Alduin left so should Dragons?

Dorito237

Ok so everyone knows of how when Alduin was sent away with an elder scroll right. When that happened all the dragons dissapeared( except paarthanax i think ). So When you are the dragonborn go to kill alduin and you finally deafeat him, lore wise shouldn't They leave again or just tamriel and return to Akatosh or something. Please help me with this!

Nope. Dragons evidently DID NOT disappear with Alduin, the Battle at the Throat of the World only ended the reign of dragons over mankind. Think of how the Akaviri came to Tamriel to search for a new Dragonborn who'd aid them in their genocide against the remaining dragons.

There's also a book about what became of dragons after Alduin's defeat, but I can't think of the name.

The dragons most certainly stayed around after Alduin was banished, I don't see why the case would be any different here (unless the Dragonborn makes it his personal mission to slay every single dragon, and even then the chances of a few surviving are pretty decent). Its just that most were "slain" soon afterward, leaving a long period of time where they were almost never seen. There were a few cases of sighted dragons between then and the Fourth Era, even one in the Playstation game "Redguard," which takes place in 2E.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dragons might have some more information on the subject. It seems pretty likely that the period after the Main Quest is complete will be pretty similar to how things were the first time Alduin was taken care of.

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, like everyone else was saying, the dragons didn't disappear when alduin was defeated the first time. Remember, the Elder Scroll didn't kill him, it just sent him forward in time.

After that, the rest of the dragons split up to fight each other for territory, and Paarthurnax stayed at the Throat of the World.

Plus, remember Durnehviir, the dragon you meet in the soul cairn during the DawnGuard DLC, he was around way after Alduins defeat.

Nope, like everyone else was saying, the dragons didn't disappear when alduin was defeated the first time. Remember, the Elder Scroll didn't kill him, it just sent him forward in time.

Technically you don't kill him either. You just banish him. Alduin is a fundamental part of Mundus, there is only one thing which can kill him. Numidium.

Technically you don't kill him either. You just banish him. Alduin is a fundamental part of Mundus, there is only one thing which can kill him. Numidium.

What about Mantling him? No idea if he'd be "dead" but definitely separated from a big part of his power.

I think there's enough common ground to attempt that: Connection to Akatosh, mastery over the Voice, immortality...

Been thinking about doing a playthrough where a "good" character recognizes this as the only way to prevent Alduin from destroying the world in the end, and from thereon tries to mimick his behaviour. Hey, we got mods to become High King of Skyrim (abandoning your actual destiny in favor of Power and Authority over the mortals) and turn yourself into a dragon, so I got that working for me, I guess.

• 1 month later...