Maddening Mod Moments

puck55

First thing to say is, I have no connection to any of the mods I mention below. Most are here because I couldn't find information when I became stuck so I pieced them together for a reference. There is a Miscellaneous Info section added, detailing some possible problems encountered and for puzzles like Liberty Pawn Shop and its Drunken Gnome. Finally, and most importantly, I wish to thank all the incredible work put in by all modders - your work is greatly appreciated.

Put on 2 new mods [23/2/2015] - 'Oscar Zulu Radio Signal [very small mod already done]' and 'Alternate Start Roleplay [has side quest which may not have been completed by author - see below]'.

Have completed walkthroughs for the following mods

TO SLEEP, PERCHANCE TO DREAM

ALTON ILLINOIS Main Mission

SHADOWS + DUST VOL 1-2

TALL TALES

WORLD OF PAIN all sections

POINT LOOKOUT REBORN

IN THE SHADOW OF THE SWAMP VOL 1-3

A&AT COMPANY

TIES THAT BIND

RAILWAY EXPRESS

VAULT 101 REVISITED

OLD WORLD SECRETS

NOTE EASILY MISSED

PROJECT GENESIS

DR LESKO'S RESEARCH

THE INSTITUTE

TRAIL OF CRUMBS

OSCAR ZULU RADIO SIGNAL

Added 3 other mods : MOIRA BROWN CRATERSIDE ENTERPRISES and LUCY WEST COMPANION and REAL TIME SETTLERS [RTS].

Partially completed THE REFUGE, but so buggy couldn't do everything; TECH REVOLUTION, but couldn't find final 7th map in Dunwich Building.

Didn't put on 'CRIMSON CARAVAN', 'AREFU EXPANDED' or 'EVENING WITH MR MANCHESTER', as had issues with first two with clipping paths, etc, and 'Manchester' seemed far too puzzle based for me - I like PC puzzle games but mind-set is not ready while doing FO3 - and there is also a walkthrough on the web by the mod author. Put on 'QUEST FOR HEAVEN' but didn't activate - had game enhancers like Streetlights, etc, so must have conflicted, but wasn't going through trial and error to find it. Considered 'CUBE EXPERIMENT' but it and 'HEAVEN' have author walkthroughs.

NOTE TO MODDERS : If your character is giving info that the gamer needs, please give an option of hearing it again as I have been caught trying to write down what I am supposed to be doing and I lose vital stuff as it's gone off-screen - and if I haven't saved for a few minutes . . . . . . . . gulp !

MISCELLANEOUS USEFUL INFO -

1 AUTO SAVE in game causes crashes - took off and it made a big difference to me.

2 RTS PROBLEM. Can't quit the text 'I look for companion', go to console [¬ key] and type in CAM then press Enter then exit console.

3 LOST COMPANION ? Then get the ID ref. and in console type 'player.moveto .............' [ no quotes + replace ............ with ref. you need, and yes there is a space before ref. number]. Three common companion ref ID would be Lucy West 00003b5b; Dogmeat 0006a775 or 0006a772 and Fawkes 0002d9cf - well, common to yours truly.

4 SET ESSENTIAL. To set companions as essential open the console with ¬ key [left of key no. 1] and key in [eg Dogmeat] 'SetEssential 0006a772 1' with the spaces but no quotes. Companion IDs I found are as follows and depending where you look they can differ. Dogmeat: 0006a772 or 0006a775 - Fawkes: 0003D34E - Sergeant RL3: 00094867 - Charon: 000156f6 or 0002b8e1 - Paladin Cross: 000156e5 - Jericho: 00000a71 - Sydney: 00003a22 - Clover: 000156a2 - Butch: 00027f65

5 REILLY'S RANGERS. Save her team in Statesman Hotel and return to Ranger Compound to speak to Reilly to get Mapping Mission. When she gives you Geomapper don't say you have mapped areas, just go outside and go back in again. Now speak to her about mapping and areas you found before Reilly's Rangers mission she will pay you for.

6 MEGATON HOLLOW ROCK - Look at Meg's gate and go right and follow perimeter. Pass broken part of bridge and then group of 7 trees. Just past them see a rock with 3 tree stumps - that's it. Gives stims, sniper rifle, ammo. A good boost at the beginning.

7 BURGLAR ALARM / DRUNK GNOME [Liberty Loans Pawn Shop]. Enter Dog House Hotel next door and take elevator to 2nd floor. Enter room between a kitchen area and a workbench/robot area and see 2 TV monitors on wall with broken desk below. Underneath desk is the burglar alarm to deactivate. Once off, return to Liberty Loans and all locked glass is open and can access Drunk Gnome Willy Wineo.

8 TIGER CASPIAN CHALLENGE MEATS - Burned Loin + Cooked Flank Steak + Burned Bits of Meat [human]; Burned Bits of Meat [brahmin]; Burned Hunk of Meat + Cooked Arthropod Meat [radscorp]; Cooked Leg [molerat]; Burned Chunk of Meat + Cooked Loin of Beast [dog]; Cooked Arthropod Meat [ant]; Cooked Abomination Burger [Deathclaw]; Cooked Ghoul Giblets [Ghoul]. Went to PC in Super Chem Retailer for info and found first challenge is 6 Cooked Meats with reward of Tiger Utility Belt to carry +15 Weight. Second challenge is 3 Burned Meats, reward of Guns/Bullets Book, Flamethrower Book, Super Stealth Boy. Next challenge is to Cook a Meal using Punga and other ingredients but didn't appeal, so this is as far as I go.

9 VAULT 112, Casey's Garage, Dr Braun main mission. TRANQUILITY LANE sequence in Abandoned House to access fail-safe terminal for Chinese Invasion to get exit door in playpark near Betty : Radio; Pitcher; Gnome; Pitcher; Concrete Block; Gnome; Nuka Bottle. Only if you don't want to do Betty's quests to rescue Dad.

10 On mod 'NEW AIR IN BIG TOWN' - there is a player's house now in Big Town which has bed, workbench and First Lab and the key can be found by entering Town Hall and going upstairs to the room that has 3 terminals on a curved desk. It also has a Hard Safe which holds the player's house key. Go into Red's Clinic and there is a ladder on a wall that leads to the roof where there is ammo and sometimes Red herself. Big Town itself has been extended a bit with church, tents etc.

11 WASTELANDERS EDITION - Unfortunately had to take this off as tried various known solutions but couldn't fix the Outcast flickering armour, however there are mods out there that give injuries, needs, crafting, alternate starts and weapons so was able to make life similarly hard. Also like 'Practice Makes Perfect' where you upgrade as you use skills, similar to 'Oblivion' game style, rather than getting points to place anywhere.

METRO MAGIC

To access DC central ruins do main mission of 'Following in his Footsteps' to find Galaxy News Radio - Collapsed Car Tunnel, Chevy Chase Nth, Dry Sewers [Reilly Rangers], Dupont Station, Georgetown Nth 1, Dupont Circle and Foggy Bottom.

ANACOSTIA CROSSING - Straight thru leads to Seward Sq + Reilly Compound; on rails to reach Metro Central [one way Museum Tech, other to Museum History]

FRIENDSHIP HEIGHTS - Entrance is a raider outpost and Hannibal leads his slaves thru here to FARRAGUT WEST

FARRAGUT WEST - Leads to CHEVY CHASE NORTH and Galaxy News Radio [follow GNR grafitti on tunnel walls]

NW SENECA - Sell Sugar Bombs to ghoul and find The Family [needed for Arefu/Lucy West quests]

VERNON SQ EAST/TAKOMA PARK - Back of Unearthed Sewer at Vernon North. Water section is route to Takoma Park

FALLS CHURCH METRO - This area is accessed thru MARIGOLD METRO which is found when doing the Grayditch 'Those' mission

GEORGETOWN NORTH 1- Access to GNR while doing Wasteland Survival molerat repellant from TEPID SEWERS

GEORGETOWN NORTH 2 - Start GEORGETOWN WEST; access Georgetown South + East Metros

L'ENFANT PLAZA METRO - Access this thru IRRADIATED METRO which is close to Lincoln Memorial.

I HAVE 'DLC COMPANIONS' MOD - IF YOU DON'T, THEN YOUR COMPANIONS MAY NOT BE ABLE TO ENTER THE 'POINT LOOKOUT' OR OTHER DLC

COMPANIONS [Moira Brown and Lucy West - new dialogue is spoken by original Bethesda actresses]. See both Nexus mods for more details

MOIRA BROWN CRATERSIDE ENTERPRISES [Essential Follower]

Complete 'Wasteland Survival' quest - and don't blow up Megaton - and you get an option to get Moira as an Essential Follower, but you have to hire 2 assistants first [total 700g]. They are wandering around Megaton and are map marked so doesn't take long. Once assistants take over Craterside then Moira will follow you and you have access to Craterside Armour, Lab Uniform and Vault Suit [relatively low level but all have side perks]. As you progress through Wasteland you can access dialogue which boosts your stats and Moira has ROBEART in her equipment and if you put it in your equipment it will also boost your stats, so she is worthwhile. She also gets weapons like Universal Revolver and Railway Rifle for example. In this run-through I have companions of Lucy West, Sydney + Dogmeat [all Nexus mods and they include backpacks and armour mods as well], and Charon from Ghoul City, so Moira tags along quite happily with that lot, being able to carry items, change armour and weapons, as do the others. I have FO3 Wanderers Edition so Lucy, Moira, Dogmeat, Sydney and Charon have no conflicts with that particular mod - at least on my machine.

LUCY WEST COMPANION [Essential Follower] - Personal favourite of the many followers, as well set up and no conflicts

Complete 'Blood Ties' mission to Arefu and 'Deactivate Atomic Bomb' to get Megaton house from Sheriff Lucas Simms, and have one of the following - Average Speech or Black Widow perk or Lady Killer perk - then return to Lucy. Dialogue will now give option as a Follower and you are given a small number of missions - make Megaton house her new home [afterwards you can re-house her by speaking to her] - get her bottle of wine - get cooking pot and pan - take to Rivet City Flak + Shrapnel Shop to upgrade her energy pistol to a rifle and to unlimited ammo. In the dialogue box you get options including make her Essential. Starter weapon is a Switchblade but you can give her other weapons until her energy weapons become available.

REAL TIME SETTLERS [RTS]

First site was at TEMPLE UNION where Hannibal and his slaves are. Once they leave for Washington Memorial the area is free to move into. Inside the 'fort' I placed my cave houses for me and the market, etc, and outside I cleared the rubble and you are left with relatively flat land and a road with pavement that I lined up my Minefield-type houses on, tho they're hard to place and I now prefer the ranch. The area is free from raiders/radscorp and it's on the caravan route so handy for supplies. Drawback is you can't fast travel from around fort you have to go along the road a little before you are allowed.

Second site, and favourite, is ROBCO BUILDING near 10Penny Tower [Megaton Moira gives mission to here as part of 'Wasteland Survival Book']. Place the cave houses against Robco building and set up village in the open car park area where it's relatively flat, and because i have WASTELAND LIGHTS mod it's nice and bright when night falls as there are quite a few street lights. Robot-selling NPC Tinker Joe passes this area but no caravans, however 10penny Tower is nearby for trading and if you stand where Mr Tenpenny sits you get a great overhead view of your empire and no enemy spawn at Robco either.

I clear things like cars, barriers, etc, by using the ¬ key on PC [below Esc key on left side] to bring up console. Highlight item and type 'disable' [without quotes] then Enter. Then ¬ key again to return to game.

To complement RTS I use the following mods -

DC INTERIORS to gain access to townhouses etc where the modder has placed useful items like furniture and pictures, particularly in the Seward Square area where the Ranger Compound is, though there are some village items in Scrapyard red carriages worth copying

FENG SHUI as so much easier to place any item, big or small, being able to 'pin' weapons, pictures etc on to walls or place on shelves with better accuracy

BOBBLEHEAD DISPLAY UNIT as can set up in your village and not be tied to 10Penny or Megaton

MANNEQUINS [16 in total] that can be used to display armour and set up poses with them holding weapons

MODS

OSCAR ZULU RADIO SIGNAL

This is found at mast tower KX B8-11 which is NE of Grisly Diner. Activate signal and hear Radio message. Go SE from mast on a line heading towards distant silo of Wasteland Farm and on the downslope of a nearby rocky outcrop is the Drainage Chamber. Enter and at 2 skeletons is a 'blooded note'. Read it and their boy is at nearby raiders' camp. Knew there were raiders at Grisly Diner so went there first as very close and found 'Sad Sammy' who told me the whole story. Given a map marker which shows Tom's House, E of relay tower and right beside Powerline Tent. Reach House, have a chat with owner and mod ends on an anti-climax.

ALTERNATE START [ROLE-PLAY]

This is what it says on the tin but it has a quest [small, big ?] which is 'Finding Tony'. Became Scavenger as role-play character, searched around near Start Shack but no clues. Shack very close to Girdershade and Sierra Petrovita, our nuka quantum addict, but she knows nothing [yes, you can begin at other end from Megaton]. No clues/hints so this could run for a while unless I get lucky. Was going to Megaton on my way to Tower KX B8-11 [above mod], but Moira knew nothing, so will head back to Shack territory [try not to fast-travel as like a bit of immersion] and search map-marked interests for clues to 'Tony'. Returning from Megaton I passed Jury Street station and went into the Metro to clear Raiders and came upon a cryptic line 'search the room first . . . ' popping up everywhere in the Tunnels section, but apart from Griggs Wonder Molerat Meat room, which had no 'Tony', there was no other room I could find with indications after a lengthy hunt, so I checked for any 'Finding Tony' online and found one item by author that says he never finished it. This was a few years back so maybe he eventually did but it makes me doubt my progress so far. Anyways, I still think Jury St. Metro was supposed to be Tony's place even though I can find nothing - never know might be a conflict somewhere. Have checked area around Starter Shack, apart from Dunwich Building, and there are no clues there, so maybe eventually I will find someplace that mentions him but it seems unlikely. If anyone can tell me if 'Tony' was actually finished, please do. This takes nothing away from a fantastic mod, 'Tony' was only ever an add-on. Thoroughly recommend it as a lengthy list of new roles you can play - Ghoul, Politician, Raider, Outcast to name a few.

TO SLEEP, PERCHANCE TO DREAM [no followers]

Puzzle-type mod makes you think. Get Bengal Rifle reward. Good story and usual class work from this modder. To start - kick a leaflet anywhere outside and head for Roosevelt Acad [north from Arefu on opposite side of river] where in square are chairs and lectern with holo. It says notes inside Roosevelt Arts + Athletics. Use nearby steps to enter Arts building and turn right to toilets and in cubicle is briefcase with house key and holo saying house on an island near school. Head west from Roosevelt Acad towards river and will see island house. Near island see pier + boat to get to house. Downstairs find holo on bookshelf and bathroom has strange sink and large pic. Upstairs is graph and PC room with desk and clipboard, part-hidden by a book, with diagram showing sink code. Back to sink - code is Hot right, Cold right, Cold left and it fails, activate sink again and it gives more info - 'Kick It'. This opens picture to reveal FUNGI ROOM. Read PC to 'Release Mushroom Controls' that drop from ceiling. Blue screen setting is NPK 3-1-1; Temp 51; Humidity 40. Raw Materials Bin place molerat meat, purified water [2 dirty water OK] and nuka quantum and hit ceiling switch to grow fungi. Construction Bin place mentats and purified water and hit switch to produce Doorway Bottle. In bedroom place all items, except The Doorway, into footlocker. Drink The Doorway and sleep to end up on ledge. Press switch embedded in tree. Drop to HOTEL ROOM with Deathclaw and locked Shelter, climb stairs to level with holo on desk and model house with 4 doors, one with a key. Beside model are steps leading to street and holo in car. Activate Creation Switch. Go back and climb up to reach holo on hospital trolley and X-rays and switch; next level with lever on face machine and steps leading to 3 switches and arrow on window. Last level leads to table + safe which opens with model key for large face-machine lever and holo. Read notes and click switch until X-ray pics cancelled except pelvis, and model doors closed except with clock above it, arrow points down then press machine lever when fungi glow yellow. This kills Deathclaw, pick up coin box at bodies and enter Shelter, reopen and you are in CORPSE CAVE. Jump down from rock, walk around it to find a safe, then explore to find molerat body parts and skeleton with holo + magnum; radscorp parts; dog parts; bloatfly parts and nearby at wall is skeleton + holo. Read holo and safe key is in hollow rock behind blue fungi. Safe has holo. Near bloatfly is path up to pipe with valve, and cave entrance with hanging eggs and 'monster'. Read holo from Safe and note and find monster only eats if you are at tree stump near molerat body. You need ammonia [molerat bladder], insectoid blood pump [blowfly heart] + arachnoid brain [radscorp brain]. Place them in egg and go to stump, monster [Deathclaw] comes out and dies, search it for coins and valve wheel [to fit on pipe] to drain water to enter Shelter using coins. Arrive in BILLIARD CAVE and explore to get five billiard balls - 2 Ball at back wall at purple fungi near building; 8 Ball in a bucket near fungi inside building; 5 Ball in garbage can beside skeleton, street light and Sarah's Note holo; 10 + 13 Ball you go to cannon and press switch to drop grenades to blow up 'guidance' box, then step on pressure plate to fire cannon to knock balls off high-up table. Go to PC area and insert 2, 8, 5, 10 + 13 Balls into footlocker before stepping on nearby pressure plate and cannon fires balls into billiard table triangle. PC says do you want to play ? and gives number list. The billiard table triangle shows numbers 13, 8, 2. Play with these numbers and step on plate and explosion reveals Shelter and coin box rolls on ground. Arrived in SNOWMEN VAULT - holo on desk, projector with switch, snow scene pic, downstairs a whiteboard with hat switch and locked door. Switch on projector to see snowmen with missing parts, go downstairs and click hat switch to get scarf + arm switches. Click switches until you have 2 hats, 2 scarves, 3 arms on whiteboard, go and switch on projector and snowmen now finished and door open. Get a 'save now' panel and switch. Enter POETRY ROOM to see wall panel with missing letters. Pull levers D, T, D, N, then switch. Now in WRECK ROOM. In car is first aid box with coins. Inside bus for Shelter, use coins and back on ledge. Pull tree lever and speak to Deathclaw. Punch it off ledge, look over edge and take 'steps' to THE FOREST. Search Deathclaw body for holo; in corner of steam pond is table with SHACK KEY; inside boat/bus is toolbox with HAMMER and in boat an Easter Pom in crate [get in bus by dropping from roof]; up from bus is car and footlocker with TURPS + 4 BLOOD PACKS; small pool has Easter Pom by skeleton; see locked white fence with hunting shack and molerats; Tiger Substation has locked door - to blow it open read PC info and need FIRE NOZZLE, DETERGENT [both easy finds], TURPS, BLOOD PACKS, HAMMER [in forest], ABRAXO [tucked behind toilet in cubicle]. Go to locked door and get text box with a few choices - take 'hammer on bottom right corner' and then go to firehose box pipe to get text box. Door blows open, enter to find PC to 'unlock storage prototype' to get BENGAL RIFLE + FENCE KEY. Unlock white fence and Hunting Shack to find .32 ammo for your Bengal Rifle, an SRAM unit, Construction Machine and Very Easy safe. Nearby PC says you need orange fungi and protein to create The Door liquid to escape dream world. Go outside and massacre molerats to pick up 2 Alpha Protein Packs [all I found] and at far end of enclosure at cliff wall are orange fungi which you gather. Back to Shack to Construct Machine and place SRAM unit, orange fungus and 2 alpha proteins into Component Bin, hit switch and The Door liquid drops down into left side crate, not in Component Bin. I found protein packs left in Component Bin after Door produced so maybe you don't need them, but it worked anyway so no harm. Drink The Door liquid and go to sleep and you awaken back in the real world, you have escaped. Note says that if use Rifle while exploring you will get info for items to put into Construct Bin to produce things like Scatter Grenades. I found 2 Easter Pomegranates, without seriously searching, but didn't find the other 3. Anyways, pick up your gear from the footlocker, load up your new Bengal Rifle and go and face the Wastelands because you are DONE :smile:

ALTON IL [Followers not supported] - Voice acted - once you reach airport and board airplane you cannot return to Wasteland

Will detail main storyline that returns you to the Wasteland - start by going to Rivet City and near its ramp is workmen barriers and manhole to Dulles Airport - enter to a locked door but key is on table in nearby room. Linear to room where switch is on far wall beside wall light and it lowers ladder back at start to enter airport. Linear and cutscenes. Released from cell go to 2nd floor for stuff [left of bedroom past rubble] and check terminal then speak to Michael + follow to Underground. To fit conductors is simple, follow marker to manhole then in tunnels linear for cables with sparks + conductors. Enter Railway and go down, when choice of 2 routes go where see rail carriage and go left to tents or right to flooded boiler room area for side quest - you need 2 wonderglue, scrap + lead pipe for boiler [in flooded area follow pipes and go underwater to chamber]. Exit Railway by escalators and meet Frank [side quest failed as he wouldn't speak to me to finish it]. Anyway, Hartrick gives info to reach New Godfrey, where also side quests, but main story takes you to clear out Old Godfrey of muties + then find prisoner [map marked]. Then choice of fight for Underground or Plague, I chose Plague, and you enter Vault 59 [if you fight for Underground you escape cell by picking up knife from table then pickpocket gate guard who then opens gate and is easy kill, then you escape vault somehow, so replay value but seems to be sabotage Plague water/stores going by Underground convo]. As double agent for Plague I sabotaged Underground food [storeroom is at cafe and vial goes in red box] and water [same place as boiler quest and vial goes in pipe on only other machine in chamber]. Deactivate turrets last using Hartrick key found on table in his tent - start at entry to Underground and 1st left is a locked door and beside it a room with PC, deactivate then back to V59. Map marked to bunker for C4 thru Deathclaw [them again !]. Reach area with 2 doors, one with Exit sign that has locked ladder but key on table, other door you go upstairs and tucked in a corner is C4 explosives. Reward for this is +10% rad resist and +25% Deathclaw damage + unique Raider shotgun. Back to V59 to its Undercroft [down from cafe] and destroy Underground, then to New Godfrey with Stephen to meet Robert and get his truck [fuel cell in Houck residence at Hop Hollow Farm. Go inside house to find garage door to get cell]. Return to drive truck home to the Wasteland. Truck parked at map marker near Ravens Rock for return trips as a lot to do with exploring houses and doing side quests like 'FIND GODFREY' from Linda in V59. His body is in a marked metro manhole where there is a flooded area. Go into water and when reach blockage go underwater to emerge at other spot and Godfrey body with key for easy exit to Alton and unique 10mm pistol reward. When chose Plague route I lost access to other side quests on Underground side tho tried one to find GOLD CHAIN in Hop Hollow cornfields - stood over the marked area but nothing - think I missed something, maybe a shovel ? Excellent DLC, ridiculous to call it a mod as so much work has gone into its creation and so much more I have to return to complete, with even replay value to do Underground route and its side quests. This is a terrific 'mod', imo one of the best out there. Definitely return to Alton but one main storyline is DONE :smile:

SHADOWS AND DUST VOL I [Followers supported]

Go to Nuka Cola plant near Andale and find body with note under a vending machine to go uphill to buildings where find metal mailbox and blue door. Enter to fight raiders, note on table saying downstairs is locked door [it's entry to small ant colony]. Short mod. DONE :smile:

SHADOWS AND DUST VOL II [Followers caused crash when trying Ernst but OK with Rerev]

Kick broadsheet anywhere to go to Mr Handy Store at Foggy Bottom metro in Dupont West to find receipt to Townsend Assoc. in briefcase. Enter Townsend and find area with Parking Doors to enter to watch Rerev and Lincolnite battle and pick up railway rifles, +20 carry satchel and shishkebabs. At Lincolnite end go thru Shopping Door to Woodley Park Station and thru its tunnel to American U Hall to kill leader Abe Lincoln for his water chip for Vault 71 and unique Railway Candidate Rifle and Railway Rifle schematic on rubble near broken blue door near Weapon Box. Return to battle area and to Rerev end where door takes you left to Vault 71 and right to Georgetown Canal Residences. Go to Canal Residences to kill leader George Washington and take his Emancipator unique weapon and find nuke bomb upstairs. Go to Vault 71 if wish but pointless as never finished and bit of an anti-climax. A side-quest is the escape of Ernst - in Lincolnite area will find 5 holo in hard-to-find places [i only found holo 4 [box on shelf in room where Ernst manhole is] and 5 [with its key and directions, in American U office with a broken PC with holo under its table]. In utility tunnels go left and a room has 2 barrels to move to reveal Ernst hideaway, nearby is an average lock room and on shelf is Radaway ingredients for mixing; PC to read holo is in right side door once enter manhole, never found key for left side door; tarnished key for locked manhole is on nearby shelf; key to exit into Metro Central tunnel is bottom of ladder in toolbox; Trevallian's body in rad suit is at Arlington Cemetery South Metro, area where I believe the mixing vats for radaway are and I will maybe find later. Worth download for Rerev/Lincolnite and prob Ernst if able to find other holo to flesh out story - seem to be in boxes with red handprint but only found 2 and I felt looked well enough, but obviously not. Enjoyable mod even tho Ernst has me a bit confused, but missed 3 holo to tidy up storyline. DONE :smile:

TALL TALE [Companions OK]

Starts at Guy's shop at Canterbury Common [Cuppa Joe] and he sells you tale of a giant for 100 caps. Giant is in the triangle of Oasis, Hilltop Line and MDPL-21 Power Station [more towards Hilltop]. After kill giant you return to Guy and he will buy Deathclaw hands from you for 100 caps each. DONE :smile:

WORLD OF PAIN [Companions supported - 9 separate missions, not incl. side-quests. Fave mods of this awesome work would be Friendship Asylum and Taxidermist but all have good stories, quality and variety.

ZEUS - Begin at Milgram's Shack on a small hillock at Megaton perimeter with the key in Easy mailbox, enter and find key to Zeus' 1st place, tho aircrates around Wasteland have key - 1st Fort Detrick [ghouls], near Big Town; 2nd is Festinger's Chasm [mutants] near Corvega Factory; 3rd at Sperry's Quarry [radscorpion] near Dunwich; 4th at Fort Lewis [deathclaw] is accessed via a car tunnel in Takoma Park [see a Behemoth you are in right area] - reach Takoma via Vernon Sq E Metro; 5th Rosenhan's Brewery [mirelurk] is behind Dukov's Place; last is Zeus' Vault Storage [merc + robots] near Fort Constantine, west of Oasis. Need all 5 keys to get into Vault Storage. Prepare for tough fights - named creature has key for the reward box and each place is map marked [tho glitched one run-through and markers didn't show].

TAXIDERMIST - Start at Cooper's Hotel and get key from Raider to open The Taxidermist's room who gives you 2 side missions. On quest CHELK AND DOOMFIST you find them by entering fire station in Old Olney and going down hole in floor. To your right near a table is a dark area of rocks and that's entrance to Metro Hub system. Go in and when reach railtracks with heavy rad of green mist and mushrooms on your left, go that way and find our men + Scoped Sniper Rifle. In TALON WAREHOUSE mission only 'problem' may be Thorpe's dogtag. In Deathclaw area [these guys again] go up staircase and in ticket booth is Thorpe's body with tag. Do both of Taxidermist side missions and he will then buy as many turpentine as you find - read that 200 all at once gets special reward.

CRYSTAL CITY - Go down to your right, instead of left for Chelk, and see a door with 'Exit' sign and beside it is a large lit-up area that is an anthole leading to the City, a place of Deathclaws, treasure and Plasma Overcharged Pistol [Zeus also has this]. Return thru anthole and take door with 'Exit' to Olney.

GRAYDITCH QUEEN ANT - Head left at diner and follow road until see pylon that's fallen to link 2 buildings. Go up office building ruin and cross pylon to enter auto factory to fight queenie and her troops. Not much there but get Ant Pheromone which ends Angela vanilla side-quest in Rivet City.

BUREAU OF SPECIAL AFFAIRS - Was doing Mama Dolce Trail of Crumbs mod and this is across the courtyard - lucky me. A straight-up fight fest to kill leader and earn his unique Magnum.

FAIRFAX ABANDONED HOUSE- Near centre of Fairfax, left at intersection after pass Fairfax Metro. Just a small house unless I missed something.

FRIENDSHIP ASYLUM - Very linear as doors locked except one and keys found on main characters in mod. Problems ? Well . . . Couldn't even go into the building as blocked by rubble, ended up planting frag grenade to clear - joys of RTS and probably RTS that caused that bug in the first place; in main room the first big fight is seriously laggy/bugged but didn't crash - known problem with no solution; The Chief is seriously strong so be high level, bring plenty firepower, stims and companions as there are a few large-scale fights. Doing solo ? Have my doubts. Exit is through garage door and then walk thru ruined offices. Ended up with Vonda giving Capitol Research Building masterkey and her becoming a companion. Excellent mod with good storyline and serious fighting.

CAPITOL RESEARCH BUILDING - Vonda of Friendship gave a masterkey for Capitol Research so was able to access all areas without finding passwords but not a large rambling place anyway so should be OK would have thought. In Reactor Room find a unique Overcharged Plasma Pistol. Bit laggy in places.

BEASTLORD LAIR - Far west of map. Lots of fighting versus humans and beasts. Beastlord armour is Antagoniser design. All DONE :smile:

POINT LOOKOUT REBORN [Won't be surprised to know this is a POINT LOOKOUT MOD - Companions supported]

Enter Warehouse door beside House of Wares and find switch box at doorway to pram area to begin POWERING THE BOARDWALK quest, go to side of Cuppa Joe to find generator machine and fusebox on pillar at House of Wares. Follow markers to get 3 fuses, put in box and activate generator and power is restored. At back of Warehouse near blue truck find door that now works to access ROBOT AREA to repair robots to patrol, parts are there but need minimum 50 repair. Now go to Homestead Motel, try a door and activate RESTORING POWER quest. Bedroom doors all have no power but along a corridor is a small canteen area and a small open office behind counter area where is PC and key, and on counter by the cash register is another key. Check hotel doors and one opens and leads thru rubble downstairs to 2 locked doors. Find PC tucked behind a wall in a recess to open maintenance room, go in and find PC to open systems room and enable primary lighting, go downstairs and trip switch on wall to open room and repair generator [Repair 65, 3 tin cans, 2 fission battery, 3 scrap]. Return to PC upstairs and enable secondary lighting to gain access to hotel rooms and your rewards. Terrific mod that upgrades Point Lookout - and with map markers when needed. DONE :smile:

IN THE SHADOW OF THE SWAMP [POINT LOOKOUT MOD] [Three missions - companions OK on 1, iffy on 2 [not in scorpion cave], OK on 3]

1) DOCTOR - Go to bank and loan officer's desk where get key to motel room 1B which gives background [Tiger gun found in Quest 2 if wondering]. Off to Room 10 at motel [room has outside access with a locked metal mailbox] to see Autodoc and small safe with punga recipe book inside. Password for both is 405 - PC notes spoke of a BARGE captain not Tobar on Ferry that I initially spoke to. Left from pier is a half-sunk boat and on it is a party hat with 40 and a holo with letters from 5 kids. Same PC notes mention a lunchbox left at the bumper cars [only cars being at House of Wares] and one has lunchbox with Autodoc Access Key ! Use Autodoc and mission ends. As exit the room a screen message pops up giving key to outside mailbox. Reward is Autodoc and Room.

2) BIOLOGIST - Open mailbox to find doctor's note mentioning directions that far NW of map [virtually top corner of map] is biologist's house where box at door gives directions to Punga Scorpion Cave but no house key. In cave find giant punga and beside it a table with a small empty container you fill with Giant Punga Gas, various tables with notes + 3 research entry holos to gather and an area you can't enter because of poison gas. Find 2 footlockers, one with key to the other which contains biologist's house key. I found it a bit of a maze so used punga fruit to mark which routes I had searched. Return to open Bio House and inside is Superchem Lab and in bedside desk a note that the 3 'Research Entry' holos have the key for needed materials - punga gas, mutated punga fruit and poisonous punga fruit [mutie + poison are found exploring or at nearby Grower's Shack garden. Back to SuperChem and put them and Punga Gas inside component box to create Punga Antitoxin. Back to cave and drink it to enter gas chamber to find briefcase with Tiger Gun reward + motel room key 1M. Putting 20 x 10mm ammo + punga poison into Superchem creates poison bullets for Tiger gun. Killing queen punga scorpion and exiting chamber ends mission and you return to motel for Part 3 [dodging the Queen didn't end mission]

3) ANTHROPOLOGIST - [best if you first collect 12 pre-money and do Nadine vanilla Calvert Mansion quest for free ferry]. Use key from Biologist to enter motel room 1M to find 5 holos and safe with shack key. Swamp settlement is east of jet crash site which is close to Bio house, and you enter shack using key to find Care Pack on a table inviting you to Henry Clay Conference Hall north of Warrington Trainyard near 10Penny. At Clay Hall see his face and name on building wall, directly below that is a piece of rubble the SuperChem Lab in Pt Lookout needs to analyse [put in rubble and it spits out key for Wasteland Retailer, a report and rubble]. Luckily, Nadine gives free lifts in ferry so once analysed it's back to Wasteland to find Superchem retailer near Chryslus Building - look at Chrysler Car Painting on wall and go left and Superchem is nearby brownish building with green canopies. Inside there is a PC with the Caspian Challenge [see MISC USEFUL INFO above] but we need the PC to buy upgrade, but it has complicated instructions to work out how many SCB points you need. The 12 pre-money you gathered, step forward - place 3 in safe below terminal and put in code 058 to buy 8 points. Then repeat till reach 32 points which will buy you upgrade found at PC on opposite wall. This PC mentions you need Analysis Fluid - go to room at the back, open door to see average safe with 6 pre-money BUT, if you close the door while inside it reveals a wall shelf with Analysis Fluid! Analysis machine in SCB room doesn't work so it's return to Bio House, Pt Lookout, where machine auto updates when near it, follow easy instructions and insert Fluid Analysis and later the rubble, and find you need Mutie Punga, 5 Wild Punga, Turps, 2 Purified Water to make Sulfamic Acid. So it's back to Wasteland and when approach debris where you got rubble chunk it reveals a door. Upstairs, take notes of famous people dates. Go to room across strip of concrete floor and inside is PC on floor with 'Thoughts of Today' saying take difference between oldest birth [1777] and nearest death [1955]. Go to locked door and key in 3-number code 178 [which is the difference] and find briefcase and 6 notes in total to tidy up storyline. Pyramid of boxes holds exactly the same items btw. Then there is a nice little twist to get your gun reward as you exit the room. Overall a brill mod, well scripted with the 3 missions nicely linked, but imo slightly spoiled by unnecessary travel [could've given option of using SCB machine] and complicated SCB math work [me, useless at math ?] but these were minor frustrations in a classy work. DONE :smile:

A&AT COMPANY [Companions supported]

An enjoyable, different mod. Most important skills ? Speech, Patience + LOTS OF CAPS [20,000 ?] to persuade, wait for events and bribe - and also don't kill merchants of 10penny or do 10Penny Ghoul Quest or blow up Megaton. Go to ranch outside Big Town, unlock rear door and save boy then 10penny to his father Arne and help Anakin to install phone then to ranch to get mission at 10penny for amp - Lydia M has it [reward is 1000]. Ranch and job to connect phone bundles at building near Springvale [wrench on floor, voltage switch on wall near entry] where meet Johnny from Big Town. Use phone for 10penny Shakes for 5 bubblegum mission [Lydia M at 10penny has 3 and Moira at Craterside, Megaton, has 2 (all steal) + 1 at Lucy West in Megaton, also found exploring, particularly if have DC Interior mod. Next is Moriarity saloon where you get conned 500 by Paul [room inside saloon] before Moriarity allows phone [max cost 750 caps]. Every few days phone 10penny Shakes who gives 3 more missions [beer, abraxo and spare parts from Robco]. Now you can phone Megaton and Gob wants you to take delivery to Shakes. Speak to Nova on later phone call and she wants a man [ahem], Ling is chosen but she needs Queen Ant Pheromone [Corvega factory also Rivet City Market female trader next to Bannon's Potomac Attire] and you must phone her - surprise, connection is dead. Speak to Arne then telephone building outside Springvale again to find raiders have taken over. Fight and same repair as last time [hope kept your wrench, I didn't] and then phone Nova who tells you Moriarity, conman Paul and Anakin are double-crossing Arne [no!!!]. You also have to return to Ling who gives sexy lingerie to Nova as a gift but it's all an anti-climax with them and the relationship suddenly ends with no real explanation. Tell Arne about double-cross then interrogate main mod characters [like Shakes] and eventually you can buy out Anakin's company share for huge 10,000 caps and become partner and Anakin will tell you about Moriarity and that conman Paul is at Paradise Falls Slaver Barracks and he will repay some money. As a partner your first job is to hook up Big Town but Anakin won't install, however remember Johnny you met in Bundle Building ? He is in BT [apt abbreviation] in town hall and will fit phone for max 500 caps. Speak to boss of BT, Eve [in town hall], who will allow phone if you can gather items and lend her money to set up a shop - stim, radaway, radx, 20 nuka, 2 whiskey, 5 beer, 1 glass pitcher, 2 coffee mugs, 2 instamash, 5 pork n beans, 2 noodles, 2 forks, 1 butter knife, 2 abraxo, 3 turps, 1 wonderglue, 1 finance clipboard, 1 pencil [some items like fin. clipboard are in town hall]. She repays money you loaned over time. Chat to Arne who asks for 5000 caps for items and says you can keep phone money you collect and that's the company done he says - but confusingly it's not - he now wants posters printed. Best speak to Anakin who map-marks Hubris Comics where print press is [can speak to Johnny but he won't map-mark]. Go to Hubris and elevator to print section [find large Cpt Cosmos poster on corridor wall and it's nearby]. You emerge upper level where PC in front of you gets activated, then downstairs and go along corridor to find PC to open Foreman Room then past pitch machines and upstairs to where Mad Wes is and there's Average PC with info on how to print poster. Then downstairs to conveyor belt coming from wall to find eight A&AT posters. Back to Arne who tells you how to put them up at phone sites and apart from daily collection of phone money you are DONE :smile:

TIES THAT BIND [Companions are supported and Amanda goes everywhere in main mission - incl V101 and Ravens Rock prisons, so don't forget her]

Can't praise this mod highly enough as it seamlessly explains your character's early life before V101 and gives you a sister [Amanda] who is a fighter as well. Writing is top-notch as it makes you really care about your character and Amanda and the background to your mum and dad is believable, and as it follows main mission you can keep it on for future characters. Was going to put in minor crits but seemed unworthy so will only say to keep checking her 'Any Thoughts' as sometimes she starts explaining things but other times you have to ask. Anyways, if you have Wasteland Explorer mod, begin from birth scene in V101 and at 10th birthday Amanda hands you Patches her teddy-bear - KEEP HIM. On your run to escape from Vault 101 you need to free Amanda from glass-walled storage room in area where 2 young dwellers argue about escaping. Exit Vault 101 and Amanda is captured by slavers from Paradise Falls [500 caps to enter Paradise and 200 caps to free sister when you speak to Wilk at slave pens entrance near roasting brahmin]. Tick along with snippets of info from Amanda and at cutscene where dad is killed in Jefferson Memorial [wonder how Col. Autumn escapes ?], speak to traumatised sis, cos if you don't she may not follow into tunnels with Dr Li to reach the Citadel. Tick along with more info from Amanda to Ravens Rock - exit your prison to Meet the President and go right and Amanda is in cell 6. She then leads you to recover dad's body, so don't let her out of your sight. When recommence Meet the President mission you are close to area where him and Bobblehead are. Escape from Rock, meet Fawkes, and speak to Amanda about burying dad. You jump to place near Rivet City to bury dad and find out more background on mum and dad and their early days. Head off to their old shack and mum's burial site and leave Patches in the baby pram as a remembrance. Amanda and you return to Citadel and Project Purity where follow Liberty Prime to take back Jefferson Memorial - ah, what an ending ! Won't say what it is, why spoil it as there's nothing left needing to know for walkthru. Excellent job - DONE :smile:

RAILWAY EXPRESS [Companions are supported]

First-time mod but good job. Shack is at left on hilltop when look at ice-cream man of Paradise. Get Explosive Railway Rifle. Dog collar is on BBQ at tent. DONE :smile:

VAULT 101 REVISITED [Mixed bag for companions as only supported for the very first mission to escort to Rivet City] - voice acted

One month in-game after Waters of Life vanilla quest Suzie finds you to say V101 needs help to escort doc from Rivet City, a timed mission of 5 days to get them to V101 but very easy to complete, no fast travel allowed for this mission.They go to V101 clinic and best part company with companions at this point. Wait one day and Gomez asks you to find Amata in Canterbury Commons. Alice is companion now. Find dead Jack [note] near blue car outside Canterbury, in rubble is his cache. To find compound go to Antagoniser Lair and head NE using pipboy. Walk up to main gate and ask to enter - poor storyline bit that always niggles, not believable at all ! On breakout go far end of corridor to room where Amata is and kill officer, don't free her as clear area first. One antidote on this level is in officer room in safe behind skewed wall picture. Next area, clear Tower Block first and then go to Computer room even tho it's red colour it's open. Agree to Blue Queen plan, activate self-destruct and at locker at doorway is more antidote. At door that's blocked look at terminal's work notes and see about loose vents, one which is at Tower lower level you came in at. Linear route thru vent to reach upper room with PC to speak to Queen and siren is on left wall beside PC. Fight free and run to marker on map to watch compound's destruction then take Amata to V101; Alice has left you. A mission to get water chip arrives so go to Vault Tec HQ. Take stims/grenades/radx/radaway. When you enter, ahead is a blocked passage, head towards it to get info message on screen. Find a pipboy on body and when you get locked in with Pirate's body [take letter about quest] go into poison pipe to reach a room with Terminal which lets you purge pipe poison [switch is in maintenance tunnel at bottom of ladder]; trap with rad poison, move barrel to reveal manhole; laser lights blocking doorway disabled by grenade. Get chip and back to Stanley and mention the pipboy to get +10 on action points. Map travel to Pirate's quest to rescue sister named Trouble and you meet his ghost. Choice of 2 endings but same +10 carry reward. Take stims as very large bears with lots of hit points no matter what ending you choose. Takes 1000 gold to get Trouble as business partner in Canterbury Commons, unfortunately I have RTS and that over-rides whatever is supposed to happen and I got no chat about profits - sheesh ! My favourite mod as integrates seamlessly with game. DONE :smile:

OLD WORLD SECRETS [No companions after the DC Offices, well, maybe, but it kinda gets buggy from then on so would leave them behind]

Body at Megaton perimeter beside molerats. Nick's shack is on hill behind Arefu and across from Restoration Pier. Bank is Mason District not Lincoln Savings which is next door. At NW Seneca the entry is a manhole inside a trash bin behind the building you want to enter. At DC Offices 3 keys are on 1st level [toilet booth suitcase; in corridor where room has no door is suitcase and at end of that corridor look behind upturned chairs etc for body/suitcase] then upstairs in toilet booth is last suitcase key and opposite that toilet is Freelander's office whose PC gives you data. At MDPL facility beside Sat. array [all map marked] go inside and ID is beside small light and body, however really glitchy and had to reload a few times before ID appeared. Go to right at billiard area and key for Storage is on table in Nuka Vending room. The storage ID is in main office heading left. Back to glitchville as the guy at the bomb didn't appear. After reloads he did once. I forgot to save, went to last bit and was killed and he hasn't appeared again. Last bit is reward - at Old Farm - it's in hollowed rock inside broken silo. Brill mod, pity about the bugginess, save often. DONE :smile:

TECH REVOLUTION [Companions are OK]

Get no clues to map locations once reach building to search, so I personally found it a grind. However, Map 1 is given, map 2 in Deathclaw Sanctuary at farthest part from entry where you see metal ladders going up to flat area; map 3 in abandoned shack at Clifftop Shacks, dodge mutie as ridiculous hit points and map is in back wall cabinet; map 4 is during main mission at Vault 87 - on way to Geck, trip over a dead Enclave with map; map 5 in Rivet City wooden wardrobe top of bridge tower where guards sleep; map 6 Rep. of Dave Men's Quarters footlocker; map 7 in Dunwich Building but never found it after three attempts - the place is too big and too many places for a little map to be hidden. I get easily lost at best of times so probably shouldn't have tried this mod but I . . . . . . . . . FAIL

THE REFUGE [Companions are supported]

Lisa mission wants her husband + son found, straightforward hunt following markers, with a note to find in Rep of Dave's Men's Quarters in Bob's footlocker - enjoyable. Jocelyn mission is largest and begins at a manhole outside L'Enfant Metro entrance; gate key is upstairs in ticket booth, gate opened but it was electric which killed me. Reload I jumped down from booth level then on return stack barrels using the Feng Shui mod to use as staircase - a side quest to Jocelyn is you speak to Dr Barrows about holo but like others it failed on me. Darren mission needs finished before Katya would end hers - will give quest but no end until Darren says speak to her. Sarn Hunter's Roost u leave Marigold Metro, go left and uphill past barriers, Roost on your right. At Mason District it points to Lincoln Savings, enter and with me it points to go out again. Clues came with mod but bits that were supposed to be there weren't, so seems like my bank is bugged out. With high speech it even says you have done initial quest! Interesting mod but won't do again as just too buggy. DONE :smile:

A NOTE EASILY MISSED [No companions inside Tiger Facility]

Gary's ruined house has a safe that has key to facility and is in Minefield opposite Gibson's house [compared mod map roads with World Map]; microchamber key in truck outside Corvega so no need to enter factory. Well written, easy to recommend mod. DONE :smile:

PROJECT GENESIS [No companions from Gene-Tec entry]

Near Jury St Metro is Werner Hauss home's locked vault in the basement, switch is on pool table below the hula girl. Vault has key to nearby O'Neill home and in that basement is fission for generator then a switch on the 2nd machine of a group opens wall panel with PC and direction to Gene Tech. At G-Tech need fuse to help soldiers - up 3 stairs in collapsed ceiling area. Find body and on table is fuse [like pilot light]. Must follow soldiers from then on until they open maintenance for you before they leave. Get to Cryo Lab A and thaw out scientists [awesome cutscene here] + soldiers at Lab B then it's off to meet them at the side door to the right of main entrance on west side of Nuka Cola factory - kill people in cutscene. Straightforward until you reach inventive test section - 3rd one has fire + barrels but go underwater + look left to see passage and you exit at enjoyable test XVII [relax, you don't actually do 17] then last test with robots you can over-ride on PC and end up in Bishop's room that you exit by activating bedroom coffee machine to open panel in yellow pod room to escape and rest is straightforward. Awesome mod. DONE :smile:

DR LESKO'S RESEARCH [Companions are supported, except in Section C]

A frustrating mod of highs and lows - The low - puzzles are far too vague and hints [dictionary definition: helpful suggestion] are nearly useless - Part One gives no clue at all on where to look for Giant Ant Eggs and hint says 'only 2 locations in Wasteland', but the Wastes are huge ! Part Two and the door code needs gamer to know the exact date War began and I have never found any info on exact date only the year, however the hint does give exact date but that defeats purpose of puzzle, and the hint for finding the book in apartment is hilarious. Picture it, you've searched for a good few minutes getting nowhere and need a hint, which says - 'search very carefully and it's apparent' - um, no, if it was I wouldn't be looking for a hint. The high - very intense battles against lots of enemies at once, well written and scripted.

1) GIANT ANT EGGS. Return to Grayditch after 'Those' and Lesko, in his shack, asks you to get 5 giant ant eggs. By utter sheer luck I had been at Corvega Factory for 'Note Easily Missed' beforehand and Queen ant + giant ant eggs are there. Might have searched forever otherwise, but don't know where other Giant Ant is.

2) INSECT GENOME BOOK. Look initially in Arlington Library Reference Section, door is upstairs in 2nd lobby - no book but you free Scribe Thomas with jail key [in same room], need his notebook in footlocker on same level, different room, and desk at nuka vending has a holo about envelope in Library of Congress for Congresswoman Corby, who has the book. SAVE as the info Thomas gives is not repeated and it doesn't pause so probably need to reload !! Thomas gives crucial info on Corby [birth + address] and the Library Annex; also speak to Scribe Yearling about Library Annex and to get reward for saving Thomas. Corby's apartment block has green canopies and is near bottom of World Map midway between Nuka Plant and DC Toll [straight line west from Toll] , it has phone entry but can't get in. So it's off to Seward Sq NW. Look at Capitol Building East Entry door and go left as far as you can and hidden by a large mound of rubble is a door to enter linear Congress Library Annex - battle upstairs to the top and inside curtained room is a Hard safe which contains envelope to deliver to Corby. Go to Corby's Apt and speak to phone entry and should now be text in dialogue box to enter. Corby apartment code is 102338 [her birth date was October (month 10) 23, 2038 - 39 years to the day before the war of October 23, 2077]. Being UK I would put day/month/year but this mod, set in USA, does month/day/year. In apartment the workbench room Easy PC activates power/non-essential robot. In the living-room [Hard PC] look at dining-room door and to left side is a desk with 2 vases and nearby picture on wall. Position yourself so can see vase and picture on wall and when you activate vase the pic moves down to reveal Hard safe. Open for book and return to Lesko.

3) FEV STRAIN. To do this, prepare with Rad items, as heavy rad area for quite a while, and a Fission Battery [in case you forget to pick up] and you will need to go through Little Lamplight to V87 so a bit of the main mission is needed [didn't try the high rad entry area of V87 which normally kills]. The V87 Section C is a blast - hope you got lots of ammo ! - and balances out the ghastly puzzles of Genome section. Anyways - Doc gives you Decrypter and says he needs FEV strain AM-1002-14a and mentions info is on a well-hidden computer system at Vault-Tec HQ. So, off to V-Tec and go upstairs and thru Corporate Offices and head up to reach Admin Section. When find office with Vault-Tec banner go to left-side back office and find a switch under curved desk [this may be part of 'Agatha's Song' FO3 quest as something opens but doesn't affect this mod] and beside it a system terminal [which you do need] where install Decrypter to enable to read notes on PC mentioning a basement door - forgot to write down what Repair for Decrypter installation and Science for Terminal you need [my Repair is max but can only be Average Science as I am level 55]. Leave V-Tec and go to nearby Vernon Sq Nth Metro and thru 1st door on left and get key off raider body to open downstairs locked door to enter electrified tunnel. Criss-cross the rail tracks by finding rubble over the lines and head left [going right leads to a train] to find power room where see a ladder on corner wall near PC that leads to a utility tunnel and a room where can adjust power levels to Red 130kv, Blue 50kv, White 150kv and that brings Green down to 50kv. Return via utility/power room to the now non-electric track and walk down to pass the train, keeping right, to get to Vault-Tec door to head upstairs and walk corridor to reach right-hand door near blocked stairs and enter room, then another room for an easily-spotted Hard wall safe and V87 keys. Now it's off to Little Lamplight to V87 to head to the Living Quarters. Reach upper level with hanging gore bags, cross gangway and go right and upstairs, and opposite med room + Average safe are stairs leading down to Level 2a Labs [if you arrive at Test Lab door you missed stairs but you are close]. Relatively linear on 2a and you arrive in area that has door to Section C and get to meet Simon the Ghoul [DO NOT KILL] who opens said door. It's linear and you will arrive at a flooded green area - one room has Auto Dispenser machine and opposite is room with power-less PC that needs Fission Battery you carried. Once working, click on section 'AM' then strain '1002-14a' and exit to go to Auto Dispenser room and pick up the FEV strain. A long walk back thru V87 / Lamplight to reach Wasteland then Grayditch and Dr Lesko for reward. DONE :smile:

THE INSTITUTE [No companions, but not needed as detective work with only brief battles at end]

Recommend this as something different, voiced as well which is nice - start with body in rad suit [take suit] outside Chryslus building. Go to Vault 87 rad entrance which is now institute, look right while heading down tunnel to vault. The key points are Terry's PC and holo under bed in Quarters. Choice of 2 endings. DONE :smile:

TRAIL OF CRUMBS [11 safes to find. Very good end rewards. Companions are supported]. Brill mod if you are going for exploring

Go behind Chryslus building and kill Bubba the Merc for instructions to go to CORVEGA FACTORY and keep going up when you reach back of factory [with me it's area with queen ant]. Safe is found in an upstairs office with raider/wastelander bodies. Next is LOB INSTITUTE and you go to your right at entrance and go downstairs to reach Archives offices and safe easily found [tbh I forgot to write directions but it's straightforward. Next to RED RACER FACTORY and thru factory floor to reach CEO offices [lit-up door near body], search and find room where you meet The Surgeon and the safe is on a shelf beside another safe that's on the floor. Next CLIFFTOP CAVERNS a raider outpost. Linear, and when reach fork take the right tunnel to hit dead end with a tent with 3 safes on floor, one is ours. Next WHEATON ARMOURY, enter and follow the doors with rad signs to reach radiated factory floor. Go to the bottom, go along corridor that has a turret and you are there - our safe is left side room on a shelf near door. There's a terminal to disable turret in our room and the other room has oodles of weapons and armour - but very hard lock. Next MAMA DOLCE FOOD DISTRIBUTION, entry is farthest left door. Go in and go straight thru first factory floor and then the second floor to climb metal stairway to metal room where head left to go along office corridor and go down 2 flights of stairs to bottom floor where hole leads to cavern and behind tables that you jump over are 3 safes, top one is ours. Then it's ROOSEVELT ACAD. OF ARTS building to go down to Maintenance + Evac Tunnel where go right, left and right immediately you enter, walk a short passage and turn left [don't go downstairs] and our safe is on shelf. Then CHRYSLUS BUILDING entry where straight ahead is locked door to basement. Go down following arrow markers on pipboy and in room our safe is easily seen. Then it's Talon's FORT BANNISTER. At sandbag fortifications there are stairs downward, go in and head for passage to your right. It's linear until enter Commanding Officer's Quarters where you go right to pass a turret terminal to enter area and if look down will see 2 safes in area below. Then CAPITOL BUILDING which is straightforward. All paths lead to room with large Talon and Mutie Behemoth battle. Safe is at back of that room on a shelf. Then HIDDEN BUNKER at Fort Constantine. See C.O. Quarters ranch and to the right at the cliff-face is a manhole. Enter to complete the Trail and reward is selection of weapons, chems and ammo and +50 Carry, +1 Endurance and +5 Critical. Exit by ladder on the wall near table with wine. DONE :smile:

Edited by puck55

• 3 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I

First thing to say is, I have no connection to any of the mods I mention below. Most are here because I couldn't find information when I became stuck so I pieced them together for a reference. There is a Miscellaneous Info section added, detailing some possible problems encountered and for puzzles like Liberty Pawn Shop and its Drunken Gnome. Finally, and most importantly, I wish to thank all the incredible work put in by all modders - your work is greatly appreciated.

Put on 2 new mods [23/2/2015] - 'Oscar Zulu Radio Signal [very small mod already done]' and 'Alternate Start Roleplay [has side quest which may not have been completed by author - see below]'.

Have completed walkthroughs for the following mods

TO SLEEP, PERCHANCE TO DREAM

ALTON ILLINOIS Main Mission

SHADOWS + DUST VOL 1-2

TALL TALES

WORLD OF PAIN all sections

POINT LOOKOUT REBORN

IN THE SHADOW OF THE SWAMP VOL 1-3

A&AT COMPANY

TIES THAT BIND

RAILWAY EXPRESS

VAULT 101 REVISITED

OLD WORLD SECRETS

NOTE EASILY MISSED

PROJECT GENESIS

DR LESKO'S RESEARCH

THE INSTITUTE

TRAIL OF CRUMBS

OSCAR ZULU RADIO SIGNAL

Added 3 other mods : MOIRA BROWN CRATERSIDE ENTERPRISES and LUCY WEST COMPANION and REAL TIME SETTLERS [RTS].

Partially completed THE REFUGE, but so buggy couldn't do everything; TECH REVOLUTION, but couldn't find final 7th map in Dunwich Building.

Didn't put on 'CRIMSON CARAVAN', 'AREFU EXPANDED' or 'EVENING WITH MR MANCHESTER', as had issues with first two with clipping paths, etc, and 'Manchester' seemed far too puzzle based for me - I like PC puzzle games but mind-set is not ready while doing FO3 - and there is also a walkthrough on the web by the mod author. Put on 'QUEST FOR HEAVEN' but didn't activate - had game enhancers like Streetlights, etc, so must have conflicted, but wasn't going through trial and error to find it. Considered 'CUBE EXPERIMENT' but it and 'HEAVEN' have author walkthroughs.

NOTE TO MODDERS : If your character is giving info that the gamer needs, please give an option of hearing it again as I have been caught trying to write down what I am supposed to be doing and I lose vital stuff as it's gone off-screen - and if I haven't saved for a few minutes . . . . . . . . gulp !

MISCELLANEOUS USEFUL INFO -

1 AUTO SAVE in game causes crashes - took off and it made a big difference to me.

2 RTS PROBLEM. Can't quit the text 'I look for companion', go to console [¬ key] and type in CAM then press Enter then exit console.

3 LOST COMPANION ? Then get the ID ref. and in console type 'player.moveto .............' [ no quotes + replace ............ with ref. you need, and yes there is a space before ref. number]. Three common companion ref ID would be Lucy West 00003b5b; Dogmeat 0006a775 or 0006a772 and Fawkes 0002d9cf - well, common to yours truly.

4 SET ESSENTIAL. To set companions as essential open the console with ¬ key [left of key no. 1] and key in [eg Dogmeat] 'SetEssential 0006a772 1' with the spaces but no quotes. Companion IDs I found are as follows and depending where you look they can differ. Dogmeat: 0006a772 or 0006a775 - Fawkes: 0003D34E - Sergeant RL3: 00094867 - Charon: 000156f6 or 0002b8e1 - Paladin Cross: 000156e5 - Jericho: 00000a71 - Sydney: 00003a22 - Clover: 000156a2 - Butch: 00027f65

5 REILLY'S RANGERS. Save her team in Statesman Hotel and return to Ranger Compound to speak to Reilly to get Mapping Mission. When she gives you Geomapper don't say you have mapped areas, just go outside and go back in again. Now speak to her about mapping and areas you found before Reilly's Rangers mission she will pay you for.

6 MEGATON HOLLOW ROCK - Look at Meg's gate and go right and follow perimeter. Pass broken part of bridge and then group of 7 trees. Just past them see a rock with 3 tree stumps - that's it. Gives stims, sniper rifle, ammo. A good boost at the beginning.

7 BURGLAR ALARM / DRUNK GNOME [Liberty Loans Pawn Shop]. Enter Dog House Hotel next door and take elevator to 2nd floor. Enter room between a kitchen area and a workbench/robot area and see 2 TV monitors on wall with broken desk below. Underneath desk is the burglar alarm to deactivate. Once off, return to Liberty Loans and all locked glass is open and can access Drunk Gnome Willy Wineo.

8 TIGER CASPIAN CHALLENGE MEATS - Burned Loin + Cooked Flank Steak + Burned Bits of Meat [human]; Burned Bits of Meat [brahmin]; Burned Hunk of Meat + Cooked Arthropod Meat [radscorp]; Cooked Leg [molerat]; Burned Chunk of Meat + Cooked Loin of Beast [dog]; Cooked Arthropod Meat [ant]; Cooked Abomination Burger [Deathclaw]; Cooked Ghoul Giblets [Ghoul]. Went to PC in Super Chem Retailer for info and found first challenge is 6 Cooked Meats with reward of Tiger Utility Belt to carry +15 Weight. Second challenge is 3 Burned Meats, reward of Guns/Bullets Book, Flamethrower Book, Super Stealth Boy. Next challenge is to Cook a Meal using Punga and other ingredients but didn't appeal, so this is as far as I go.

9 VAULT 112, Casey's Garage, Dr Braun main mission. TRANQUILITY LANE sequence in Abandoned House to access fail-safe terminal for Chinese Invasion to get exit door in playpark near Betty : Radio; Pitcher; Gnome; Pitcher; Concrete Block; Gnome; Nuka Bottle. Only if you don't want to do Betty's quests to rescue Dad.

10 On mod 'NEW AIR IN BIG TOWN' - there is a player's house now in Big Town which has bed, workbench and First Lab and the key can be found by entering Town Hall and going upstairs to the room that has 3 terminals on a curved desk. It also has a Hard Safe which holds the player's house key. Go into Red's Clinic and there is a ladder on a wall that leads to the roof where there is ammo and sometimes Red herself. Big Town itself has been extended a bit with church, tents etc.

11 WASTELANDERS EDITION - Unfortunately had to take this off as tried various known solutions but couldn't fix the Outcast flickering armour, however there are mods out there that give injuries, needs, crafting, alternate starts and weapons so was able to make life similarly hard. Also like 'Practice Makes Perfect' where you upgrade as you use skills, similar to 'Oblivion' game style, rather than getting points to place anywhere.

METRO MAGIC

To access DC central ruins do main mission of 'Following in his Footsteps' to find Galaxy News Radio - Collapsed Car Tunnel, Chevy Chase Nth, Dry Sewers [Reilly Rangers], Dupont Station, Georgetown Nth 1, Dupont Circle and Foggy Bottom.

ANACOSTIA CROSSING - Straight thru leads to Seward Sq + Reilly Compound; on rails to reach Metro Central [one way Museum Tech, other to Museum History]

FRIENDSHIP HEIGHTS - Entrance is a raider outpost and Hannibal leads his slaves thru here to FARRAGUT WEST

FARRAGUT WEST - Leads to CHEVY CHASE NORTH and Galaxy News Radio [follow GNR grafitti on tunnel walls]

NW SENECA - Sell Sugar Bombs to ghoul and find The Family [needed for Arefu/Lucy West quests]

VERNON SQ EAST/TAKOMA PARK - Back of Unearthed Sewer at Vernon North. Water section is route to Takoma Park

FALLS CHURCH METRO - This area is accessed thru MARIGOLD METRO which is found when doing the Grayditch 'Those' mission

GEORGETOWN NORTH 1- Access to GNR while doing Wasteland Survival molerat repellant from TEPID SEWERS

GEORGETOWN NORTH 2 - Start GEORGETOWN WEST; access Georgetown South + East Metros

L'ENFANT PLAZA METRO - Access this thru IRRADIATED METRO which is close to Lincoln Memorial.

I HAVE 'DLC COMPANIONS' MOD - IF YOU DON'T, THEN YOUR COMPANIONS MAY NOT BE ABLE TO ENTER THE 'POINT LOOKOUT' OR OTHER DLC

COMPANIONS [Moira Brown and Lucy West - new dialogue is spoken by original Bethesda actresses]. See both Nexus mods for more details

MOIRA BROWN CRATERSIDE ENTERPRISES [Essential Follower]

Complete 'Wasteland Survival' quest - and don't blow up Megaton - and you get an option to get Moira as an Essential Follower, but you have to hire 2 assistants first [total 700g]. They are wandering around Megaton and are map marked so doesn't take long. Once assistants take over Craterside then Moira will follow you and you have access to Craterside Armour, Lab Uniform and Vault Suit [relatively low level but all have side perks]. As you progress through Wasteland you can access dialogue which boosts your stats and Moira has ROBEART in her equipment and if you put it in your equipment it will also boost your stats, so she is worthwhile. She also gets weapons like Universal Revolver and Railway Rifle for example. In this run-through I have companions of Lucy West, Sydney + Dogmeat [all Nexus mods and they include backpacks and armour mods as well], and Charon from Ghoul City, so Moira tags along quite happily with that lot, being able to carry items, change armour and weapons, as do the others. I have FO3 Wanderers Edition so Lucy, Moira, Dogmeat, Sydney and Charon have no conflicts with that particular mod - at least on my machine.

LUCY WEST COMPANION [Essential Follower] - Personal favourite of the many followers, as well set up and no conflicts

Complete 'Blood Ties' mission to Arefu and 'Deactivate Atomic Bomb' to get Megaton house from Sheriff Lucas Simms, and have one of the following - Average Speech or Black Widow perk or Lady Killer perk - then return to Lucy. Dialogue will now give option as a Follower and you are given a small number of missions - make Megaton house her new home [afterwards you can re-house her by speaking to her] - get her bottle of wine - get cooking pot and pan - take to Rivet City Flak + Shrapnel Shop to upgrade her energy pistol to a rifle and to unlimited ammo. In the dialogue box you get options including make her Essential. Starter weapon is a Switchblade but you can give her other weapons until her energy weapons become available.

REAL TIME SETTLERS [RTS]

First site was at TEMPLE UNION where Hannibal and his slaves are. Once they leave for Washington Memorial the area is free to move into. Inside the 'fort' I placed my cave houses for me and the market, etc, and outside I cleared the rubble and you are left with relatively flat land and a road with pavement that I lined up my Minefield-type houses on, tho they're hard to place and I now prefer the ranch. The area is free from raiders/radscorp and it's on the caravan route so handy for supplies. Drawback is you can't fast travel from around fort you have to go along the road a little before you are allowed.

Second site, and favourite, is ROBCO BUILDING near 10Penny Tower [Megaton Moira gives mission to here as part of 'Wasteland Survival Book']. Place the cave houses against Robco building and set up village in the open car park area where it's relatively flat, and because i have WASTELAND LIGHTS mod it's nice and bright when night falls as there are quite a few street lights. Robot-selling NPC Tinker Joe passes this area but no caravans, however 10penny Tower is nearby for trading and if you stand where Mr Tenpenny sits you get a great overhead view of your empire and no enemy spawn at Robco either.

I clear things like cars, barriers, etc, by using the ¬ key on PC [below Esc key on left side] to bring up console. Highlight item and type 'disable' [without quotes] then Enter. Then ¬ key again to return to game.

To complement RTS I use the following mods -

DC INTERIORS to gain access to townhouses etc where the modder has placed useful items like furniture and pictures, particularly in the Seward Square area where the Ranger Compound is, though there are some village items in Scrapyard red carriages worth copying

FENG SHUI as so much easier to place any item, big or small, being able to 'pin' weapons, pictures etc on to walls or place on shelves with better accuracy

BOBBLEHEAD DISPLAY UNIT as can set up in your village and not be tied to 10Penny or Megaton

MANNEQUINS [16 in total] that can be used to display armour and set up poses with them holding weapons

MODS

OSCAR ZULU RADIO SIGNAL

This is found at mast tower KX B8-11 which is NE of Grisly Diner. Activate signal and hear Radio message. Go SE from mast on a line heading towards distant silo of Wasteland Farm and on the downslope of a nearby rocky outcrop is the Drainage Chamber. Enter and at 2 skeletons is a 'blooded note'. Read it and their boy is at nearby raiders' camp. Knew there were raiders at Grisly Diner so went there first as very close and found 'Sad Sammy' who told me the whole story. Given a map marker which shows Tom's House, E of relay tower and right beside Powerline Tent. Reach House, have a chat with owner and mod ends on an anti-climax.

ALTERNATE START [ROLE-PLAY]

This is what it says on the tin but it has a quest [small, big ?] which is 'Finding Tony'. Became Scavenger as role-play character, searched around near Start Shack but no clues. Shack very close to Girdershade and Sierra Petrovita, our nuka quantum addict, but she knows nothing [yes, you can begin at other end from Megaton]. No clues/hints so this could run for a while unless I get lucky. Was going to Megaton on my way to Tower KX B8-11 [above mod], but Moira knew nothing, so will head back to Shack territory [try not to fast-travel as like a bit of immersion] and search map-marked interests for clues to 'Tony'. Returning from Megaton I passed Jury Street station and went into the Metro to clear Raiders and came upon a cryptic line 'search the room first . . . ' popping up everywhere in the Tunnels section, but apart from Griggs Wonder Molerat Meat room, which had no 'Tony', there was no other room I could find with indications after a lengthy hunt, so I checked for any 'Finding Tony' online and found one item by author that says he never finished it. This was a few years back so maybe he eventually did but it makes me doubt my progress so far. Anyways, I still think Jury St. Metro was supposed to be Tony's place even though I can find nothing - never know might be a conflict somewhere. Have checked area around Starter Shack, apart from Dunwich Building, and there are no clues there, so maybe eventually I will find someplace that mentions him but it seems unlikely. If anyone can tell me if 'Tony' was actually finished, please do. This takes nothing away from a fantastic mod, 'Tony' was only ever an add-on. Thoroughly recommend it as a lengthy list of new roles you can play - Ghoul, Politician, Raider, Outcast to name a few.

TO SLEEP, PERCHANCE TO DREAM [no followers]

Puzzle-type mod makes you think. Get Bengal Rifle reward. Good story and usual class work from this modder. To start - kick a leaflet anywhere outside and head for Roosevelt Acad [north from Arefu on opposite side of river] where in square are chairs and lectern with holo. It says notes inside Roosevelt Arts + Athletics. Use nearby steps to enter Arts building and turn right to toilets and in cubicle is briefcase with house key and holo saying house on an island near school. Head west from Roosevelt Acad towards river and will see island house. Near island see pier + boat to get to house. Downstairs find holo on bookshelf and bathroom has strange sink and large pic. Upstairs is graph and PC room with desk and clipboard, part-hidden by a book, with diagram showing sink code. Back to sink - code is Hot right, Cold right, Cold left and it fails, activate sink again and it gives more info - 'Kick It'. This opens picture to reveal FUNGI ROOM. Read PC to 'Release Mushroom Controls' that drop from ceiling. Blue screen setting is NPK 3-1-1; Temp 51; Humidity 40. Raw Materials Bin place molerat meat, purified water [2 dirty water OK] and nuka quantum and hit ceiling switch to grow fungi. Construction Bin place mentats and purified water and hit switch to produce Doorway Bottle. In bedroom place all items, except The Doorway, into footlocker. Drink The Doorway and sleep to end up on ledge. Press switch embedded in tree. Drop to HOTEL ROOM with Deathclaw and locked Shelter, climb stairs to level with holo on desk and model house with 4 doors, one with a key. Beside model are steps leading to street and holo in car. Activate Creation Switch. Go back and climb up to reach holo on hospital trolley and X-rays and switch; next level with lever on face machine and steps leading to 3 switches and arrow on window. Last level leads to table + safe which opens with model key for large face-machine lever and holo. Read notes and click switch until X-ray pics cancelled except pelvis, and model doors closed except with clock above it, arrow points down then press machine lever when fungi glow yellow. This kills Deathclaw, pick up coin box at bodies and enter Shelter, reopen and you are in CORPSE CAVE. Jump down from rock, walk around it to find a safe, then explore to find molerat body parts and skeleton with holo + magnum; radscorp parts; dog parts; bloatfly parts and nearby at wall is skeleton + holo. Read holo and safe key is in hollow rock behind blue fungi. Safe has holo. Near bloatfly is path up to pipe with valve, and cave entrance with hanging eggs and 'monster'. Read holo from Safe and note and find monster only eats if you are at tree stump near molerat body. You need ammonia [molerat bladder], insectoid blood pump [blowfly heart] + arachnoid brain [radscorp brain]. Place them in egg and go to stump, monster [Deathclaw] comes out and dies, search it for coins and valve wheel [to fit on pipe] to drain water to enter Shelter using coins. Arrive in BILLIARD CAVE and explore to get five billiard balls - 2 Ball at back wall at purple fungi near building; 8 Ball in a bucket near fungi inside building; 5 Ball in garbage can beside skeleton, street light and Sarah's Note holo; 10 + 13 Ball you go to cannon and press switch to drop grenades to blow up 'guidance' box, then step on pressure plate to fire cannon to knock balls off high-up table. Go to PC area and insert 2, 8, 5, 10 + 13 Balls into footlocker before stepping on nearby pressure plate and cannon fires balls into billiard table triangle. PC says do you want to play ? and gives number list. The billiard table triangle shows numbers 13, 8, 2. Play with these numbers and step on plate and explosion reveals Shelter and coin box rolls on ground. Arrived in SNOWMEN VAULT - holo on desk, projector with switch, snow scene pic, downstairs a whiteboard with hat switch and locked door. Switch on projector to see snowmen with missing parts, go downstairs and click hat switch to get scarf + arm switches. Click switches until you have 2 hats, 2 scarves, 3 arms on whiteboard, go and switch on projector and snowmen now finished and door open. Get a 'save now' panel and switch. Enter POETRY ROOM to see wall panel with missing letters. Pull levers D, T, D, N, then switch. Now in WRECK ROOM. In car is first aid box with coins. Inside bus for Shelter, use coins and back on ledge. Pull tree lever and speak to Deathclaw. Punch it off ledge, look over edge and take 'steps' to THE FOREST. Search Deathclaw body for holo; in corner of steam pond is table with SHACK KEY; inside boat/bus is toolbox with HAMMER and in boat an Easter Pom in crate [get in bus by dropping from roof]; up from bus is car and footlocker with TURPS + 4 BLOOD PACKS; small pool has Easter Pom by skeleton; see locked white fence with hunting shack and molerats; Tiger Substation has locked door - to blow it open read PC info and need FIRE NOZZLE, DETERGENT [both easy finds], TURPS, BLOOD PACKS, HAMMER [in forest], ABRAXO [tucked behind toilet in cubicle]. Go to locked door and get text box with a few choices - take 'hammer on bottom right corner' and then go to firehose box pipe to get text box. Door blows open, enter to find PC to 'unlock storage prototype' to get BENGAL RIFLE + FENCE KEY. Unlock white fence and Hunting Shack to find .32 ammo for your Bengal Rifle, an SRAM unit, Construction Machine and Very Easy safe. Nearby PC says you need orange fungi and protein to create The Door liquid to escape dream world. Go outside and massacre molerats to pick up 2 Alpha Protein Packs [all I found] and at far end of enclosure at cliff wall are orange fungi which you gather. Back to Shack to Construct Machine and place SRAM unit, orange fungus and 2 alpha proteins into Component Bin, hit switch and The Door liquid drops down into left side crate, not in Component Bin. I found protein packs left in Component Bin after Door produced so maybe you don't need them, but it worked anyway so no harm. Drink The Door liquid and go to sleep and you awaken back in the real world, you have escaped. Note says that if use Rifle while exploring you will get info for items to put into Construct Bin to produce things like Scatter Grenades. I found 2 Easter Pomegranates, without seriously searching, but didn't find the other 3. Anyways, pick up your gear from the footlocker, load up your new Bengal Rifle and go and face the Wastelands because you are DONE :smile:

ALTON IL [Followers not supported] - Voice acted - once you reach airport and board airplane you cannot return to Wasteland

Will detail main storyline that returns you to the Wasteland - start by going to Rivet City and near its ramp is workmen barriers and manhole to Dulles Airport - enter to a locked door but key is on table in nearby room. Linear to room where switch is on far wall beside wall light and it lowers ladder back at start to enter airport. Linear and cutscenes. Released from cell go to 2nd floor for stuff [left of bedroom past rubble] and check terminal then speak to Michael + follow to Underground. To fit conductors is simple, follow marker to manhole then in tunnels linear for cables with sparks + conductors. Enter Railway and go down, when choice of 2 routes go where see rail carriage and go left to tents or right to flooded boiler room area for side quest - you need 2 wonderglue, scrap + lead pipe for boiler [in flooded area follow pipes and go underwater to chamber]. Exit Railway by escalators and meet Frank [side quest failed as he wouldn't speak to me to finish it]. Anyway, Hartrick gives info to reach New Godfrey, where also side quests, but main story takes you to clear out Old Godfrey of muties + then find prisoner [map marked]. Then choice of fight for Underground or Plague, I chose Plague, and you enter Vault 59 [if you fight for Underground you escape cell by picking up knife from table then pickpocket gate guard who then opens gate and is easy kill, then you escape vault somehow, so replay value but seems to be sabotage Plague water/stores going by Underground convo]. As double agent for Plague I sabotaged Underground food [storeroom is at cafe and vial goes in red box] and water [same place as boiler quest and vial goes in pipe on only other machine in chamber]. Deactivate turrets last using Hartrick key found on table in his tent - start at entry to Underground and 1st left is a locked door and beside it a room with PC, deactivate then back to V59. Map marked to bunker for C4 thru Deathclaw [them again !]. Reach area with 2 doors, one with Exit sign that has locked ladder but key on table, other door you go upstairs and tucked in a corner is C4 explosives. Reward for this is +10% rad resist and +25% Deathclaw damage + unique Raider shotgun. Back to V59 to its Undercroft [down from cafe] and destroy Underground, then to New Godfrey with Stephen to meet Robert and get his truck [fuel cell in Houck residence at Hop Hollow Farm. Go inside house to find garage door to get cell]. Return to drive truck home to the Wasteland. Truck parked at map marker near Ravens Rock for return trips as a lot to do with exploring houses and doing side quests like 'FIND GODFREY' from Linda in V59. His body is in a marked metro manhole where there is a flooded area. Go into water and when reach blockage go underwater to emerge at other spot and Godfrey body with key for easy exit to Alton and unique 10mm pistol reward. When chose Plague route I lost access to other side quests on Underground side tho tried one to find GOLD CHAIN in Hop Hollow cornfields - stood over the marked area but nothing - think I missed something, maybe a shovel ? Excellent DLC, ridiculous to call it a mod as so much work has gone into its creation and so much more I have to return to complete, with even replay value to do Underground route and its side quests. This is a terrific 'mod', imo one of the best out there. Definitely return to Alton but one main storyline is DONE :smile:

SHADOWS AND DUST VOL I [Followers supported]

Go to Nuka Cola plant near Andale and find body with note under a vending machine to go uphill to buildings where find metal mailbox and blue door. Enter to fight raiders, note on table saying downstairs is locked door [it's entry to small ant colony]. Short mod. DONE :smile:

SHADOWS AND DUST VOL II [Followers caused crash when trying Ernst but OK with Rerev]

Kick broadsheet anywhere to go to Mr Handy Store at Foggy Bottom metro in Dupont West to find receipt to Townsend Assoc. in briefcase. Enter Townsend and find area with Parking Doors to enter to watch Rerev and Lincolnite battle and pick up railway rifles, +20 carry satchel and shishkebabs. At Lincolnite end go thru Shopping Door to Woodley Park Station and thru its tunnel to American U Hall to kill leader Abe Lincoln for his water chip for Vault 71 and unique Railway Candidate Rifle and Railway Rifle schematic on rubble near broken blue door near Weapon Box. Return to battle area and to Rerev end where door takes you left to Vault 71 and right to Georgetown Canal Residences. Go to Canal Residences to kill leader George Washington and take his Emancipator unique weapon and find nuke bomb upstairs. Go to Vault 71 if wish but pointless as never finished and bit of an anti-climax. A side-quest is the escape of Ernst - in Lincolnite area will find 5 holo in hard-to-find places [i only found holo 4 [box on shelf in room where Ernst manhole is] and 5 [with its key and directions, in American U office with a broken PC with holo under its table]. In utility tunnels go left and a room has 2 barrels to move to reveal Ernst hideaway, nearby is an average lock room and on shelf is Radaway ingredients for mixing; PC to read holo is in right side door once enter manhole, never found key for left side door; tarnished key for locked manhole is on nearby shelf; key to exit into Metro Central tunnel is bottom of ladder in toolbox; Trevallian's body in rad suit is at Arlington Cemetery South Metro, area where I believe the mixing vats for radaway are and I will maybe find later. Worth download for Rerev/Lincolnite and prob Ernst if able to find other holo to flesh out story - seem to be in boxes with red handprint but only found 2 and I felt looked well enough, but obviously not. Enjoyable mod even tho Ernst has me a bit confused, but missed 3 holo to tidy up storyline. DONE :smile:

TALL TALE [Companions OK]

Starts at Guy's shop at Canterbury Common [Cuppa Joe] and he sells you tale of a giant for 100 caps. Giant is in the triangle of Oasis, Hilltop Line and MDPL-21 Power Station [more towards Hilltop]. After kill giant you return to Guy and he will buy Deathclaw hands from you for 100 caps each. DONE :smile:

WORLD OF PAIN [Companions supported - 9 separate missions, not incl. side-quests. Fave mods of this awesome work would be Friendship Asylum and Taxidermist but all have good stories, quality and variety.

ZEUS - Begin at Milgram's Shack on a small hillock at Megaton perimeter with the key in Easy mailbox, enter and find key to Zeus' 1st place, tho aircrates around Wasteland have key - 1st Fort Detrick [ghouls], near Big Town; 2nd is Festinger's Chasm [mutants] near Corvega Factory; 3rd at Sperry's Quarry [radscorpion] near Dunwich; 4th at Fort Lewis [deathclaw] is accessed via a car tunnel in Takoma Park [see a Behemoth you are in right area] - reach Takoma via Vernon Sq E Metro; 5th Rosenhan's Brewery [mirelurk] is behind Dukov's Place; last is Zeus' Vault Storage [merc + robots] near Fort Constantine, west of Oasis. Need all 5 keys to get into Vault Storage. Prepare for tough fights - named creature has key for the reward box and each place is map marked [tho glitched one run-through and markers didn't show].

TAXIDERMIST - Start at Cooper's Hotel and get key from Raider to open The Taxidermist's room who gives you 2 side missions. On quest CHELK AND DOOMFIST you find them by entering fire station in Old Olney and going down hole in floor. To your right near a table is a dark area of rocks and that's entrance to Metro Hub system. Go in and when reach railtracks with heavy rad of green mist and mushrooms on your left, go that way and find our men + Scoped Sniper Rifle. In TALON WAREHOUSE mission only 'problem' may be Thorpe's dogtag. In Deathclaw area [these guys again] go up staircase and in ticket booth is Thorpe's body with tag. Do both of Taxidermist side missions and he will then buy as many turpentine as you find - read that 200 all at once gets special reward.

CRYSTAL CITY - Go down to your right, instead of left for Chelk, and see a door with 'Exit' sign and beside it is a large lit-up area that is an anthole leading to the City, a place of Deathclaws, treasure and Plasma Overcharged Pistol [Zeus also has this]. Return thru anthole and take door with 'Exit' to Olney.

GRAYDITCH QUEEN ANT - Head left at diner and follow road until see pylon that's fallen to link 2 buildings. Go up office building ruin and cross pylon to enter auto factory to fight queenie and her troops. Not much there but get Ant Pheromone which ends Angela vanilla side-quest in Rivet City.

BUREAU OF SPECIAL AFFAIRS - Was doing Mama Dolce Trail of Crumbs mod and this is across the courtyard - lucky me. A straight-up fight fest to kill leader and earn his unique Magnum.

FAIRFAX ABANDONED HOUSE- Near centre of Fairfax, left at intersection after pass Fairfax Metro. Just a small house unless I missed something.

FRIENDSHIP ASYLUM - Very linear as doors locked except one and keys found on main characters in mod. Problems ? Well . . . Couldn't even go into the building as blocked by rubble, ended up planting frag grenade to clear - joys of RTS and probably RTS that caused that bug in the first place; in main room the first big fight is seriously laggy/bugged but didn't crash - known problem with no solution; The Chief is seriously strong so be high level, bring plenty firepower, stims and companions as there are a few large-scale fights. Doing solo ? Have my doubts. Exit is through garage door and then walk thru ruined offices. Ended up with Vonda giving Capitol Research Building masterkey and her becoming a companion. Excellent mod with good storyline and serious fighting.

CAPITOL RESEARCH BUILDING - Vonda of Friendship gave a masterkey for Capitol Research so was able to access all areas without finding passwords but not a large rambling place anyway so should be OK would have thought. In Reactor Room find a unique Overcharged Plasma Pistol. Bit laggy in places.

BEASTLORD LAIR - Far west of map. Lots of fighting versus humans and beasts. Beastlord armour is Antagoniser design. All DONE :smile:

POINT LOOKOUT REBORN [Won't be surprised to know this is a POINT LOOKOUT MOD - Companions supported]

Enter Warehouse door beside House of Wares and find switch box at doorway to pram area to begin POWERING THE BOARDWALK quest, go to side of Cuppa Joe to find generator machine and fusebox on pillar at House of Wares. Follow markers to get 3 fuses, put in box and activate generator and power is restored. At back of Warehouse near blue truck find door that now works to access ROBOT AREA to repair robots to patrol, parts are there but need minimum 50 repair. Now go to Homestead Motel, try a door and activate RESTORING POWER quest. Bedroom doors all have no power but along a corridor is a small canteen area and a small open office behind counter area where is PC and key, and on counter by the cash register is another key. Check hotel doors and one opens and leads thru rubble downstairs to 2 locked doors. Find PC tucked behind a wall in a recess to open maintenance room, go in and find PC to open systems room and enable primary lighting, go downstairs and trip switch on wall to open room and repair generator [Repair 65, 3 tin cans, 2 fission battery, 3 scrap]. Return to PC upstairs and enable secondary lighting to gain access to hotel rooms and your rewards. Terrific mod that upgrades Point Lookout - and with map markers when needed. DONE :smile:

IN THE SHADOW OF THE SWAMP [POINT LOOKOUT MOD] [Three missions - companions OK on 1, iffy on 2 [not in scorpion cave], OK on 3]

1) DOCTOR - Go to bank and loan officer's desk where get key to motel room 1B which gives background [Tiger gun found in Quest 2 if wondering]. Off to Room 10 at motel [room has outside access with a locked metal mailbox] to see Autodoc and small safe with punga recipe book inside. Password for both is 405 - PC notes spoke of a BARGE captain not Tobar on Ferry that I initially spoke to. Left from pier is a half-sunk boat and on it is a party hat with 40 and a holo with letters from 5 kids. Same PC notes mention a lunchbox left at the bumper cars [only cars being at House of Wares] and one has lunchbox with Autodoc Access Key ! Use Autodoc and mission ends. As exit the room a screen message pops up giving key to outside mailbox. Reward is Autodoc and Room.

2) BIOLOGIST - Open mailbox to find doctor's note mentioning directions that far NW of map [virtually top corner of map] is biologist's house where box at door gives directions to Punga Scorpion Cave but no house key. In cave find giant punga and beside it a table with a small empty container you fill with Giant Punga Gas, various tables with notes + 3 research entry holos to gather and an area you can't enter because of poison gas. Find 2 footlockers, one with key to the other which contains biologist's house key. I found it a bit of a maze so used punga fruit to mark which routes I had searched. Return to open Bio House and inside is Superchem Lab and in bedside desk a note that the 3 'Research Entry' holos have the key for needed materials - punga gas, mutated punga fruit and poisonous punga fruit [mutie + poison are found exploring or at nearby Grower's Shack garden. Back to SuperChem and put them and Punga Gas inside component box to create Punga Antitoxin. Back to cave and drink it to enter gas chamber to find briefcase with Tiger Gun reward + motel room key 1M. Putting 20 x 10mm ammo + punga poison into Superchem creates poison bullets for Tiger gun. Killing queen punga scorpion and exiting chamber ends mission and you return to motel for Part 3 [dodging the Queen didn't end mission]

3) ANTHROPOLOGIST - [best if you first collect 12 pre-money and do Nadine vanilla Calvert Mansion quest for free ferry]. Use key from Biologist to enter motel room 1M to find 5 holos and safe with shack key. Swamp settlement is east of jet crash site which is close to Bio house, and you enter shack using key to find Care Pack on a table inviting you to Henry Clay Conference Hall north of Warrington Trainyard near 10Penny. At Clay Hall see his face and name on building wall, directly below that is a piece of rubble the SuperChem Lab in Pt Lookout needs to analyse [put in rubble and it spits out key for Wasteland Retailer, a report and rubble]. Luckily, Nadine gives free lifts in ferry so once analysed it's back to Wasteland to find Superchem retailer near Chryslus Building - look at Chrysler Car Painting on wall and go left and Superchem is nearby brownish building with green canopies. Inside there is a PC with the Caspian Challenge [see MISC USEFUL INFO above] but we need the PC to buy upgrade, but it has complicated instructions to work out how many SCB points you need. The 12 pre-money you gathered, step forward - place 3 in safe below terminal and put in code 058 to buy 8 points. Then repeat till reach 32 points which will buy you upgrade found at PC on opposite wall. This PC mentions you need Analysis Fluid - go to room at the back, open door to see average safe with 6 pre-money BUT, if you close the door while inside it reveals a wall shelf with Analysis Fluid! Analysis machine in SCB room doesn't work so it's return to Bio House, Pt Lookout, where machine auto updates when near it, follow easy instructions and insert Fluid Analysis and later the rubble, and find you need Mutie Punga, 5 Wild Punga, Turps, 2 Purified Water to make Sulfamic Acid. So it's back to Wasteland and when approach debris where you got rubble chunk it reveals a door. Upstairs, take notes of famous people dates. Go to room across strip of concrete floor and inside is PC on floor with 'Thoughts of Today' saying take difference between oldest birth [1777] and nearest death [1955]. Go to locked door and key in 3-number code 178 [which is the difference] and find briefcase and 6 notes in total to tidy up storyline. Pyramid of boxes holds exactly the same items btw. Then there is a nice little twist to get your gun reward as you exit the room. Overall a brill mod, well scripted with the 3 missions nicely linked, but imo slightly spoiled by unnecessary travel [could've given option of using SCB machine] and complicated SCB math work [me, useless at math ?] but these were minor frustrations in a classy work. DONE :smile:

A&AT COMPANY [Companions supported]

An enjoyable, different mod. Most important skills ? Speech, Patience + LOTS OF CAPS [20,000 ?] to persuade, wait for events and bribe - and also don't kill merchants of 10penny or do 10Penny Ghoul Quest or blow up Megaton. Go to ranch outside Big Town, unlock rear door and save boy then 10penny to his father Arne and help Anakin to install phone then to ranch to get mission at 10penny for amp - Lydia M has it [reward is 1000]. Ranch and job to connect phone bundles at building near Springvale [wrench on floor, voltage switch on wall near entry] where meet Johnny from Big Town. Use phone for 10penny Shakes for 5 bubblegum mission [Lydia M at 10penny has 3 and Moira at Craterside, Megaton, has 2 (all steal) + 1 at Lucy West in Megaton, also found exploring, particularly if have DC Interior mod. Next is Moriarity saloon where you get conned 500 by Paul [room inside saloon] before Moriarity allows phone [max cost 750 caps]. Every few days phone 10penny Shakes who gives 3 more missions [beer, abraxo and spare parts from Robco]. Now you can phone Megaton and Gob wants you to take delivery to Shakes. Speak to Nova on later phone call and she wants a man [ahem], Ling is chosen but she needs Queen Ant Pheromone [Corvega factory also Rivet City Market female trader next to Bannon's Potomac Attire] and you must phone her - surprise, connection is dead. Speak to Arne then telephone building outside Springvale again to find raiders have taken over. Fight and same repair as last time [hope kept your wrench, I didn't] and then phone Nova who tells you Moriarity, conman Paul and Anakin are double-crossing Arne [no!!!]. You also have to return to Ling who gives sexy lingerie to Nova as a gift but it's all an anti-climax with them and the relationship suddenly ends with no real explanation. Tell Arne about double-cross then interrogate main mod characters [like Shakes] and eventually you can buy out Anakin's company share for huge 10,000 caps and become partner and Anakin will tell you about Moriarity and that conman Paul is at Paradise Falls Slaver Barracks and he will repay some money. As a partner your first job is to hook up Big Town but Anakin won't install, however remember Johnny you met in Bundle Building ? He is in BT [apt abbreviation] in town hall and will fit phone for max 500 caps. Speak to boss of BT, Eve [in town hall], who will allow phone if you can gather items and lend her money to set up a shop - stim, radaway, radx, 20 nuka, 2 whiskey, 5 beer, 1 glass pitcher, 2 coffee mugs, 2 instamash, 5 pork n beans, 2 noodles, 2 forks, 1 butter knife, 2 abraxo, 3 turps, 1 wonderglue, 1 finance clipboard, 1 pencil [some items like fin. clipboard are in town hall]. She repays money you loaned over time. Chat to Arne who asks for 5000 caps for items and says you can keep phone money you collect and that's the company done he says - but confusingly it's not - he now wants posters printed. Best speak to Anakin who map-marks Hubris Comics where print press is [can speak to Johnny but he won't map-mark]. Go to Hubris and elevator to print section [find large Cpt Cosmos poster on corridor wall and it's nearby]. You emerge upper level where PC in front of you gets activated, then downstairs and go along corridor to find PC to open Foreman Room then past pitch machines and upstairs to where Mad Wes is and there's Average PC with info on how to print poster. Then downstairs to conveyor belt coming from wall to find eight A&AT posters. Back to Arne who tells you how to put them up at phone sites and apart from daily collection of phone money you are DONE :smile:

TIES THAT BIND [Companions are supported and Amanda goes everywhere in main mission - incl V101 and Ravens Rock prisons, so don't forget her]

Can't praise this mod highly enough as it seamlessly explains your character's early life before V101 and gives you a sister [Amanda] who is a fighter as well. Writing is top-notch as it makes you really care about your character and Amanda and the background to your mum and dad is believable, and as it follows main mission you can keep it on for future characters. Was going to put in minor crits but seemed unworthy so will only say to keep checking her 'Any Thoughts' as sometimes she starts explaining things but other times you have to ask. Anyways, if you have Wasteland Explorer mod, begin from birth scene in V101 and at 10th birthday Amanda hands you Patches her teddy-bear - KEEP HIM. On your run to escape from Vault 101 you need to free Amanda from glass-walled storage room in area where 2 young dwellers argue about escaping. Exit Vault 101 and Amanda is captured by slavers from Paradise Falls [500 caps to enter Paradise and 200 caps to free sister when you speak to Wilk at slave pens entrance near roasting brahmin]. Tick along with snippets of info from Amanda and at cutscene where dad is killed in Jefferson Memorial [wonder how Col. Autumn escapes ?], speak to traumatised sis, cos if you don't she may not follow into tunnels with Dr Li to reach the Citadel. Tick along with more info from Amanda to Ravens Rock - exit your prison to Meet the President and go right and Amanda is in cell 6. She then leads you to recover dad's body, so don't let her out of your sight. When recommence Meet the President mission you are close to area where him and Bobblehead are. Escape from Rock, meet Fawkes, and speak to Amanda about burying dad. You jump to place near Rivet City to bury dad and find out more background on mum and dad and their early days. Head off to their old shack and mum's burial site and leave Patches in the baby pram as a remembrance. Amanda and you return to Citadel and Project Purity where follow Liberty Prime to take back Jefferson Memorial - ah, what an ending ! Won't say what it is, why spoil it as there's nothing left needing to know for walkthru. Excellent job - DONE :smile:

RAILWAY EXPRESS [Companions are supported]

First-time mod but good job. Shack is at left on hilltop when look at ice-cream man of Paradise. Get Explosive Railway Rifle. Dog collar is on BBQ at tent. DONE :smile:

VAULT 101 REVISITED [Mixed bag for companions as only supported for the very first mission to escort to Rivet City] - voice acted

One month in-game after Waters of Life vanilla quest Suzie finds you to say V101 needs help to escort doc from Rivet City, a timed mission of 5 days to get them to V101 but very easy to complete, no fast travel allowed for this mission.They go to V101 clinic and best part company with companions at this point. Wait one day and Gomez asks you to find Amata in Canterbury Commons. Alice is companion now. Find dead Jack [note] near blue car outside Canterbury, in rubble is his cache. To find compound go to Antagoniser Lair and head NE using pipboy. Walk up to main gate and ask to enter - poor storyline bit that always niggles, not believable at all ! On breakout go far end of corridor to room where Amata is and kill officer, don't free her as clear area first. One antidote on this level is in officer room in safe behind skewed wall picture. Next area, clear Tower Block first and then go to Computer room even tho it's red colour it's open. Agree to Blue Queen plan, activate self-destruct and at locker at doorway is more antidote. At door that's blocked look at terminal's work notes and see about loose vents, one which is at Tower lower level you came in at. Linear route thru vent to reach upper room with PC to speak to Queen and siren is on left wall beside PC. Fight free and run to marker on map to watch compound's destruction then take Amata to V101; Alice has left you. A mission to get water chip arrives so go to Vault Tec HQ. Take stims/grenades/radx/radaway. When you enter, ahead is a blocked passage, head towards it to get info message on screen. Find a pipboy on body and when you get locked in with Pirate's body [take letter about quest] go into poison pipe to reach a room with Terminal which lets you purge pipe poison [switch is in maintenance tunnel at bottom of ladder]; trap with rad poison, move barrel to reveal manhole; laser lights blocking doorway disabled by grenade. Get chip and back to Stanley and mention the pipboy to get +10 on action points. Map travel to Pirate's quest to rescue sister named Trouble and you meet his ghost. Choice of 2 endings but same +10 carry reward. Take stims as very large bears with lots of hit points no matter what ending you choose. Takes 1000 gold to get Trouble as business partner in Canterbury Commons, unfortunately I have RTS and that over-rides whatever is supposed to happen and I got no chat about profits - sheesh ! My favourite mod as integrates seamlessly with game. DONE :smile:

OLD WORLD SECRETS [No companions after the DC Offices, well, maybe, but it kinda gets buggy from then on so would leave them behind]

Body at Megaton perimeter beside molerats. Nick's shack is on hill behind Arefu and across from Restoration Pier. Bank is Mason District not Lincoln Savings which is next door. At NW Seneca the entry is a manhole inside a trash bin behind the building you want to enter. At DC Offices 3 keys are on 1st level [toilet booth suitcase; in corridor where room has no door is suitcase and at end of that corridor look behind upturned chairs etc for body/suitcase] then upstairs in toilet booth is last suitcase key and opposite that toilet is Freelander's office whose PC gives you data. At MDPL facility beside Sat. array [all map marked] go inside and ID is beside small light and body, however really glitchy and had to reload a few times before ID appeared. Go to right at billiard area and key for Storage is on table in Nuka Vending room. The storage ID is in main office heading left. Back to glitchville as the guy at the bomb didn't appear. After reloads he did once. I forgot to save, went to last bit and was killed and he hasn't appeared again. Last bit is reward - at Old Farm - it's in hollowed rock inside broken silo. Brill mod, pity about the bugginess, save often. DONE :smile:

TECH REVOLUTION [Companions are OK]

Get no clues to map locations once reach building to search, so I personally found it a grind. However, Map 1 is given, map 2 in Deathclaw Sanctuary at farthest part from entry where you see metal ladders going up to flat area; map 3 in abandoned shack at Clifftop Shacks, dodge mutie as ridiculous hit points and map is in back wall cabinet; map 4 is during main mission at Vault 87 - on way to Geck, trip over a dead Enclave with map; map 5 in Rivet City wooden wardrobe top of bridge tower where guards sleep; map 6 Rep. of Dave Men's Quarters footlocker; map 7 in Dunwich Building but never found it after three attempts - the place is too big and too many places for a little map to be hidden. I get easily lost at best of times so probably shouldn't have tried this mod but I . . . . . . . . . FAIL

THE REFUGE [Companions are supported]

Lisa mission wants her husband + son found, straightforward hunt following markers, with a note to find in Rep of Dave's Men's Quarters in Bob's footlocker - enjoyable. Jocelyn mission is largest and begins at a manhole outside L'Enfant Metro entrance; gate key is upstairs in ticket booth, gate opened but it was electric which killed me. Reload I jumped down from booth level then on return stack barrels using the Feng Shui mod to use as staircase - a side quest to Jocelyn is you speak to Dr Barrows about holo but like others it failed on me. Darren mission needs finished before Katya would end hers - will give quest but no end until Darren says speak to her. Sarn Hunter's Roost u leave Marigold Metro, go left and uphill past barriers, Roost on your right. At Mason District it points to Lincoln Savings, enter and with me it points to go out again. Clues came with mod but bits that were supposed to be there weren't, so seems like my bank is bugged out. With high speech it even says you have done initial quest! Interesting mod but won't do again as just too buggy. DONE :smile:

A NOTE EASILY MISSED [No companions inside Tiger Facility]

Gary's ruined house has a safe that has key to facility and is in Minefield opposite Gibson's house [compared mod map roads with World Map]; microchamber key in truck outside Corvega so no need to enter factory. Well written, easy to recommend mod. DONE :smile:

PROJECT GENESIS [No companions from Gene-Tec entry]

Near Jury St Metro is Werner Hauss home's locked vault in the basement, switch is on pool table below the hula girl. Vault has key to nearby O'Neill home and in that basement is fission for generator then a switch on the 2nd machine of a group opens wall panel with PC and direction to Gene Tech. At G-Tech need fuse to help soldiers - up 3 stairs in collapsed ceiling area. Find body and on table is fuse [like pilot light]. Must follow soldiers from then on until they open maintenance for you before they leave. Get to Cryo Lab A and thaw out scientists [awesome cutscene here] + soldiers at Lab B then it's off to meet them at the side door to the right of main entrance on west side of Nuka Cola factory - kill people in cutscene. Straightforward until you reach inventive test section - 3rd one has fire + barrels but go underwater + look left to see passage and you exit at enjoyable test XVII [relax, you don't actually do 17] then last test with robots you can over-ride on PC and end up in Bishop's room that you exit by activating bedroom coffee machine to open panel in yellow pod room to escape and rest is straightforward. Awesome mod. DONE :smile:

DR LESKO'S RESEARCH [Companions are supported, except in Section C]

A frustrating mod of highs and lows - The low - puzzles are far too vague and hints [dictionary definition: helpful suggestion] are nearly useless - Part One gives no clue at all on where to look for Giant Ant Eggs and hint says 'only 2 locations in Wasteland', but the Wastes are huge ! Part Two and the door code needs gamer to know the exact date War began and I have never found any info on exact date only the year, however the hint does give exact date but that defeats purpose of puzzle, and the hint for finding the book in apartment is hilarious. Picture it, you've searched for a good few minutes getting nowhere and need a hint, which says - 'search very carefully and it's apparent' - um, no, if it was I wouldn't be looking for a hint. The high - very intense battles against lots of enemies at once, well written and scripted.

1) GIANT ANT EGGS. Return to Grayditch after 'Those' and Lesko, in his shack, asks you to get 5 giant ant eggs. By utter sheer luck I had been at Corvega Factory for 'Note Easily Missed' beforehand and Queen ant + giant ant eggs are there. Might have searched forever otherwise, but don't know where other Giant Ant is.

2) INSECT GENOME BOOK. Look initially in Arlington Library Reference Section, door is upstairs in 2nd lobby - no book but you free Scribe Thomas with jail key [in same room], need his notebook in footlocker on same level, different room, and desk at nuka vending has a holo about envelope in Library of Congress for Congresswoman Corby, who has the book. SAVE as the info Thomas gives is not repeated and it doesn't pause so probably need to reload !! Thomas gives crucial info on Corby [birth + address] and the Library Annex; also speak to Scribe Yearling about Library Annex and to get reward for saving Thomas. Corby's apartment block has green canopies and is near bottom of World Map midway between Nuka Plant and DC Toll [straight line west from Toll] , it has phone entry but can't get in. So it's off to Seward Sq NW. Look at Capitol Building East Entry door and go left as far as you can and hidden by a large mound of rubble is a door to enter linear Congress Library Annex - battle upstairs to the top and inside curtained room is a Hard safe which contains envelope to deliver to Corby. Go to Corby's Apt and speak to phone entry and should now be text in dialogue box to enter. Corby apartment code is 102338 [her birth date was October (month 10) 23, 2038 - 39 years to the day before the war of October 23, 2077]. Being UK I would put day/month/year but this mod, set in USA, does month/day/year. In apartment the workbench room Easy PC activates power/non-essential robot. In the living-room [Hard PC] look at dining-room door and to left side is a desk with 2 vases and nearby picture on wall. Position yourself so can see vase and picture on wall and when you activate vase the pic moves down to reveal Hard safe. Open for book and return to Lesko.

3) FEV STRAIN. To do this, prepare with Rad items, as heavy rad area for quite a while, and a Fission Battery [in case you forget to pick up] and you will need to go through Little Lamplight to V87 so a bit of the main mission is needed [didn't try the high rad entry area of V87 which normally kills]. The V87 Section C is a blast - hope you got lots of ammo ! - and balances out the ghastly puzzles of Genome section. Anyways - Doc gives you Decrypter and says he needs FEV strain AM-1002-14a and mentions info is on a well-hidden computer system at Vault-Tec HQ. So, off to V-Tec and go upstairs and thru Corporate Offices and head up to reach Admin Section. When find office with Vault-Tec banner go to left-side back office and find a switch under curved desk [this may be part of 'Agatha's Song' FO3 quest as something opens but doesn't affect this mod] and beside it a system terminal [which you do need] where install Decrypter to enable to read notes on PC mentioning a basement door - forgot to write down what Repair for Decrypter installation and Science for Terminal you need [my Repair is max but can only be Average Science as I am level 55]. Leave V-Tec and go to nearby Vernon Sq Nth Metro and thru 1st door on left and get key off raider body to open downstairs locked door to enter electrified tunnel. Criss-cross the rail tracks by finding rubble over the lines and head left [going right leads to a train] to find power room where see a ladder on corner wall near PC that leads to a utility tunnel and a room where can adjust power levels to Red 130kv, Blue 50kv, White 150kv and that brings Green down to 50kv. Return via utility/power room to the now non-electric track and walk down to pass the train, keeping right, to get to Vault-Tec door to head upstairs and walk corridor to reach right-hand door near blocked stairs and enter room, then another room for an easily-spotted Hard wall safe and V87 keys. Now it's off to Little Lamplight to V87 to head to the Living Quarters. Reach upper level with hanging gore bags, cross gangway and go right and upstairs, and opposite med room + Average safe are stairs leading down to Level 2a Labs [if you arrive at Test Lab door you missed stairs but you are close]. Relatively linear on 2a and you arrive in area that has door to Section C and get to meet Simon the Ghoul [DO NOT KILL] who opens said door. It's linear and you will arrive at a flooded green area - one room has Auto Dispenser machine and opposite is room with power-less PC that needs Fission Battery you carried. Once working, click on section 'AM' then strain '1002-14a' and exit to go to Auto Dispenser room and pick up the FEV strain. A long walk back thru V87 / Lamplight to reach Wasteland then Grayditch and Dr Lesko for reward. DONE :smile:

THE INSTITUTE [No companions, but not needed as detective work with only brief battles at end]

Recommend this as something different, voiced as well which is nice - start with body in rad suit [take suit] outside Chryslus building. Go to Vault 87 rad entrance which is now institute, look right while heading down tunnel to vault. The key points are Terry's PC and holo under bed in Quarters. Choice of 2 endings. DONE :smile:

TRAIL OF CRUMBS [11 safes to find. Very good end rewards. Companions are supported]. Brill mod if you are going for exploring

Go behind Chryslus building and kill Bubba the Merc for instructions to go to CORVEGA FACTORY and keep going up when you reach back of factory [with me it's area with queen ant]. Safe is found in an upstairs office with raider/wastelander bodies. Next is LOB INSTITUTE and you go to your right at entrance and go downstairs to reach Archives offices and safe easily found [tbh I forgot to write directions but it's straightforward. Next to RED RACER FACTORY and thru factory floor to reach CEO offices [lit-up door near body], search and find room where you meet The Surgeon and the safe is on a shelf beside another safe that's on the floor. Next CLIFFTOP CAVERNS a raider outpost. Linear, and when reach fork take the right tunnel to hit dead end with a tent with 3 safes on floor, one is ours. Next WHEATON ARMOURY, enter and follow the doors with rad signs to reach radiated factory floor. Go to the bottom, go along corridor that has a turret and you are there - our safe is left side room on a shelf near door. There's a terminal to disable turret in our room and the other room has oodles of weapons and armour - but very hard lock. Next MAMA DOLCE FOOD DISTRIBUTION, entry is farthest left door. Go in and go straight thru first factory floor and then the second floor to climb metal stairway to metal room where head left to go along office corridor and go down 2 flights of stairs to bottom floor where hole leads to cavern and behind tables that you jump over are 3 safes, top one is ours. Then it's ROOSEVELT ACAD. OF ARTS building to go down to Maintenance + Evac Tunnel where go right, left and right immediately you enter, walk a short passage and turn left [don't go downstairs] and our safe is on shelf. Then CHRYSLUS BUILDING entry where straight ahead is locked door to basement. Go down following arrow markers on pipboy and in room our safe is easily seen. Then it's Talon's FORT BANNISTER. At sandbag fortifications there are stairs downward, go in and head for passage to your right. It's linear until enter Commanding Officer's Quarters where you go right to pass a turret terminal to enter area and if look down will see 2 safes in area below. Then CAPITOL BUILDING which is straightforward. All paths lead to room with large Talon and Mutie Behemoth battle. Safe is at back of that room on a shelf. Then HIDDEN BUNKER at Fort Constantine. See C.O. Quarters ranch and to the right at the cliff-face is a manhole. Enter to complete the Trail and reward is selection of weapons, chems and ammo and +50 Carry, +1 Endurance and +5 Critical. Exit by ladder on the wall near table with wine. DONE :smile:

Edited by tse60

DR LESKO'S MIOD. Setting recommended powers for Red LIne (130), Blue (50) and White (150) nothing changes. My character is still shocked by the electricity. What is wrong? Should I do something else? What about the Green Line terminal?

• 2 months later...

Hi!

Thanks a lot for this "short" and very interesting topic. I have discovered and tested lots of MODs by you... and i continue, in some kind addicted, now. :-D

Some worked, some others bugged or didn't work at all, probably because of my old machine, but i enjoy testing all MODs.

The walkthroughs that you wrote helped me a lot too, sometimes, even if i tried to resolve puzzles by myself.

So, thanks again for the long time passed to type this text, going to the essential. ;-)

Cheers,

Fred.

DR LESKO'S MIOD. Setting recommended powers for Red LIne (130), Blue (50) and White (150) nothing changes. My character is still shocked by the electricity. What is wrong? Should I do something else? What about the Green Line terminal?

Good lord, can you edit your other post where all you typed is "I" and delete ALL of the quoted stuff?

People have to scroll for miles

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I would recommend The Shadow of the Swamp mod, most especially the Tiger Caspian gun, fireball shotgun, for the cooking minigame.

That gun on humanoids would make same cooked items, so I reserve the gun EXCLUSIVELY for animals~ I dont do cannibalism. OTOH, consider the amount of interests on human consumption, I think lots of players would have opposite strategy to mine.

Anyway, I do that gun on humanoids in order to make for cooked ghoul ghiblets and abomination. After that, the rest? Sell to merchants ASAP.

I use it as cooking ready-to-eat fresh-cooked meals on animals, thus

1. Ants and Radscorpions make for both burnt meats and cooked arthropod.

2. Deathclaw make for cooked Abominations. :nice:

3. I think, not sure, mole rats make for both cooked flank and cooked leg.

Very nice minigame~ I return to FNV and I keep looking around for tool to do the same thing. No such luck~

--------------------

On Point Look Out Reborn

Coupling it with Gary Tribe in PLO mod. That would make the wild swamp VERY active and lively. And while this mod ruin the punga harvesting action of Shadow swamp mod, thus unable to get two more items for THAT quest, you can go around that minor fault.

The 2 quest in PLO was mentioned by OP. There's another quest: go to northern area north of the wrecked truck there's a smuggler camp HQ. Inside there's a clue lead to a smuggler camp in the south need reinforcement. Go to near the beach monument there's a walled encampment with one named char. Help him repel attacks. He said thanks and call for more friend. in total, 2 male merchants and a female one, make for a smallish market, which is the reward of this quest.

The PL player house of this mod is nearby a concentration of Garys, so expect a fight~ The tribal cave near the smuggler HQ has tribals who are neutral. The cave-well near the cathedral... There's more of PLO reborn, but I tired of Fallout 3 and return to FNV/TTW. So havent found more

-----------------

Newest mod: Fish Hunter Village

This mod make for real bad tittle. It's not immediately obvious that is a Point Look out mod.

Total exploration. The southwest corner of the map, being sea, is built up to be a water village, lots of underwater exploration WITHOUT map marker, and quite a few smallish location of interest.

Protip: get the rebreather item in the village before doing full bore exploration. Get a pipboy mod to increase light level. You are going to comb every fogged area on the sea map to find location of interest which are NOT map marking even on Local map section. Pure eye game.

Also havent completed this mod, as I think there's at least two more areas to find, with one get locked by key. Get bored so I return to DC. Combing every inch of the sea is not my idea of gameplay~

Edited by laclongquan