Purple, Broken, Mosaic, and Missing Textures.

Bauldric

Sad to say, verifying the game cashe and reinstalling didn't work. :( I left images and documentation on what was going on with the mod author. I hope he knows a fix. Unless someone knows how to make Adobe see .dds files so I can alter the colors?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had this problem and nothing worked for me. I updated the video drivers, reinstalled game, deactivated all mods and still nothing.

The way I managed to fix it was to delete the Skyrim folder that the game generates in My Documents. Be careful to backup your saves from it before you delete it.

Most likely the problem was in the Skyrimpref.ini file. The RealVision ENB I was using before the glitch appeared made modifications in the ini file so I deduced that those new settings were making the purple appear even if the mods were deactivated.

• 4 weeks later...

i have a similar issue but i know it was me who screwed up when i accidentally clicked on overwriting when it came to one question and as an result every lantern is blue and the outside windows are blue, even though i deleted every mod and then uninstalled skyrim and reinstalled it, then i started it up in normal vanilla with no mods but all the problem still persists so i have no clue on how to fix this if not ever erased everything worked.

When you uninstalled your mods, something may have been left over (not removed). Go through your data folder and see if something was left there by a mod or in the meshes and texture folders. Reinstall does not remove excess files, it only replaces those that come with vanilla and are altered.

i have a similar issue but i know it was me who screwed up when i accidentally clicked on overwriting when it came to one question and as an result every lantern is blue and the outside windows are blue, even though i deleted every mod and then uninstalled skyrim and reinstalled it, then i started it up in normal vanilla with no mods but all the problem still persists so i have no clue on how to fix this if not ever erased everything worked.

Rather than resurrecting this old topic, you should have started a new one.

You don't have the issue Bauldric had (his issue was almost certainly him running out of memory, something Crash Fixes was designed to fix, but was not available then). Your issue is missing textures on your lanterns and windows. Anotherpossibility is that a mod you installed added custom meshes for your lanterns and windows (ELFX maybe?) and since the mod is not active/did not install correctly, the textures for those new meshes are not available for the game to load. You can try removing/renaming your meshes and textures folders in your Skyrim/Data folder, which would confirm that theory.

If this is the case, then you should go to your folder and see if you files in the meshes folder that correspond to your lanterns and windows (I do not know which meshes windows use, but lanterns should be "candlelantern" or something like that in the meshes->clutter folder). If you have anything there, delete it. The alternative way-the one that I would do-is to install SMIM which, on top of giving you much better meshes for world items in general, should fix your issue in regards to the windows and lanterns by simply replacing them with better versions.

If you want, ELFX is a different mod that adds and redoes lighting to the world, and will probably have meshes and textures to replace your existing one. It's just another option, if you want to change things up, but SMIM should fix the issue, is highly recommended, and definitely more vanilla.

• 1 month later...

For me whenever I get the purple texture thing, it is usually because I have corrupted saves, do you have auto save on or have you been overwriting previous saves if so I recommend deleting some of your saves and taking off auto save as well as creating new saves and not overwrite them. When I made a new save and deleted my corrupted saves the issue went away atleast for me. Hope this helps.