My Little Anthro Ponies

Deleted2547005User

I hesitate to start this topic, I'd rather people not get excited over something that might not happen. My time is limited, and I may never finish this mod, despite how close I am, or, seem to be.

Shall we begin?

At the beginning of the year I started working on a MLP follower mod using the knowledge I learned from my failed attempts. After getting into the swing of things again I decided to expand it from just a simple follower mod to a more in depth companion system, allowing you to switch between characters and getting perks based who you had in the party. After a while, I decided that since the races were there, and the companions could wear any type of clothing, I would make the races playable. Then that became more complex itself.

How things start:

When the mod starts, and you are finished with the Chargen sequence, you'll be prompted with a message asking you what you want to do. You can become a pony right there, choose a follower, choose both, or choose none. The first option calls up the Race Menu forthwith. The second calls up the follower selection menu - it is separated out by race and sex for finding your desired pony easily. The third does both, first the race menu, then the follower menu. The last one just backs out while adding the master menu item to call the master menu, allowing you to change your race between ponies or back to human, choose a follower, or a second one after meeting the requirements, replace either follower if they've died, and choosing how you want your wings to be when applicable. The other three options will give you the master menu item as well.

The race side of things:

When you select a Pegasus or Alicorn pony, you'll be prompted after exiting the race menu on how you want your wings to be, folded or spread. You can change them at any time by selecting the master menu item. In Twilight's case, you'll be given a third option of not having wings at all. These pony races are designed to work like the vanilla races, their manes are hair, their eyes are eyes, etc. etc. They can wear any clothing, though mane and tail clipping is going to occur at times. The mod will determine who you have selected as a race and add the tail and wings if applicable to your inventory and force equip them, unable to be unequipped until you change race again.

The default body models will be nude, with an optional file - if I feel like taking the time, for which I have very little of - to give them undies. The body model is a very slightly UV modified Type 6 model provided by Izumiko and will work with any Type 3 or 6 clothing mod. There is more than one head, and all come from the Gmod models or are alterations I made to those models. Head shapes include: Regular mare - I call Twilight - Rarity's, Fluttershy's, Celestia's, Luna's, Chrysalis' - with pointed ears at the moment, Sunset Shimmer's and Faust's. The mouth is attached to the head, and the mouth slot is replaced by horns, while the rest of the head parts, eyes, teeth, and tongue work like the vanilla races.

The follower side of things:

When you select a pony form the list, they are activated and moved to the player. They will come with their own unplayable, unique armor and weapon that loads unique ammo. All are flagged as quest items and cannot be removed from them, except, as I found out yesterday, the ammo. The quest flag means nothing on ammo and it can be removed with a simple RemoveAllItems - which does not remove quest items. Every pony has a perk, all of them are designed to have positives and negatives. Only a few do not have any negatives. If your follower is a Pegasus or Alicorn, you can ask them through the Combat section of dialogue to fold or spread their wings. You can also ask them to switch them out for another pony, but only after having them for 72 game hours. At level 26, you can select the Friendship Is Magic perk, allowing you to select another follower, giving you two followers. Simply using the master menu item will bring up the option of selecting the second pony. When you fire a pony, they will return to a home in Westside, down the street from the Pawn Shop. In case you can't find it, there's a map marker. You can rehire them there, but deactivated ponies do not return to the home, but their stable where the player cannot physically get to.

I leave you with my changelog for now:

1.0b
-Initial Test Release.

1.01b
-Fixed Celestia, Molestia, Luna, and Ditzy Do's bugged wings when playing as one of those four's race. Their code was commented out, preventing the player from having wings entirely.

1.02b
-Fixed Rarity's Firing Dialogue. Lyra's Dialogue was copied for all of the ponies and edited to fit each pony. The Player Prompt was never deleted for Rarity, leaving the duplicate prompt.
-Fixed the Ponies not leveling with the player. They are leveled using this format: Alicorns - including Twilight - start at 10 and have a max of 50, leveling at 1.25x of the player. Unicorns start at 9 and have a max of 35, leveling at 0.75x of the player. Sunset Shimmer and Trixie start at 9 and have a max of 40 leveling at 1x of the player. Pegasus start at 6 and have a max of 25, leveling at 1x of the player. Earth Ponies start at 3 and have a max of 30, leveling at 0.75x of the player.

1.03b
-Uncommented code that prevented Chrysalis from being selected when switching or choosing a pony follower.
-Fixed Molestia's dialogue, she was speaking the wrong line when asking her to switch between Melee and Ranged.
-Fixed Pinkie Pie's Firing Dialogue. Lyra's Dialogue was copied for all of the ponies and edited to fit each pony. The Player Prompt was never deleted for Pinkie Pie, leaving the duplicate prompt.
-Fixed Scripts and Messages to allow the player to switch between Molestia and Celestia directly, previously the player had to switch to a different pony before switching to the desired mare.

2.0b
-Gave everypony their own leave and death messages.
-Fixed variable names on the follower script and added the required ones. Due to how the Companion Wheel was coded, any follower in New Vegas is forced to use certain names for the variables that decide how the follower follows, fights, waits, and uses weapons. Otherwise, the Companion Wheel code - and some Teammate code - will not register the proper values for dialogue.
-Updated all of the dialogue code and conditions to reflect the vanilla followers so the Companion Wheel will work correctly.
-Removed a lot of unnecessary code from the switching script.
-Removed a lot of unnecessary code from dialogue scripts.
-Removed Goodbye topic from the followers, set goodbye flag on Wait Here topic.
-Moved dialogue to fold and spread wings into the combat section of dialogue.
-Fixed Princess Celestia's dialogue when asking her to follow closely, her line of dialogue was never added, so the place holder Princesscelestia would be said.
-Fixed the factions on the ponies, they are all now in the PonyFaction and DontTazeMeBroFaction, and removed from the PlayerFaction.
-Fixed conditions on the follow packages as part of the update for the Companion Wheel.
-Fixed Message Box Conditions so the player wouldn't be able to reselect Molestia or Celestia when trying to switch them when in the party.
-Standardized naming convention in the plugin.
-Removed unused records.
-Fixed Twilight and Luna accumulating wings in their inventory.
-Fixed Luna and Twilight not starting conversation with the player after changing them into their other version.
-Fixed Luna's wing switching script, it would only switch between Little Luna's wing set, regardless of what version of Luna the player had.
-Restructered the mod's scripts. Moved activation and variable setting code from PonyFollowerSwitchingQuestScript to GenericPonyFollowerScript to reduce the amount of code used. Changed PonyFollowersQuestScript to PonyFollowerSwitchingQuestScript and moved all follower specific variables and code to a new script using the old name. Moved Dialogue from PonyFollowerSwitchingQuest to PonyFollowersQuest and attached the new script to it.
-Reduced the number of items in the follower home so not to overpower the player. Also redid the lighting to beautify the home.
-Added Map Marker for the Follower Home.
-Added code to make the follower draw their weapon when the player does, only if they are not in combat.
-Fixed the followers not leaving after seven days. The code was in their object script, which does not run when the object in question is not in the currently loaded cells.
-Added a check so the wing selection message does not appear in the middle of Doc Mitchel's dialogue if the player selects a Pegasus or Alicorn in the game's Chargen sequence. It appears after the Doc helps the player out of bed, but before having to use the Viger-Tester.
-Added a choice for Twilight to select neither wing set to play as Unicorn Twilight. The Wing Selection Item will remain in the player's inventory to change between Alicorn and Unicorn Twilight.
-Added checks to prevent the player from creating cascading message boxes of Wing Selection, Follower Switching, and Race Menu. Moved everything into one item to get around the player being able to select all three items in MenuMode.
-Fixed the master item being added to the player's inventory after entering the Race Menu through any other mod except this one.
-Made the initial message do something when you select any of the options instead of the first and last.
-Set Level on the Friendship Is Magic perk to 18.
-Moved the switching Topic up in the list of dialogue choices, it's just above the firing/hiring dialogue.
-Added code to disable and move dead ponies to their home marker and deactivate the slot they were activated in.
-Added option to Master Pony Item to replace any dead followers.
-Fixed the wings appearing on wrong pony race during Race selection, all wings are unequipped when the player goes into the race menu. If the same race is selected, the correct wings will be equiped again.
-Added the Solid Sparkle preset for Twilight for easier access.
-Made the mod add the Friendship Is Magic perk to a maxed level player.
-Added conditions to prevent the player from summoning a pony follower of the same race as the player.
-Increased the ponies base health using this format: Alicorns start off with 175, Unicorns start off with 140, Pegasus start off with 115, and Earth Ponies start off with 215.
-Added buffs to the ponies. Alicorns have +15 Energy Weapons and Guns, +5 Critical Chance, and +40 Carry Weight; Unicorns have +15 Energy Weapons, +5 Critical Chance, and +30 Carry Weight; Pegasus have +15 Guns and Explosives, +10 Critical Chance, and +20 Carry Weight; Earth Ponies have +15 Melee Weapons and Unarmed, +5 Damage Resistance, and +50 Carry Weight.
-Added Classes for the ponies. Alicorns are tagged with Guns, Energy Weapons, and Speech; Unicorns are tagged Energy Weapons, Medicine, and Science; Pegasus are tagged with Guns, Explosives, and Repair; Earth Ponies are tagged with Melee Weapons, Unarmed, and Survival. Special skills are as follows: Alicorn 5,8,6,8,6,7,5; Unicorn; 5,9,6,5,8,7,5 Pegasus; 4,6,8,6,5,9,7 Earth Pony 9,4,9,7,4,7,5.

2.1b
-Fixed a bug in which Princess Celestia or Molestia were unselectable after switching them out of the party.
-Fixed a bug where the player can gain a third follower by killing their first follower when there are two in the party. Pony's death script was unnecessarily setting iPonyFollowersPlayerHas back one integer.
-Added a unique weapon to everypony. There are quest items, and load quest item ammo that cannot be lost or taken from them.

2.2b
-Fixed a bug in which the ponies would get stuck using Melee Weapons because of incorrect setting of their Combat Style when asking them to use Ranged Weapons again.

3.0b

-Fixed the normal map on Chrysalis' horn. It was super shiny.
-Added code to force the ponies to holster their weapons when told to wait.
-Removed unused records. Again.

-Created Princess Molestia's and Queen Chrysalis's oufits. Molestia's is a mashup of vanilla armor, Chrysalis' is a scratch made outfit.

-Changed Level for Freindship Is Magic perk to 26.

Still working on version 3.0b

Also, here are the perks so far:

Princess Molestia - Birthday Suit - Whenever you wander the wasteland with Princess Molestia while in your birthday suit, you'll receive a 50% melee and unarmed damage boost, and Molestia will join you in your streaking trek.

Princess Celestia - Mare of the Sun - The Sun Godess is here to help you. While outside and in the sun, you receive a +15 boost to your energy weapon and speech skills, but when inside, or at night, you lose -15 from your energy weapon and speech skills.

Princess Luna - Mare of the Moon - The Moon Godess is here to help you. While outside at night, or inside, your sneak skill receives a +15 boost and your critical chance increases by 10%, but when in the sun, you lose -15 from your sneak skill and your critical chance decreases by 10%.

Princess Twilight Sparkle - Neeerd! - Twilight Sparkle is smarter then you. Smarter than everyone really. When she is in the party, you'll receive 10% more experience, but you lose 1 skill point for level up. When you max out, you'll receive a 10% damage bonus.

Twilight Sparkle - Book Worm - Twilight is the best Equine Librarian in Equestria. For every skill book you carry, you receive a 1% damage and experience bonus up to a max of 10%.

Faust - The One - Faust is a god to all ponies. She is very powerful and she graciously extends it to you. You'll become immune to Radation, Critical Hits, Posion, and receive 10 Damage Resistance, but there's a catch. Periodically, an extremely tough team of Bad Company Mercenaries will attack you and Faust. Occasionally one of their legendary officers will join the battle.

Queen Chrysalis - Love Bug - Chrysalis is good at stealing love, especially from the opposite sex. You'll do 10% more damage to your opposite sex, but receive 10% more damage from others of your sex.

Surprise, Fiddlesticks - Power of Friendship - Any time your health gets below 10% during combat and only through combat, another pony from Equestria will be summoned forth to help until the end of battle. Be warned, if they die, they can never be selected as a follower.

Daring Do -

Rainbow Dash - 20% Cooler - Rainbow Dash is 20% more awesome than you. You'll receive a 20% boost to your speed while she is in your party, in fact, anyone in your party, pony or not, will receive a 20% speed boost. She's that cool.

Fluttershy - All Creatures Great and Small - Fluttershy is good with creatures, but not humans or ponies. When in your party, and not waiting, no creature of the Mojave will harm you, but humans will.

Ditzy Do - Muffins! - For the first visit to a campfire everyday, you'll receive 12 Muffins from Ditzy Do.

Sunset Shimmer -

Trixie Lulamoon - Show Pony - Trixie is the best show pony Equestria has to offer, because they don't want her. She's destructive, and she can use that to your advantage. When the cards are down, she'll summon a creature of varying size with her magic, but there's always that chance it'll do more damage than good.

Vinyl Scratch -

Rarity - Precious Gems - Rarity enjoys the finer things in life, so whenever she kills a human, they will have a chance of carrying a rare weapon or item.

Lyra Heartstings - Anthropology - Lyra is a little too interested in humans, way too interested. Whenever one of your limbs gets crippled, and she is in range, she will heal your crippled limbs with her magic.

Bon Bon - Survivalist Pony - Bon Bon grew up in the Colony, and she learned a lot from the survivalist community. Whenever you visit a campfire, reloading bench, and workbench, you get a temporary +10 boost to your survival, science, and repair skills, as long as you remain a neutral karma.

Octavia -

Applejack - Honesty - Applejack is the element of Honesty. The higher your Karma, the better your chance of avoiding critical hits from enemies, but the lower your Karma, the chance of receiving critical hits increases.

Pinkie Pie - Forth Wall - With Pinkie Pie around, things will be a little... odd. Random events will occur whenever she is around.

I should note, due to the complexity of Pinkie Pie and Faust's perks, mainly the random encounter scripting, they'll likely be dumped for more practical perks.

Edited by Kuroitsune

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice. I am intrigued by Pinkie Pie's as well as Faust's perks. Will the Bad Company Mercs show up when the player reaches a certain level with Faust or starting as soon as Faust is acquired?

Nope. Not using the old code in the first place, so it'll have a different approach this time. So far, only Rainbow Dash's, Ditzy Do's, Princess Twilight's, Twilight's, Luna's, Celestia's, Chrysalis', and Molestia's perks are done and work. Had to change them slightly due to numerous game engine bugs involving how the game does math.

Thanks Bethesda.

Ah yes. The aging Gamebryo engine. Makes me wonder if they will tweak/update it any more when (if?) Fallout 4 comes out. I do have a question regarding Trixie's perk. Is the "creature of varying size" referring to different ages of a certain creature (like the possibility of summoning a baby gecko as opposed to an adult fire gecko) or is it different size scales of certain creatures?

I always make muffins in a batch of twelve in those baking trays. Why make two at a time?

I've been adding... a creature I've always wanted to Fallout. I've finally accomplished it, despite naysayers and numerous setbacks. I promise to get back to work on the bipedal horses.

Changelog so far for 3.0b

-Fixed the normal map on Chrysalis' horn. It was super shiny.
-Added code to force the ponies to holster their weapons when told to wait.
-Removed unused records. Again.
-Changed Level for Friendship Is Magic perk to 26.
-Removed dirty edits from the file.
-Added check to prevent the iNumberOfPoniesPlayerHas variable from begin bumped an integer when replacing dead ponies.
-Added check to give the ponies their special ammo when they lose it. Quest Flag does not work on ammo, allowing it to be removed when switched out. Also added check to remove extra ammo over 5.
-Fixed stilted player prompt when confirming they do want another pony with Bon Bon.

Edited by Kuroitsune