Question about Skyre's "assassinate" perk

monsieurpooh

In Skyre, there is a perk "assassinate" at sneak level 130 that says if you're "behind a humanoid target" you can instantly kill it with a dagger. It did not specify the player has to be "undetected" at that time.

I am wondering if it's possible to use this perk during combat, such as when the enemy is attacking your follower or companion, and you run behind and stab them to kill them even though you are detected? Or do you have to be hidden the whole time?

If you have to be hidden to use assassinate, doesn't it make it a completely useless perk in light of the fact that one can just use lower level perks "knockout" and "last breath" in succession to accomplish the same exact thing?

The name alone in a game world usually implies stealth. The fact you need to have your sneak skill at 130 before even being able to get the perk should also answer your question. As for useless if you are playing a stealth character that is the best perk you can get if you are fighting in the open so much that you find an instant stealth kill skill useless I'm amazed you got sneak to 130, ( have hundreds of hours using sneak and highest sneak skill I had was 127). The skill you want is "silent warmonger" stealth bonus on target already in combat.

1. not useless it can even be considered over powered although in real life it would be instant death

2. Sneak 130 to get perk the skill is similar to "sneak tools mod" where yes stealth was needed. ( but note I have yet to reach the Skyre version so please take this as my opinion) at 120 sneak atm again so will know soon enough.

3. knock out perk they usually wake up pretty fast for me I mean within seconds so unless my game is just bugged the two skills would be nowhere near the same.

• 2 months later...

Want to know this too, it's still not answered, adammcbane is just guessing about how it could be.

If assassinate would work like "Throat Slitting" of SneakTools, but without the requirement to be hidden, i could use SneakTools for hidden actions and skill assassinate from skyre for combat attacks.

Would be a perfect addition to the combat system!