Redcliffe missing chantry/blackstone/mages board

lgp888

Hello,

i have recently come to a point in my DOA playthrough in which I have recently successfully defended the Redcliffe village from the walking corpses and am trying to access the Chantry/Blackstone Irregulars board in front of the Chantry building. The problem is that the board is missing. Upon extensive research on the internet and these forums, I found that a few of my mods may be conflicting to cause this issue, but I require assistance in the process of figuring out how to resolve it.

1. I do not have the nude variety mod that has caused this glitch to occur

2. I do have Advanced Quickbar and Tactics along with Improved Atmosphere which I assume may be the root of my problems as evidenced by this thread http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/591774-really-need-help-i-give-up-on-myself-in-this-1/

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=299&t=591774&qpid=4744117

This user says it was the case for him but he does not divulge into how he resolved it

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=299&t=591774&qpid=4753223

The OP of the thread then later finds that the problem is with a Item Sets fix mod, which he removed to solve the issue...yet I do not have that mod

I have also read that I may not be able to make the board reappear due to mods "baking-in" changes

Basically, I am seeking help/clarification on how to solve this issue and/or if it is even possible to fix it (I can post my modlist if need be)

Thanks

Unfortunately it is Advanced Tactics. Quickbar may also cause a problem but I've not had an issue with it. There is only one way to resolve this and that is to take off Advanced Tactics until you obtain the quests from all the sources in Redcliffe.

As far as I am aware this is the only area affected by this mod and to my knowledge there is no other fix for it. If Quickbar is an issue there are other mods out there that do add extra quickbars to the game.

Hope this helps and let me know if it resolves the issues you are having.

If you don't mind, how exactly did you manage to resolve this issue when removing advanced tactics? I recently uninstalled advanced tactics via the DAO mod manager by right clicking "uninstall" and loaded save before encountering redcliffe, before teh village attack, and after the village attack, yet the chantry board is still missing

Thanks for the input by the way

what other mods do you have. do you have Improved Atmosphere for example. Let me have a list and I'll take a look. Like I said for me it was Advanced Tactics and IA. Without looking at your mod list I wont know for definite.

This is my (i believe) exhaustive mod list for my Dragon Age playthrough ( I do have Almost all IA modules on except for the compatibility ones)

I apologize for it being rather excessive

· Advanced tactics

· Alley of Murders

· Amy outfit

· Angel’s Console font fix

· Anytime party picker

· Armor of the black fox

· Armor of the sten

· Baldur’s gate spellpack

· Beautiful people hair REN

· Better Sex Cutscenes

· Bidelle’s cosmetics

· Bodahn tweaks

· character respect addon

· Class and Specialization spell pack

· Combat tweaks with single player module fixes

· Console – add points

· Dahlialynn’s sleep until dawn

· Detailed Tooltips

· Dog gift tweaks

· Dragon Age mutator

· Dragon Age redesigned

· Elemental mastery

· Elvhenan weapons

· expanded inventory

· extra dog slot

· Fadewalker clss

· Final Fantasy Tactics Conversion

· Forced Deathblows

· FTG UI and Quickbar

· Grey warden castle

· grey warden runic armor

· HSLI robes and outfits

· Improved Atmosphere

· Innodil’s pocket plane

· JB3 textures

· Jojjo weapons

· JZ mass mod merger

· Kirkwall exports

· lock bash for dao and daa

· Loincloth fashion

· More options at the pearl

· Morrigan restoration patch

· no helmet hack for dao and daa

· Open lock spells

· phoenix armory

· Polygamy and Polyamory

· PT’s vibrant colors

· Rapture’s witcher

· Ser Gilmore and Dog in Awakening

· ser gilmore companion

· Spirit eater class

· The magic box

· The pearl Redone

· Theta Hd textures

· Tombs of the undead

· Tucked hair

· Utility sack

· Wings of velvet

· Witcher aesthetics

This is my (i believe) exhaustive mod list for my Dragon Age playthrough ( I do have Almost all IA modules on except for the compatibility ones)

I apologize for it being rather excessive

· Advanced tactics

·

· <snip>

·

· Improved Atmosphere

·

· <snip>

So... There's your problem Lady!

Just as Naomis said. :laugh:

IA is a great mod. It just doesn't play well with others. And some of the changes it makes get "baked-in" to your saves and can't be undone even if you remove it.

IIRC, there was some mention in the dedicated IA thread re the Redcliffe chantry board/Blackstone quest givers not appearing. (I believe the doomsayer may have been AWOL as well.) Not sure if there was a solution offered. /not helpful

I saw that thread about IA as well; In my game the doomsayer was there at Redcliffe.

I already had a feeling that I was related to my issue with the board, I was just wondering if anyone with a similar experience had found a solution to it or had to resort to another playthrough

Unfortunately no... you have to remove it and take it back a save or two. Hope this helps and sorts your problem.

Let us know and enjoy the game once more :D

If any one is still here, I am still playing this game,just finished the DAO playthrough, and starting Awakening, I am currently documenting all the glitches and bugs I am encountering and all the workarounds i have found for them. Should I start a new thread for that or keep posting here?