Giant smash attack effect, custom power while wielding 2 handed weapon

kharlor

Hi,

I am making a new 2 handed pick axe:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/images/424572/?

I want to add a power that you get when you make the new pick axe and can only be activated while wielding it. I have 2 main questions before I start trying to figure it out.

The first is when a giant hits the ground and it goes boom and rumbels and dust flies up, can you add that effect to weapons or powers?

My other main question is can when you activate the power the player does the over handed hard smash down 2 handed warhammer animation?

If that is possible the next question is can I make activating the power do a radial "force push" effect that flings enemies back but not nearly as much as like the shout pushes people back, and the center of the radius is approximately where the head of the over handed battle axe animation appears to hit the ground? As well as doing dammage?

I would also like to make it so you have to have full stamina to activate the power, and activating it drains your stamina all the way.

So any ideas on how to start?

Thanks

-Kharlor

Edited by kharlor

The first is when a giant hits the ground and it goes boom and rumbels and dust flies up, can you add that effect to weapons or powers?

most likely. Find the effect, and call it via a script.

My other main question is can when you activate the power the player does the over handed hard smash down 2 handed warhammer animation?

What? is can when? the player does the over hand smash down warhammer animation?

My head hurts.

If that is possible the next question is can I make activating the power do a radial "force push" effect that flings enemies back but not nearly as much as like the shout pushes people back

Sure. Just check out any of the "force push" spell mods out there. I take it they use the same effect as the shout, just tone it down.

and the center of the radius is approximately where the head of the over handed battle axe animation appears to hit the ground?

What? The over handed battle axe animations? What is that?

As well as doing dammage?

I guess that is possible as well. Just make the push do damage.

I would also like to make it so you have to have full stamina to activate the power, and activating it drains your stamina all the way.

make a script that checks the players stamina. If the player is below that, it won't work. If it is exactly that, activates the rest.

So any ideas on how to start?

Where to start is relative to where you are now.

Do you know how to script?

Do you know how to use any of the functions needed?

Have you checked other mods/spells that does somewhat what you want?

If not, start by learning to script. Then you'll get there eventually.

I mean can you make the player play an animation when activating the power. Then make the animation be the 2 handed attack animation like he is swinging the equiped weapon up over his head, then back down again hitting the ground in front of him.

Of course. Using scripts, you can activate any animations at any time. Though at this point you might need to think about using FNIS and SKSE.

I am rather unsure how the vanilla scripting language tackles animations.

Okay I'll start making notes on when I notice the scripts I want to use. I dont know how to do any scripting but I'll start looking into some basic stuff I suppose. Do you get the main idea I'm going for though? I want to be able to have a special ability to smash the ground infront of me and blast out a force from it hurting surounding enemies is basically what I'm looking to do. Is there a better way to acomplish that effect then what my ideas were in the first post?

There is most likely many ways to do what you want. However, you need to be able to script to solve anything. if you have no experience, it is going to take you some learning to be able to pull anything off. You need:

A stamina check.

Changing the animation.

Making the hit have the effect that giants got.

Making the hit have a small pushback.

Make it do certain amount of damage.

Return to normal

Nothing there is impossible.

Skyrim scripting is pretty much like programming, only tailored to Skyrim. If you do not want to do what, you should either get help, or mod stuff that does not require scripting.

And try google/youtube.