Make a Follower in RaceMenu

WafelekRox123

One thing to mention, while I have managed to get custom faces on - Im still working on adding custom hair, eyes to it.

Currently I can have either crappy hair and amazing face or amazing hair and fugly companion: Maybe you'll figure this out before me and can help me out!

My load too has Eyes of Beauty RaceMenu but I use SGHairpack, think its way superior to Apachii

Edited by Exyll

everything is ok mate but when i am into CK i don't have my apachii hairs .. i Select : Apachii Hair Style Eyes Of Buty and Skyrim idk what happen...

PS where i can find this part?? "Locate the .nif of the char you just created and drop in on the right" i only have my head.inf

Edited by WafelekRox123

The errors are normal, the CK always finds some errors. Just click... well, in your case "anuluj".

And do you have ApachiiSkyHair.esm loaded in the data section of the CK? You need to load it to access the hairstyles.

Also, if you want to use some of the eyes from The Eyes of Beauty, there's one important thing: I don't have it, so I don't know, but is The Eyes of Beauty an esp file or an esm file? If it's an esp, you can't use the resources provided with the mod in your esp. You'd either need to esmify The Eyes of Beauty with WryeBash (same goes for SG Hairpack I think, I'm not sure about that now though) or temporarily flag it as an esm in TES5Edit. If you need help there, I can provide you with another good tutorial.

Another thing to keep in mind: I know of these seemingly missing tri files for Apachii hairs; in the CK, your character's hairstyle might float a bit above the hair, but that won't be the case in game, so don't worry about that.

Once you have given your character the appropriate name, race, ticked the "female", set her eyes and hairstyle, and do whatever you still feel like doing (make her available as a follower, give her something to wear etc), you need to use the ctrl+f4 command, which exports her face gen data.

Now you have three files: two in Data > meshes > Actors > Character > FaceGenData > FaceGeom > (your mod).esp (there's the nif, so the frame on which the texture is plastered so to say) and one more in Data > textures > actors > character > FaceGenData > FaceTint > (your mod).esp (that's the texture, so your npc's face colour, her warpaint and possible freckles and what have you).

there might also be more files of different types, but these are less important.

The nif file you're searching for is usually something with a name like "0000AA02.nif" or another number/letter combination. Drag that to the right.

The one on the left is the one you created with RaceMenu, so it's located in Data > SKSE > Plugins > CharGen.

Did that clear it up a little?

everything is ok mate but when i am into CK i don't have my apachii hairs .. i Select : Apachii Hair Style Eyes Of Buty and Skyrim idk what happen...

PS where i can find this part?? "Locate the .nif of the char you just created and drop in on the right" i only have my head.inf

skyrim/data/meshes/actor/character/facegendata/facegeom(?)/inside this folder will be the name of your .esps with your characters, you'll find the .nif in here

also, SGHair pack download comes with an esm and esp - 268 hairstyles

If you still want to use apaachi, you'll have to add a line to your,( iirc), SkyrimEditor.ini file to allow multiple masterloads. (as esm is a master file)

Again, at work, cant verify the actual command line but you can easily google it

Edited by Exyll

The errors are normal, the CK always finds some errors. Just click... well, in your case "anuluj".

And do you have ApachiiSkyHair.esm loaded in the data section of the CK? You need to load it to access the hairstyles.

Also, if you want to use some of the eyes from The Eyes of Beauty, there's one important thing: I don't have it, so I don't know, but is The Eyes of Beauty an esp file or an esm file? If it's an esp, you can't use the resources provided with the mod in your esp. You'd either need to esmify The Eyes of Beauty with WryeBash (same goes for SG Hairpack I think, I'm not sure about that now though) or temporarily flag it as an esm in TES5Edit. If you need help there, I can provide you with another good tutorial.

Another thing to keep in mind: I know of these seemingly missing tri files for Apachii hairs; in the CK, your character's hairstyle might float a bit above the hair, but that won't be the case in game, so don't worry about that.

Once you have given your character the appropriate name, race, ticked the "female", set her eyes and hairstyle, and do whatever you still feel like doing (make her available as a follower, give her something to wear etc), you need to use the ctrl+f4 command, which exports her face gen data.

Now you have three files: two in Data > meshes > Actors > Character > FaceGenData > FaceGeom > (your mod).esp (there's the nif, so the frame on which the texture is plastered so to say) and one more in Data > textures > actors > character > FaceGenData > FaceTint > (your mod).esp (that's the texture, so your npc's face colour, her warpaint and possible freckles and what have you).

there might also be more files of different types, but these are less important.

The nif file you're searching for is usually something with a name like "0000AA02.nif" or another number/letter combination. Drag that to the right.

The one on the left is the one you created with RaceMenu, so it's located in Data > SKSE > Plugins > CharGen.

yes clear but not so bit ;(( i made it as you say and what i need to do now if i click "Merge Model As..." and i save it in my desktop?

Edited by WafelekRox123

No, just click "merge to target" and it's done.

Your follower now has the meshes you created in CharGen!

What's left is the textures, if you haven't done them yet. For that, you'll need GIMP and the dds plugin for it.

I'll quickly explain the procedure for the textures here, so I'm sorry if you've done them already.

Open up the respective .dds file in your Data > SKSE > Plugins > CharGen folder with GIMP. (you could probably use a different application for it, but I'mma explain it with GIMP since it's free and what I use.) Now find out the name of the texture file for your follower which is located in Data > textures > actors > character > FaceGenData > FaceTint > (yourmod).esp. Copy that name, and save/export the dds file you still have open in GIMP under that exact name. GIMP will ask you to overwrite, click yes. Then a new window should pop up. Make sure compression is set to none and "generate mipimaps" is checked.

Now go into the day, spawn your NPC if you haven't put her in a worldspace yet, and check if she looks like how you made her in CharGen.

Note that any scars you may have put on her will be visible, but not 3D. That's a problem with the meshes and I couldn't solve it yet, and others apparently have neither.

If the rest is okay, you're good to go.

No, just click "merge to target" and it's done.

Your follower now has the meshes you created in CharGen!

What's left is the textures, if you haven't done them yet. For that, you'll need GIMP and the dds plugin for it.

I'll quickly explain the procedure for the textures here, so I'm sorry if you've done them already.

Open up the respective .dds file in your Data > SKSE > Plugins > CharGen folder with GIMP. (you could probably use a different application for it, but I'mma explain it with GIMP since it's free and what I use.) Now find out the name of the texture file for your follower which is located in Data > textures > actors > character > FaceGenData > FaceTint > (yourmod).esp. Copy that name, and save/export the dds file you still have open in GIMP under that exact name. GIMP will ask you to overwrite, click yes. Then a new window should pop up. Make sure compression is set to none and "generate mipimaps" is checked.

Now go into the day, spawn your NPC if you haven't put her in a worldspace yet, and check if she looks like how you made her in CharGen.

Note that any scars you may have put on her will be visible, but not 3D. That's a problem with the meshes and I couldn't solve it yet, and others apparently have neither.

If the rest is okay, you're good to go.

The Rest is good :smile: but i need manualy set up my follower in CK?? beacuse i have tattoss 2 in all the body(legs left arm head) and CK only read this as normal war paints...if i do this in NifSkope all will be good? setting up in CK i mean i need to set up all body parts manually??(hairs eyes tattoss etc.)

I have problem ;/ i don't know how to make war paints and face like in CharGen...look

CharGen:http://pl.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=11jagc3&s=8#.U4hlNSiE7hU

In Game:http://pl.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=10mncpy&s=8#.U4hlXiiE7hU

and her cheeks are so big i think ;/

Edited by WafelekRox123

No, no, as I said before, the author of those Coenaculi tattoos (or whatever they're called) has stated that no, you can't apply any of the body tattoos to NPCs. Only to your player character. And I'm pretty sure that applies to all other body tattoos.

And the things you need to manually set up in the CK are the hairstyle, the eyes (because their colour is affected by neither meshes nor textures you edited), the height, the weight and probably the skin colour, because if you choose a skin colour in CharGen that's very different from the one you set in the CK, you will get a visible neck seam.

The things you do not need to set up manually in the CK are the actual character gen morphs, the warpaints, possible other overlays such as freckles or marks of age and scars.

No, no, as I said before, the author of those Coenaculi tattoos (or whatever they're called) has stated that no, you can't apply any of the body tattoos to NPCs. Only to your player character. And I'm pretty sure that applies to all other body tattoos.

And the things you need to manually set up in the CK are the hairstyle, the eyes (because their colour is affected by neither meshes nor textures you edited), the height, the weight and probably the skin colour, because if you choose a skin colour in CharGen that's very different from the one you set in the CK, you will get a visible neck seam.

The things you do not need to set up manually in the CK are the actual character gen morphs, the warpaints, possible other overlays such as freckles or marks of age and scars.

aahh ok i forget about it... my bad but how people make tattoss on they're followers?? and what about the face??you see that they are different on images ;_; i don't know where i need to change it like in the picture "CharGen" beacuse it's sucks if i make 100 followers with the same face :////

Edit1: lol finally work ;_; but i skip this part:

"

"

i just export the head(Z) make my follower in CK like in CharGen save export CharGen character files and overwrite textures that i made in RaceMenu...i never understand this ..haha xD f*#@ games logic ^_^

Edited by WafelekRox123

• 10 months later...