Mouse control isn't working.

chaserobinson73

So I was playing Skyrim just fine, multiple days in a row for the past few days. Now all of the sudden when I go to play, the mouse won't move the in-game cursor. The game isn't detecting my mouse I think. My keyboard works fine, but the mouse just won't move the cursor or the camera.

I have tons of mods installed, but the last time I played the game was completely stable. All I have done since then was install a few mods: No Sneak Attack Sound , Safety Load , and Better Dialogue Controls. I've uninstalled them, but that made no difference.

I've tried searching for a fix to this, but I can't find anything.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Hi,...lol

2 people, both with Mouse problems...Neither have said WHAT kind of mouse...

Change your batteries....

Plug into different PS-2 port...lol

Different USB port.

I have had ports go bad on a motherboard before......

:smile:

Edited by camaro_69_327

Hi,

I am having the same problem. Apparently my mouse doen't work in Morrowind, either. The only thing that seems to help is restarting the computer.

I have only updated my graphics card drivers (Geforce 337.88). Before that the mouse would always work!

Hi,

I am having the same problem. Apparently my mouse doen't work in Morrowind, either. The only thing that seems to help is restarting the computer.

I have only updated my graphics card drivers (Geforce 337.88). Before that the mouse would always work!

Same here, i updated to play watchdogs then the mouse stopped working

What did you update?

Has anyone else had a problem with the mouse in Beth games after installing Watchdogs?

What did you update?

Has anyone else had a problem with the mouse in Beth games after installing Watchdogs?

Yes, after playing Watch Dogs the game cursor will not move when trying to play Skyrim - a computer restart fixed the problem. Also using Nvidia 337.88 driver

• 2 weeks later...

I also have this issue now after installing Watch Dogs, it's something very weird. I have tried everything else, switching batters (even though they were good) changing ports even though none of them work out of my 14 with the mouse and any Bethesda games (all other games work). I have no controllers plugged in either.

Edit: I have Oblivion, Skyrim and both Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, none of them recognize the mouse at the title. Loading from my save or continuing does nothing to help as I am unable to look around using my mouse in-game either.

Edited by RinVindor