mayconrf

Hey guys I've started getting a new error on skyrim launcher yesterday that you've probably already heard about.

I was playing normally when I got a "black screen of death" on my pc for the first time, so i started looking for answers and kinda of find it. But when I was about to test it out, Skyrim came up with that "failure to render resolution" problem, so I opened the launcher to find that there was nothing on Data Files nor Fullscreen Resolutions on Options menu.

So I started googling and tried like... EVERY POTENTIAL FIX THAT I'VE FOUND ON THE INTERNET!!!!!!

over eight hours trying to solve this and nothing... though I did found that my mods not showing on the Data Files were a registry key problem and I fixed. However no matter what I do, I can't find a way for Skyrim Launcher to start recognizing my screen resolution again, so that's it.

(Sorry for any bad english, since it's not my first language)

oh... also i use an AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series - and yes my drivers are updated - and yes i've changed everything i could on those Skyrim and two others SkyrimPrefs files.

Try changing the resolution via the INI. If that doesn't work try verifying the game files with steam.

• 6 months later...