I am offering modeling help to make DA mod

turbojoys

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah ... i hav read that yesterday afternoon along with some other alike tutorials... and i tried to followed it actually ,,, but for some reason it dosent work 4 me..... (maybe the fbx is different from Maya) .... i couldnt even generate any file just like in the tutorial .......

anyway... even if that worked .... i m still not sure a new armor mesh would work in game (for the time being) .... coz without bone weighting info ... your mesh would be just another static mesh....

maybe its just me did not try hard enough....my goal in this was actually to hav some fun in modeling .... not waisting time on figuring out how to bring it into game .....

man .... i desperately need help from people knows how to :confused:

You can bring new models in DA:O, using the Blender Import-Export scripts.

You just have to find a vanilla model somewhat close (like an armor model for an armor, because bounding boxes are not updated, and you'll need the original for a nice Bone Weight Copy), extract it somewhere and use the scripts to replace the usually only mesh part with your new model. DA:O models use a .msh file for the geometry, a .mao file for the material (and texture paths), 4 textures (diffuse, normal, specular, tint) in .dds format and a .mmh to link everything. Also two low detail versions of the above and a .phy file, but these can wait.

To avoid replacing the original model, you'll need to toolset to change a few fields in :

- the .mmh (model hierarchy) : .mmh/.msh reference and .mao (material) reference of your edited mesh part

- the .msh : self reference, but wait until your model is final because the Blender script doesn't like the .msh saved by the toolset (crash).

and a text editor to edit your own .mao file.

Adding it in-game still requires a few more steps (creating a .uti, editing some M2DA to add the model variation, etc...), but once you've done a model I'm sure other modders would be happy to do it :)

On a different matter, I've been having tons of request for this hairstyle : http://dragonagenexus.com/imageshare/image...-1262858492.jpg , but can't seem to get it right. If you can make a .blend for it, I can take care of the exporting thing. Here's a blend with my pitiful attempt if you want to take a look : http://hotfile.com/dl/23378087/faa421c/wardenhm.rar.html

It would be completely awesome if you could fix the Morrigan mesh to not have that gaping hole in her back when you try to make the back part of her robe transparent. Just make her back one long contiguous section instead of being split up into two different places on the UV map (i think thats the right term), so that you dont get these ugly, unavoidable seams on the small of her back.

kzelsama .... thank you for you detail reply .... sounds like you are someone who can get the job done here mate.... are you willing to help me once my model is complete ..... it would be appreciated....

ps. for the hair model ... i think you are doing fine there .... you dont even need me ... but i do wanna point out you might wanna comb your hair to look more closely to the reference image

like this

http://i46.tinypic.com/ddhs2d.jpg

When your model is complete, I can help you export it if you want. It's really not that complicated. I could write a short tutorial.

Although you should be aware while modeling armor that each part (chest, gloves, boots, helm) will have to be a separate object, and be correctly aligned to fit the body's defaut pose.