Looking For Tech Artist and Animator For Custom Creature mod.

baldy3456

I am a character artist and I am looking for skilled people willing to collaborate on a set of costume lore friendly creatures for a Skyrim mod. I am mostly looking for a Tech artist who is willing to skin and if possible rig a set of creatures I am working on.

My optimistic vision for this mod would be custom creatures with custom skeletons and custom animations. I know that is a lot to ask for but I have played a lot of the custom creature mods and a lot of them look great but not many really stay consistent to the style of the game and even fewer actually add custom animations and powers to the creatures. Now I would really like a collaboration with more than one person. So I would also like to hear from an Animator, someone who can script and program in the Creation Kit, and someone who is familiar with setting up mods for easy NMM instalation, also someone who could manage a Nexus mod page. But if you do not posses these skills and you think you could help out somehow even if it is creature suggestions or help with the lore or something else then feel free to comment or message me. This could be an awesome mod with content to rival official DLC content quality. I plan on this being a continuing process so there is not a super tight deadline or any thing. I would be releasing new content as it gets finished and updating the mod to showcase them. My scope for now is small but the more support I get the more content we could make.

My lowered expectation vision of this mod would be custom characters skinned to existing similar rigs. I have more WIP models and I am really just looking for some motivation to finish them.

This Example is not final yet but it is here for a sample of my work and to show the style I am trying to hit.

I plan on adding more fur and maybe adjusting the hooves and horns to match a tundra type bovine.

If you are interested send me a message and I may ask for some examples of your work to see what I can expect. If you want some older examples of my work, this is my portfolio blog I made after college here. That page reflects my skills out of college. I have been too busy lately to make an updated portfolio with work and life and stuff. I assure you my skills have improved since then.

I will be updating this Topic with new renders and more creature examples to bring more attention to this mod.

Thanks

First of all i completely support this mod and think that you have a brilliant idea.

I for one can't do any modelling and aren't too great at the ck either but i can definitely give some ideas.

How about you remake, with custom buffs and animations, creatures from previous games such as the ogres, imps, minotaurs and possibly dadroths from oblivion. The daedra from oblivion would be great as their were a lot of really unique creatures which added depth to the daedra and conjuration, so if you were to make the daedra then you be adding both new custom creatures but also new spells, powers and possibilities for you or other modders to use for mods. Also you could, for a few creature, just alter already existing skeletons for various creatures. For example: imps could use the Vamp lord skeleton but with a smaller body but same size wings, daedroths could possible use an altered werewolf skeleton, scamps - falmer and ogres could use giant animations.

Lastly the minotaur mesh you have is really good except that the head should be a bit more on top because otherwise it looks like a steroid-junky-bull with a hammer :P

Also please allow other modders to use your work with permission of course :)

...and good luck :D