Fallout new vegas

evilmicevil

as you may or may not know a new fallout is coming out later this year that willl send us to my favorite place in the whole world VEGAS!! only all the hookers cigars and black jack tables are way gone.

just thought i'd ask everyone what they were hoping for in a new fallout

I hope they add Tommy gun that is held by the fore grip.. Ohh boy that’d be cool

what do you hope for?

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice its good to hear from all of you guys, i hope myself that the game is modable, ohh and i hope they make a big super duper mart. i always live there in fallout

It should deffinatly be modable, considering it is the same engine and was made with the same development tools and everthing. I would assume that the exact same GECK would work, but you would just have to load "NewVegas.esm" as opposed to 'Fallout.esm".

But, that is just speculation on my part, so don't take it as anything more than that. I have no more information on the game than you do.

What I am hopeing, is that I finish my mod by the time New Vegas comes out, and I can quicklly transfer it over to New Vegas and have my mod out while the game is still new and popular (as opposed to what Fallout 3 is like right now)

Because when it comes down to it, most of the work on my mod is Meshes and Textures, which should be easy enough to transfer over. Especially if the same .nif files work.

Well you seem to know what your talking about Tony, but i had heard is that it wasn’t going to be made by the same people as fallout 3, but it was going to have the same game play. and as we all know bethesda has a long history of making modable games. so that’s why i questioned if it was going to be modable

but one thing i worry about the game is that fallout 1 and 2 had a different feel then 3.

people in 1 and 2 didnt seem like wastelands to me, they seemed like sand people. like they had no culture from the old world in them. bethesda did a good job fixing this. i just hope that the culture in new Vegas is the same as fallout 3, ya know what i mean pal

ohh and lastly what’s this mod your working on? i really could use something new that’s neat in the fallout world

Well you seem to know what your talking about Tony, but i had heard is that it wasn’t going to be made by the same people as fallout 3, but it was going to have the same game play. and as we all know bethesda has a long history of making modable games. so that’s why i questioned if it was going to be modable

but one thing i worry about the game is that fallout 1 and 2 had a different feel then 3.

people in 1 and 2 didnt seem like wastelands to me, they seemed like sand people. like they had no culture from the old world in them. bethesda did a good job fixing this. i just hope that the culture in new Vegas is the same as fallout 3, ya know what i mean pal

ohh and lastly what’s this mod your working on? i really could use something new that’s neat in the fallout world

It is a different company, Obsidian to be exact (same people that made KOTOR 2 where Biowear made the origional)

But, Bethesda let them use the same development tools and game engine. I even remember hearing the guy at Obsidian mentioning the GECK once while talking about Fallout.

Obsidian does have a handful of people from the same Black Isle team that worked on the origional Fallout, so I could deffinatly see them haveing a close conection with those games, but that is speculation on my part as well.

But anyways, if I can pull off my mod, it has the potential to change the very way the game is played, from an RPG perspective that is. Well, it would at least negate the title "Lone Wander" that is. But as to not highjak this topic I will just give you a link.

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=150722&hl

But really, I am looking foward to haveing Fallout in the Southwest enstead of DC. Mostly because I have never been to DC or the Northeast, so I don't have as much to reference when I work on arcitecture for mods and the like. However, I was born in the Southwest and currently live in Phoenix, AZ, so I am very familiar with the kind of architecture and terrain and stuff goes on around Arizona and Nevada.

I am also a big fan of Wild West stuff, and it is a big influence on the way I make the post-war furniture and architecture of my mod. With New Vegas being out in Nevada, I can even pull off some adobe style buildings, which would absolutly not fit the Washington D.C. area.