous.

This mod sounds interesting and I'd love to help with it, I can retexture and change things around in nifskope, but I can't model or anything. I could probably do the retextures of the vanilla architecture, as long as it's not completely new (like there is a similar texture or something), because I suck at making textures from scratch. I got a new computer for christmas and I can't change dds textures yet, so I can't be much help until I get the dds editor for GIMP. I can do ideas though, and am pretty good with names.

[EDIT]

Oh and I am half-way decent at writing books :)

Yes, it is.

If anyone would like to experiment, Coldharbour, I believe is going to be a ruined

version of the Imperial City, and shade perilous, perhaps the Sigil Tower tileset,

but with everything retextured in a shiny black.

Feel free to experiment, I'm still working on the playtesting beta for the first half. Getting very close.

Yes, it is.

If anyone would like to experiment, Coldharbour, I believe is going to be a ruined

version of the Imperial City, and shade perilous, perhaps the Sigil Tower tileset,

but with everything retextured in a shiny black.

Feel free to experiment, I'm still working on the playtesting beta for the first half. Getting very close.

I can work on The Shade Perilous, as soon as I get the bsa extracter. Do you need any textures modified for Coldharbour? or just default textures? BTW what is the plan for the Nocturnals?

"The Nocturnal Realm is the stronghold of Nocturnal, a place where no light may enter, and is inhabited by daedra known as the Nocturnals. The greatest stronghold here is known as Shade Perilous"

From the book Doors of Oblivion:

The sky is on fire,' I heard him say as he moved on to the next realm. 'The ground is sludge, but traversable. I see blackened ruins all around me, like a war was fought here in the distant past. The air is freezing. I cast blooms of warmth all around me, but it still feels like daggers of ice stabbing me in all directions.'

This was Coldharbour, where Molag Bal was Prince. It appeared to Zenas as if it were a future Nirn, under the King of Rape, desolate and barren, filled with suffering. I could hear Morian Zenas weep at the images he saw, and shiver at the sight of the Imperial Palace, spattered with blood and excrement.

As you can see Coldharbour is meant to be very nasty. I was thinking of using some of Kvatch's textures,

but unfortunately the architecture is too different. We will likely have to retexture it all. Ideally we could get

some parts broken down and more, well, ruined meshes.

For Shade Perilous, I was thinking that since it's a daedric plane we might wait and see if we can

get a custom tileset, my idea for the sigil keep architecture was more for interiors. I was hoping for

a more spiky and unforgiving looking place. Also, the 'no light may enter' is going to make it quite

difficult to figure out how to light it. In the book "Purloined Shadows" it mentions how Nocturnal, when

summoned rises from a pit of uncolor, and that the light coming from the torches is abnormal, actually

inverting the colors. Nord's skin become coal black, Dunmer become ivory colored. I have no idea

how we'd manage to implement that though.

As for the Nocturnals, well I have found nothing that describes them, just topless women from Battlespire (that's not a joke).

I think we should use this:

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz84/zprospero/nocturnal.jpg

This is a shadow creature that Mr. Siika made to amuse people testing out his

Dwarven City tileset. (Scared me half to death when I first met one) Since he

released it as part of the modder's resource I believe we are free to use them

as long as we credit him.

We could also have NPCs with the alpha turned down so they become see-through,

and the give them black robes/hoods/etc. That way we could have the more monstrous

Uber-Nocturnals, pure warrior monsters, and then a tier of administrator Nocturnals

who organize the warriors. Like an ant colony.

1. I think that I could do the textures for Coldharbour too, and look at the 'Deadworld Fractals" from HOD for the sky (maybe retexture blue-ish).

2. Sooooo, should I should just edit the textures for the interior? and "Also, the 'no light may enter' is going to make it quite difficult to figure out how to light it." maybe you should make a quest for obtaining some kind of charm or something that would cast light around you (because torches and light spells do not work in Nocturnals realm, if you've ever played the Dawn series of mods for NWN 1, you have to make a charm for being able to see in the Underdark because only the creatures native there actually have enough eyepower to see), and maybe make it so that the light attracts the Nocturnals to you.

3.That thing looks creepy (kinda reminds me of Necromorphs from Dead Space), I was thinking something like those bird-alien-things from Riddick, but that is better :), and maybe make larger (or smaller) transparent versions for weaker and stronger versions of Nocturnal.

4. Actually I've made NPCs like that before, for I mod I was making. But I think that to make the people transparent you'd have to make the face and body as clothes, so you'd probably have to make them use just a transparent face and armor (as unplayable clothes) or they won't be transparent, and I like the ant-colony idea. Maybe have the uber-nocturnals have the ability to ressurect other Nocturnals, or maybe there are nocturnal priests maybe females (not topless, if you can help it) using the clothing stuff from Mannimarco Revisited?

I could do most (if not all) of the textures I mentioned by the way.

I'll look at that link. However, we could probably get away with

Sigil Tower electrical storm weather for Coldharbour.

I like the idea of having a quest so you can find your way in Nocturnals realm.

It makes a lot more sense to go off and find a charm that casts a particular light

enchantment.

I like the idea of having priests that can revive dead Nocturnals, or something

like Priests of Order that keep them spawning. Remember, these things are on

your side. Your boss is Nocturnal's mate. They're the allies. (Although, the less

intelligent ones are probably designed to attack anything they see on site.)

If you want to take a whack at some interiors for Shade Perilous, please do.

I was thinking more or less black, but with a glossy sheen. Of course, you can

try anything you like, feel free to experiment. Your idea might be better than mine.

I do have a particular idea for Coldharbour, if I have time to make it, I might show a picture.