fxDustDropRandomSCRIPT is all over the place! (Papyrus log)

backoff521

I'm devastated, I don't even know where to start. OK here we go...
This was my second time playing trough the storyline which also means my second character. I wanted to maximize the pleasure so I installed huge amount(imo) of mods, which are(or were) working perfectly!(again imo) I'm not gonna share my modlist because I don't know how to do it. (Don't expect me type their names one by one) Anyways, lately I started having CTDs more frequently than usual(ABOUT 1 per hour), so I decided to check the papyrus log.
There was "VM is freezing and VM is frozen" error mostly after these: "fxDustDropRandomSCRIPT.psc" and "dunBluePalaceArenaSCRIPT.psc" I know that palace thing causes CTDs because mind of madness is a buggy quest but I love Wabbajack. (Console commands are NO NO! I don't use them to add things to my inventory, breaks the immersion) The problem was the other one since it was more frequent. Then, unfortunately, I came across this solution.
Speeding up... 1. I downloaded the so called fixes > 2. let them overwrite > 3. played trough Tending the Flames quest(Ran all the way to Dead Man's Respite from Morthal), no CTDs but there was a conflict with iHUD(Crosshair wasn't disappearing after a little while) Also the fight with the draugrs and Olaf was buggy > 4. replaced the fix files with originals > 5. loaded an earlier save(before the fix) > 6. 2 exterior CTDs (in the step 3 area) > 7. Completed the quest again, 1 CTD (fight wasn't buggy) > 8. 3 more exterior CTDs after completing the quest(near Crabber's Shack) > 9. I checked the papyrus and it was CRAWLING with this!! "fxDustDropRandomSCRIPT.psc"
Bottom part of the log was full of these and now I feel terrible for trying the fix and ruining my game. I don't think there is any solution to this(except re-installing), I just wanted to let you know. (By the way it didn't crash the last time I tried to go near the shack but the log was still full of dustdrop)

EDIT: The reason of the buggy fight was the Locational Damage mod. Probably scripts were overloading or something like that, no buggy fight after I set it to freeze mod. If you are using Locational Damage too you should also do that when there are too many enemies around.

Edited by backoff521

steve40's solution should not interfere with any HUD mod. steve40's solution does require you to return to the locations that caused the spam in the first place in order for that spam to be removed.

The USKP also has a working solution but it will not resolve the problem mid-game. Instead it prevents the problem before it happens.

I would recommend using steve40's solution in your current game and follow his instructions of returning to the problematic areas in order for the adjustments to resolve the problem.

Otherwise, install USKP patches, sort with BOSS or LOOT, merge leveled lists with Wrye Bash and start a new game.

Firstly, thank you for your reply. You are right, it shouldn't interfere with any HUD mod BUT there was a certain difference. Crosshair not disappearing thing happened before but for some reason it happened way too early with the fix, like, in a few minutes. And there were also other problems while playing the quest which didn't occur when I wasn't using the fix. Btw I don't use BOSS or any other stuff like that. I think installing and sorting manually is more reliable. I arranged my load order according to this and had minor problems, until now of course :D

EDIT: Got rid of an unnecessary part in the reply. Caused by my lack of knowledge about the site.

Edited by backoff521

Consider this. You had the fix in place. While it may not have resolved the older instances, it was preventing new instances from appearing. This would lead to less tying up of resources and allowing other scripts to process a little bit quicker. In essence, you fix one thing and it lets you see what else is wrong.

FYI - "The Pale Redguard" is my title. Yours is currently "Stranger". It will change as your number of posts increase. At one point (can't remember how many) you'll be able to change that title to whatever you want.