Telekinesis?

Dullahan

Ok, i have almost every spell in the game, i bought them all from guilds, and stores and such.. but i found only one Mystic spell that effects objects long-ranged. Problem? I am not sure how to use it.

Whenever i cast telekinesis, it resembles the Mark spell, and it effects nothing. I am wondering why it would be a Self interaction, and not a ranged one. I cannot open anything, nor can i gather anything, nor can i push back enemies who corner me. (i always survived though, a Dagoth, and that elephant looking beast met their ends when they cornered me.. all i wanted was a frikking Vampire cure paper, and instead, i almost get killed by a Dagoth and that elephant beast... heh.. it was fun destroying them with ease, should have know not to corner a Wizard in an enclosed space. I made Arch Mage in under 8 hours!! Now i'm gonna try to be the head of the theives guild, tehn the fighters, then the houses..)

can someone tell me how the heck this works??

Thanks!

As far as I remember, you cast Telekinesis on yourself and then gain the ability, within the distance specified in the spell, to access things as if you were standing in front of them. For instance, if you need to pick something up but can't reach it normally, using telekinesis is the best bet. It doesn't (unfortunately) allow you to shove people backwards Jedi-style.

The fact that you can't open stuff is a bit worrying, but that might be that you have a low-distance spell :huh:

As far as I remember, you cast Telekinesis on yourself and then gain the ability, within the distance specified in the spell, to access things as if you were standing in front of them. For instance, if you need to pick something up but can't reach it normally, using telekinesis is the best bet. It doesn't (unfortunately) allow you to shove people backwards Jedi-style.

The fact that you can't open stuff is a bit worrying, but that might be that you have a low-distance spell :huh:

Hmm.. i see.. so after i cast the spell, what exactly do i do? The range is 2-25 feet, yet when i cast it, i can't open anything.. I thought when i cast it near objects that can be altered, it would automatically open chests, gather items, and open doors in that range..

I guess not.

You still have to activate objects in the usual way - all telekinesis does is allow you to activate them from a greater distance.

Hmm.. that makes no sense.. how can i activate objects "the usual way" from a greater distance? The Usual Way is to be right there, standing over it or something.

Basically if you make a new version of the spell and set it to 100-100 it will extend you're reach 100ft all you do is activate the spell and the effects should be immediatly noticable you'll be able to open chests, doors, pick locks, and take items from farther distances. Its a very useful spell i've a mil morth of items off it especially in vivec and mournhold when (in vivec) you're at the redoran, hlaalu, and telvanni treasuries, valuts, and records or when you're in mournhold stealing the artifacts you sold to the museum or from the craftsmens hall

• 2 weeks later...
This is all wrong. Telekinesis in Oblivion is a lot different to what it was in Morrowind. I'm having problems with it myself though so I can't really help. Although the manual does say that you choose which object to cast it on, then use the left of right triggers (attack and block on the 360 version) to bring the object closer or farther away from you).

If you look that's because this is about Telekinesis in Morrowind, not Oblivion, hence the reason it's posted in the Morrowind forums. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived