Help making a cave

Wintermoon137

Hello again, I am having another difficulty with my mod xP

I want to edit a part of the world space and make a large cave, like the idea is in a coastal area that I have already chosen, in the cliffs by the water make a cave on it, is it possible to do? And if so, how can I do it?

it's possible doing it in the skyrim world space, but it is heavily advised to make a new cell in the interior section, Caves are very time consuming as they are far larger than normal dungeon sized cells you encounter.But all the things you need for caves in the CK are in the world objects - Caves section of the object window.

Ow but I don't want to make a large cave, no. The thing is I am using a mod called Sailable Ships of Skyrim, pretty good mod actually still in development that allows the player to sail a boat, and I want to make a cave just big enought to fit the boat inside and "park" it, since I am role-playing as a pirate, it would make sense to have a secret place to hide the boat and the treasures. And obviously it can not be done with loading doors, if has to be in the world space.

If you get creative with the rock and mountaincliff models, it's very possible. You might also want to learn a bit about the landscape tool to lower or raise the surrounding ground cover so the inlet will keep the same water level.

Edited by lesi123

The thing is I want to make it in an already existing cliff without changing the land over it, because it has some stuff on top and I want to keep it has it is, also there is a house I made over it xP I want to do something like pushing the cliff inside itself but keep the top part untouched, just push the middle and lower part inside, is it possible? I never used the landscape tool, afraid of doing some crap xD

Edited by Wintermoon137

You would have to bring the game model for the cliff wall into a mesh editor like Blender or 3DS Max and edit it in there if you "just want to push the cliff inside itself".

However, what you can also do all within the CK is replace the model in the location with a similar one that already has an opening large enough to pass the ship, even if you have to scale it up or down.

Then, you build the interior of the cave starting at the opening.

You'll have to make your own cliff with the models provided unless you know how to make 3d models and how to texture them. What you're wanting to do is very possible, it will just take some time. Play around with the models, experiment with the tools, watch some tutorial videos, and don't be afraid to mess up! Remember when you load Skyrim into the CK, any changes you make is considered a plugin so your not altering the actual game. Just remember to save at multiple intervals so if you mess up, you can reload what you did 10 minutes ago vs starting from scratch all over again. My mod Hidden Hideouts of Skyrim has over 150 .esp files I saved over the course of my work.