Make a Follower in RaceMenu

WafelekRox123

Wellll yes. You'll have to set the weight of your NPC in the CK. I don't know about things such as body tattoos or other body overlays, they most probably won't be affected by this, so I can't really help you with that, sorry.

And what do you mean with the second question? The only things this tutorial requires are either one of the newer RaceMenu versions that include CharGen or one of the older versions of RaceMenu plus CharGen, and also the NifMerger tool. Nifskope can be helpful but isn't needed per se.

Well if you're going to create the mod for yourself, use UNP for all female characters and want to make this one UNP as well, that won't be a problem, since your follower will of course be UNP as well. If you want your follower to be UNP, but generally use, let's say, CBBE, that's another thing, since you're going to have to copy the body meshes into your mod's folder (and do some other stuff that I don't know, that's where a more experienced modder should jump in). I guess if you copy the body textures in there as well, you can also change the body textures and put tattoos on her body. I guess that would work well manually, but I don't think a thing such as CharGen would help you.

Apachii hairs wouldn't be a problem either if you plan on using the follower just for yourself, since you'll just have to load ApachiiSkyHair.esm in your CK as well and choose the hairstyle you exported with CharGen in the actor window.

If, and it seems like that is what you're trying to do, you want to publish the mod and make it available for other users who might not have UNP or ApachiiSkyHair for example, I think this tutorial might prove helpful. I haven't read everything myself, but it seems to be a good one.

mhm....wait for the second...because i am nervous right now;_; i try to make standalone follower in about 3-5 hours and i dont have enough files ;/ like in this tutorial u give me up check STEP 2 i dont have ANY files like on the pictures...i don't know how to get them ;(
i Have:Apachii, The Eye Of Beauty , face light,The Coenaculi, and of course i made it in RaceMenu(the newest version) so i understand the newest version already have CharGen?? and if i end work about follower i need to press Z or just write in console SPF "name my follower" ?? jesus it's to hard ;_;....

Edited by WafelekRox123

The mods given in the tutorial are not required. The mod author has used them for their character, but if you want to use an Apachii hairstyle and eyes from The Eyes of Beauty, just think of these while going through the steps. Should you, however, want any of these mods, the links are just next to them so you'd need to download them simply. But as I said, it's not required.

Yes yes, the most recent RaceMenu has CharGen included.

And if you created your follower's face in RaceMenu, I'd suggest you'd use the export head feature - so just pressing z or whatever you have your shout key set to (as per default it's z on US american keyboards, but if you have, for example, a German keyboard like I do, it would be y). The spf 'name' command isn't needed.

And yeah, I guess creating standalone versions might be a little harder, though I've never done it, since I never publish any of my followers. Just take your time and read a lot before actually doing anything, get to know Skyrim's folders system and the Creation Kit and you should be good to go.

Just remember that when you're creating a standalone version of your follower, you need to have everything in the respective folders, since your follower will depend on it. This might make things confusing, but also enables you to do a lot of stuff you usually couldn't. I suggest you first try out if you get your follower with the right face meshes, textures, hairstyle etc to work, and once that is done, you can focus on things such as the body tattoos you want her to have.

EDIT: Alright I did a bit of reading, and I don't think you can actually add any of the Coenaculi Tattoos to NPCs. The mod author, Desufire, has stated this on the mod's page. So... no tattoos for your follower then, sadly.

Edited by WinterandStars

Ok then but i have problem like in the picture ... http://pl.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2625uzb&s=8#.U4b2RiiE7hU

how i can get missed .TRI files?? please look at this tutorial u give me it's ok but when i am on step 2 you have a lot of pictures here and i don't have any of them :/ i need to download them ?? or extract from special program??...

PS i miss a lot of files like TRI and as i said before... but wait how i can load 0.slot that i made in racemenu??;3

Edited by WafelekRox123

Friend you are in luck because I just spend the last 3 fkn days trying to figure this out lol. Now I can do it and will try to help you.

But Im at work, if you want a complete 100% breakdown of what tools you need and the EXACT steps to take you have to google:

RaceMenu-created chars .spf not importing morphs.

Sorry, Im at work, cant access that link to place here, but in short, thats my post elsewhere and it breaks down the entire process.

When you go to that link, there are tutorials and step by step, foolproof instructions there. But if you cant, the nexus wikis are the tutorials that are referenced

namely 'importing faces with char gen extension' (I dont think you need the basic 'creating an npc follower' at this point anymore).

First thing you need is NifMerge

1)Game:

Create a new game, make char, strip them of all items then spf, export, set as presave, etc etc

close skyrim

2)Make your char in CK (importing the SPF, making stats etc), close the form you just created them on, drop them in-game via the renderer, locate them in the actors tab, Ctrl F4, exit CK

NifMerge: Locate your headexport from RaceMenu drop that in the left side of NifMerge. Locate the .nif of the char you just created and drop in on the right

check :Merge child nodes,

check: Match vertices

check: Merge models.

Your new NIF will be in the location needed for skyrim to read your new characters face.

That's a rough and dirty summary, if you're somewhat familiar with basic modding, you know the steps and I can try to go into detail on any questions.

Or go google that subject, breaks it down in 100% accuracy and detail. Good luck!