Purple, Broken, Mosaic, and Missing Textures.

Bauldric

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem, too. I do not have an NVIDIA driver, so it can't be that for me. I am only running into this issue when I use Renthal311's texture packs, but I use quite a few (Nobel's HD 2k, Optimized Vanilla, Hybrids HD Plants and Herbs, HD Ivy...and a lot more, but the problem is only occuring in the "plants" and "farmhouse" folder of the texture file). I hope the fix from Bauldric works for me. I've contacted the mod author, also, so if it doesn't work maybe Renthal knows what's going on.

his packs give me a lot of headache too, especially with compatibility, all sorts of problems, his work is of the greatest but he makes one huge nif blocks with alot of element that are bound to either clip or make the texture ''explode''

Edited by lucidstorm1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Purple textures = the mesh does not point to the correct location, or there is no texture there

Mod authors sometimes mess up textures in the CK when they forget that their custom texture should not follow the same file path as vanilla. Another way they can mess up is if they intended to make an override, but instead edited the mesh or the CK object to point somewhere new, when it shouldn't.

Also, this is a lifesaver for both install and load order https://skyrimseblog.wordpress.com/load-order-structure/

Edit: someone mentioned resetting the .ini files, yeah definitely try that, anyone seeing this later

Edited by 37G