Skip Fade mod

Atrea

maybe a choice to stay awke triggered by willpower for mages, cunning for rogues, and constitution for warriors?i liked this moment alot when i first played.....but it just takes too long.i just regret that they had'nt put more infiltration missions like with the city elf origin.

maybe a choice to stay awke triggered by willpower for mages, cunning for rogues, and constitution for warriors?i liked this moment alot when i first played.....but it just takes too long.i just regret that they had'nt put more infiltration missions like with the city elf origin.

I don't know whether you already got this far in the game, but if you're a Rogue talk to Slim Couldry in Denerim. If you're no rogue he won't show.

I already found a savegame on nexus. I finished the mod, but it's working but not very well :whistling:

Problems:

- you still have in journal the quest displayed with Weisshaupt

- I need to know how much xp you get if you complete the fade

- I've added 2 journal entries (Sloth, Raw Fade) but there could be more

- how much attribute points do you get if you complete the fade

It's working like this:

- you enter the room

- the sloth charms you to sleep

- after the dialog he's still there but you can take the litany and just ignore him and fight end boss

But the main point is that it's working. :biggrin: I tested it a bit and didn't find any issues.

I already found a savegame on nexus. I finished the mod, but it's working but not very well :whistling:

Problems:

- you still have in journal the quest displayed with Weisshaupt

- I need to know how much xp you get if you complete the fade

- I've added 2 journal entries (Sloth, Raw Fade) but there could be more

- how much attribute points do you get if you complete the fade

It's working like this:

- you enter the room

- the sloth charms you to sleep

- after the dialog he's still there but you can take the litany and just ignore him and fight end boss

But the main point is that it's working. :biggrin: I tested it a bit and didn't find any issues.

Maybe the DragonAgewiki or a Walkthru will list the number of attribute points you can collect. As for the XP, isn't that influenced by the difficulty level you play at?

I found the list of attributes:

Str - 4

Dex - 4

Wil - 4

Mag - 2

Cun - 5

Con - 2

Total = 21 stat points

As far as I know the only things that influence your xp are Memory band, if party members are dead or in camp and some belt that increases your xp gain for codex.

These are the only things I found in sys_rewards_h that influence xp

Party members get FloatToInt(nEffectiveXP * 0.95)

dead party members FloatToInt(nEffectiveXP * 0.9f);

memory band FloatToInt(nXP * 0.01);

I found the list of attributes:

Str - 4

Dex - 4

Wil - 4

Mag - 2

Cun - 5

Con - 2

Total = 21 stat points

As far as I know the only things that influence your xp are Memory band, if party members are dead or in camp and some belt that increases your xp gain for codex.

These are the only things I found in sys_rewards_h that influence xp

Party members get FloatToInt(nEffectiveXP * 0.95)

dead party members FloatToInt(nEffectiveXP * 0.9f);

memory band FloatToInt(nXP * 0.01);

Does your character level influence the amount of XP you get; if your level 7 do you get more XP for slaying a Rage Demon than when your, say a level 11? Or does the game engine simply make the Rage Demon more difficult to slay for higher level characters. It's just something I wonder, nothing more.

Nice though that you've come up with a baseline mod to circumvent the Fade Sloth Demon bit. Should make quite a few people very happy.

The Fade is fun for me ... I just can't stand the "blurry" effect. It's annoying and makes me not want to go through that part of the game. Make a mod that removes that effect!! That would be great.

@Alehazar

Here's a website which explains how the levels are handled in Dragon Age: Origins:

http://dragonage.gulbsoft.org/doku.php/challenge_scaling

I think you always get the same amount of xp from killing mobs. I looked again at the source code and there wasn't anything that could indicate that you get more xp if you're a higher level. You always get the same amount, just the mobs are scaled not the xp. But no guarantee it could be also be different.

@Tikkidew

I don't know how I would do this. The blurry effect isn't created with a script but rather I think somewhere in the area editor. But I really don't have any idea.

I think my mod will be ready tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. It's now all working except some minor things like add the codex "The Black City" or add a dialog option so you can choose if you want to skip the fade or not.

@Alehazar

Here's a website which explains how the levels are handled in Dragon Age: Origins:

http://dragonage.gulbsoft.org/doku.php/challenge_scaling

I think you always get the same amount of xp from killing mobs. I looked again at the source code and there wasn't anything that could indicate that you get more xp if you're a higher level. You always get the same amount, just the mobs are scaled not the xp. But no guarantee it could be also be different.

@Tikkidew

I don't know how I would do this. The blurry effect isn't created with a script but rather I think somewhere in the area editor. But I really don't have any idea.

I think my mod will be ready tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. It's now all working except some minor things like add the codex "The Black City" or add a dialog option so you can choose if you want to skip the fade or not.

Thanks for the link; interesting reading.

About the Codex in the Sloth Fade; if you're not a mage, there's a lot of Codex updates lying about in this area. Will they be added to your journal/codex as well? Or is that what you meant when you referred to "the Black City coex"?

Anyway, many thanks for taking on this mod request -even though I'm probably one of the few who won't be using it; I like this part of the Fade. Which is why it's nice you're adding the option to either Skip or Play through this section of the game.

Thanks again.

Alehazar

I don't know if there are more codexes if you find more no problem I will add them. I looked up the codexes at http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/The_Fade:_Lost_in_Dreams there were just "Codex Entry: The Black City" and from the cir300pt_fade.nss I know there is one more: the sloth journal entry.

I have some ideas about the dialog e.g persuading the sloth demon to kill himself :rolleyes: or persuade him that it is better not to be a demon anymore xD then I would add some kind of transformation like the one for the werewolves in Brecilian Forest.

But I don't know if I will get it working. I never worked with dialog files and the transformation could also be a bit too hard for me to script.

Mainly I'm creating the addon to get some more experience with scripting quests etc. so I can create an real adventure with quests, a new area and so on. But maybe for now just a small adventure nothing too big. :biggrin:

Edit:

@Alehazar

I looked into the sys_autoscale_h there seems to be an adjustment to xp, so you are right that the xp depends on the level you are. Furthermore I did some testing I killed some archers with a level 9 warrior and with a level 10 warrior. My level 10 warrior got 37xp and my level 9 39xp. And for the creature they get all more hp, crit chance etc. depending on your level. I didn't know that there was a script like this. Look in the sys_autoscale_h if you want to know more.