Messers, anyone?

AfroGamerNinja

The messer is a family of similar-looking slightly curved, single-edged blades, with a pointy tip should you need to thrust. Those weapons are known to be cheap, replacers for the arming sword that evolved into the longsword and are also loopholes about a law that forbid commoners from owning swords. It is used by Germans during the Late Middle Ages and Renaissance (14th to 16th centuries, that is).

Here are some pictures:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/3ffe40a26034af2e6df84ef6042c4749/tumblr_n2qmux2nJk1s2vu85o1_1280.jpg

http://www.albion-swords.com/images/swords/albion/nextGen/soldat/soldat-1a.jpg

http://www.albion-swords.com/images/swords/albion/nextGen/soldat/soldat-3.jpg

And more pictures: Albion Swords' Soldat

Messers are also available in one-handed or two-handed versions, the latter being known to be used by Landsknechts when not using their pikes or the Katzbalger.

I have a one-handed messer in mind. Can anyone consider this request, please?

An extremely simple sword. No design, nothing interesting to catch on to. I doubt it would look very interesting in a fantasy-environment.

That said, I can make it, or a few variants, when I get home in a couple of days. That is if nobody else does it by then.

An extremely simple sword. No design, nothing interesting to catch on to. I doubt it would look very interesting in a fantasy-environment.

That said, I can make it, or a few variants, when I get home in a couple of days. That is if nobody else does it by then.

Besides, just because something is cool doesn't mean it's effective. You just gotta remember that looks can be decieving.

If you check the spoiler below, you will have videos of the weapon in action.

Well that's fun to read for a German: "The messer is a family of similar-looking slightly curved, single-edged blades, with a pointy tip should you need to thrust." :D

Because "Messer" is the German word for any sort of knife, like the one you use to get the butter on your bread or the one you use as a scout or the one that Mackie Messer carrys hidden in his clothes.

Just on a side-note.

Well that's fun to read for a German: "The messer is a family of similar-looking slightly curved, single-edged blades, with a pointy tip should you need to thrust." :D

Because "Messer" is the German word for any sort of knife, like the one you use to get the butter on your bread or the one you use as a scout or the one that Mackie Messer carrys hidden in his clothes.

Just on a side-note.

Yeah, I know. lol

Anyway, here's the Wikipedia article on the weapon family. Also, a replica of a grosse messer.