Photo

Skinning deficit

2 replies to this topic

EntropyAdept

EntropyAdept

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 21 posts

I realize that user skins are a relatively recent feature to War Thunder and that modders will of course work their favorites first. But I have noticed, both here and on War Thunder's own sharing pages that certain models of aircraft have far more representation than others. So I would like to take this opportunity to request that skinners try to test their skins on as many similar models as possible. Some aircraft lines have few structural changes from one version to the next and skins for one will work as easily on the others. Some examples of aircraft which can share the same skin are the B-17 and Me-410 series.

Please lend some time to less popular models of aircraft as well. My own skills for this work are practically non-existent at this time so I rely on those who do have the skills to do the work that I have neither the skills or, currently, the time to build those skills. So whether it is historically accurate or fanciful dreams thank you to all the modders and skinners for your time and effort.

brownninja97

brownninja97

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

I realize that user skins are a relatively recent feature to War Thunder and that modders will of course work their favorites first. But I have noticed, both here and on War Thunder's own sharing pages that certain models of aircraft have far more representation than others. So I would like to take this opportunity to request that skinners try to test their skins on as many similar models as possible. Some aircraft lines have few structural changes from one version to the next and skins for one will work as easily on the others. Some examples of aircraft which can share the same skin are the B-17 and Me-410 series.

Please lend some time to less popular models of aircraft as well. My own skills for this work are practically non-existent at this time so I rely on those who do have the skills to do the work that I have neither the skills or, currently, the time to build those skills. So whether it is historically accurate or fanciful dreams thank you to all the modders and skinners for your time and effort.

Do you have any planes in particular that you want to be skinned, if you want then look through the skins id done so far and pick which one you want and for what plane, if ive unlocked that plane in war thunder then ill skin it when i get the time.

highredshift

highredshift

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

when i try to use some of the skins posted here, there is a total mismatch of how they should be applied on the plane, resulting in ugly "modern art" like shapes on the plane...
I have this issue on a bf109e-1 for the first time... any one knows what to do??? :confused:

Reply to this topic

Page loaded in: 0.971 seconds