Startup loading screen freeze?

I took a month and a half long hiatus from Oblivion because trying to increase the game's stability drove me insane. I'm trying to get back to it, but (surprise, surprise), there is yet another issue.

Literally the ONLY thing that I did since I last played a month and a half ago was:

- Used LOOT instead of BOSS. Supposedly, it's a better alternative. As far as I'm informed, it is.

- Installed Drop Lit Torches OBSE for my Deadly Reflex - Combat.esp since LOOT told me to.

- Cleaned ITMs LOOT told me to clean. Don't worry, I didn't clean anything I wasn't supposed to.

- Moved Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul.esp to the very bottom of my load order since it won't work unless it's under the Bashed Patch.

- Created a Based Patch.

That is it. I haven't changed or modified anything else. I have a feeling I know what the issue is, but I don't know how to fix it. Look at me load order.

My load order:

00  Oblivion.esm
01  All Natural Base.esm  [Version 1.34]
02  Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm  [Version 1.35Beta]
03  Mart's Monster Mod.esm  [Version 3.8b1]
04  Mart's Monster Mod for OOO.esm  [Version 0.9.9MB8b1]
05  Enhanced Daedric Invasion.esm
06  bookplacing.esm  [Version 1]
07  CM Partners.esm
08  Toaster Says Share v3.esm
09  HorseCombatMaster.esm
0A  Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp  [Version 3.4.5]
0B  UOPS Additional Changes.esp
0C  DLCShiveringIsles.esp
0D  Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp  [Version 1.5.3]
0E  USIPS Additional Changes.esp
0F  All Natural.esp  [Version 1.34]
10  All Natural - SI.esp  [Version 1.34]
11  All Natural - MMM Patch.esp  [Version 1.3]
12  Enhanced Water v2.0 HD.esp
13  Symphony of Violence.esp
14  Sounds of Cyrodiil.esp  [Version 1.1]
15  All Natural - Real Lights.esp  [Version 1.34]
16  300_Lore_Dialogue_Updated.esp
17  Book Jackets Oblivion.esp
18  Book Jackets Oblivion - BP.esp
19  Infinite Charge.esp  [Version 1.1]
1A  More Effective Enchantments.esp
1B  My Voice Extender.esp
1C  Enhanced Economy.esp  [Version 5.4.3]
1D  Crowded Cities 30.esp
1E  DropLitTorchOBSE.esp  [Version 2.4]
1F  kuerteeCleanUp.esp
20  Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul.esp  [Version 4.1]
21  DLCHorseArmor.esp
22  DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.8]
23  DLCOrrery.esp
24  DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.5]
25  DLCVileLair.esp
26  DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.9]
27  DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
28  DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.6]
29  DLCSpellTomes.esp
2A  DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.1]
2B  Armory of the Silver Dragon.esp
2C  Thieves Arsenal.esp
2D  DLCThievesDen.esp
2E  DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.11]
2F  DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp  [Version 1.0.11]
30  Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp  [Version 1.35Beta]
31  Alluring Potion Bottles v3.esp
32  Alluring Wine Bottles.esp
33  Mart's Monster Mod for OOO.esp  [Version 0.9.9MB8b1]
34  More Effective Enchantments MMM4OOO.esp
35  Mart's Monster Mod - Shivering Isles.esp  [Version 3.8b1]
36  Mart's Monster Mod - Additional Enemy NPC Vars.esp  [Version 3.8b1]
37  Mart's Monster Mod - Looting NPCs & Creatures.esp  [Version 3.8b1]
38  Mart's Monster Mod - Dungeons of MMM.esp  [Version 3.8b1]
39  Mart's Monster Mod - More Wilderness Life.esp  [Version 3.8b1]
3A  Mart's Monster Mod - More Passive Wildlife.esp  [Version 3.8b1]
3B  Mart's Monster Mod - Diverse WaterLife.esp  [Version 3.8b1]
3C  Imperial Furniture Renovated.esp
3D  Fighters Guild Quests.esp
3E  GoldenCrest.esp
3F  Kvatch Rebuilt.esp  [Version 3.0]
40  Tavern-Goers 2.esp
41  24HrArenaAliveV2.esp
42  24HrArenaAliveLow.esp
43  DLCFrostcrag.esp
44  DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.8]
45  Knights.esp
46  Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.1.3]
47  Mart's Monster Mod for OOO - Knights .esp  [Version 0.9.9MB8b1]
48  Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul - Knights of Nine.esp
49  MannimarcoRevisited.esp
4A  MannimarcoRevisitedOOO.esp  [Version 0.1]
4B  MannimarcoWardrobeChest.esp
4C  Enhanced Daedric Invasion.esp
4D  EDI - Aggression Fix.esp
4E  HUD Status Bars.esp  [Version 5.3.2]
4F  Enhanced Economy - House prices.esp  [Version 5.4.3]
50  Alternative Start by Robert Evrae.esp
51  EnchantmentMastery.esp
52  SetEssentialActors.esp
53  MidasSpells.esp
54  RenGuardOverhaul.esp
55  NO_Recoil_Stagger.esp
56  Mounted_Spellcasting_Deadly_Reflex_Compatible.esp
57  Oblivion XP.esp
58  CM Partners.esp
59  DKImperials.esp
5A  Toaster Says Share Faction Recruitment.esp
5B  not_recruit_companions.esp
5C  CM Partners Special NPCs.esp
5D  CM Partners NPC.esp
5E  CM Partners More NPCs.esp
5F  CM Partners Extra NPCs.esp
60  1em_Vilja.esp  [Version 4.04]
61  1em_Vilja_as_High_Imperial.esp
62  CompanionMaster.esp
63  Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp  [Version 2.0]
64  All Spells Avalible for Enchanting and Spell Making.esp
65  MiniMap.esp
66  DeadlyReflex 6 - Combat Moves.esp
67  Deadly Reflex 6 - HeX NifSE Patch.esp
**  All Natural - Indoor Weather Filter For Mods.esp  [Version 1.34]
68  Bashed Patch, 0.esp
----> Delinquent MASTER: SnusDungeons.esp
----> Delinquent MASTER: Vampire Revolution.esp
69  Purger.esp
6A  clone.esp
6B  Summon Oblivion Gate v08d.esp
6C  SnusDungeons.esp
6D  SnusDungeons - OOO patch.esp
6E  Auto Repair and Auto Recharge Ring.esp
6F  Vampire Revolution.esp  [Version v1.0]
70  Free Enchanting And Spellmaking-OBSE.esp

What are delingquest masters? And why are they pointing at SnusDungeons.esp and Vampire Revolution?

I had written a really big post explaining you why you were crashing, then I realized that these were wasted words after I saw that you do not check readmes.

Also, time ago you asked me with which mods you should have subbed reneer guard overhaul, and I see like my words were basically overlooked :)

Then I said myself, this guy is probably a skyrim user, throwing everything inside the game hope it sorts out. And it turns out I was right.

Edited by Sergio1992

"Delinquent Master" errors means there's files which require other files (masters) to work but those other files were not loaded before them, or at all.

It is rather obvious from your load order that it's your "bashed patch" requiring said mods, but they are only loaded "after" it, further down the list. This is due to ordering it with LOOT instead of BOSS and them not being recognized anymore, maybe, or you messed it up yourself by manually misplacing them there.

No matter what, they need to go back "above" the bashed patch again, for one, and for two you "always", without any exception ever, have to "recompile" your bashed patch "every single time" you altered something in or about your load order. Had you recompiled it after your last change to the order, for example, you wouldn't have this "missing master" death-note scenario now, as these wouldn't be masters of the bashed patch anymore.

A sure-fire sign for a "missing master" disaster in your load order is exactly what you describe above, the game not getting past the Bethesda logo screen at the startup.

@Sergio1992: I know it's a tough job sometimes, trying to help people the best you can only to be ignored in the end, but cut down on the hostility a little, ok?

@Sergio1992: I know it's a tough job sometimes, trying to help people the best you can only to be ignored in the end, but cut down on the hostility a little, ok?

No hostility, I just made the post to remind myself that I shouldn't help random people on the .net because it's wasted time :D

I had written a really big post explaining you why you were crashing, then I realized that these were wasted words after I saw that you do not check readmes.

Also, time ago you asked me with which mods you should have subbed reneer guard overhaul, and I see like my words were basically overlooked :smile:

Then I said myself, this guy is probably a skyrim user, throwing everything inside the game hope it sorts out. And it turns out I was right.

Actually, I didn't overlook your words. I tried the mod but the guards were freaking out on me for no reason at all with the mod installed, so I just reinstalled Reneers again.

I'll just ignore that last line. I have no intentions of fighting obvious hostility with even more hostility.

"Delinquent Master" errors means there's files which require other files (masters) to work but those other files were not loaded before them, or at all.

It is rather obvious from your load order that it's your "bashed patch" requiring said mods, but they are only loaded "after" it, further down the list. This is due to ordering it with LOOT instead of BOSS and them not being recognized anymore, maybe, or you messed it up yourself by manually misplacing them there.

No matter what, they need to go back "above" the bashed patch again, for one, and for two you "always", without any exception ever, have to "recompile" your bashed patch "every single time" you altered something in or about your load order. Had you recompiled it after your last change to the order, for example, you wouldn't have this "missing master" death-note scenario now, as these wouldn't be masters of the bashed patch anymore.

A sure-fire sign for a "missing master" disaster in your load order is exactly what you describe above, the game not getting past the Bethesda logo screen at the startup.

You're right, it was LOOT. After reusing BOSS again, it was okay.

I apologize to both of you. I have ADHD so I generally either rely on other people or BOSS/LOOT for my load order. It's impossible for me to sit through and read long things and tweak them them bit by bit, so I honestly don't try anymore.

By the way, do you recommend that I don't use LOOT anymore? Works fine for Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Skyrim. Oblivion is the only one that has issues.

I apologize to both of you. I have ADHD so I generally either rely on other people or BOSS/LOOT for my load order. It's impossible for me to sit through and read long things and tweak them them bit by bit, so I honestly don't try anymore.

By the way, do you recommend that I don't use LOOT anymore? Works fine for Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Skyrim. Oblivion is the only one that has issues.

There's no need to apologize, never to me at least, unless one purposefully insulted me, which you didn't do, and even then it's hard to succeed with it over internet forum postings alone.

Well, if Oblivion's the only one LOOT seems to have issues with, then just don't use it to sort your Oblivion mods and stick with BOSS for Oblivion until this changes. If the others work absolutely fine with it, keep using it for these.

BOSS will likely be discontinued after LOOT's an established successor, so it'd be unwise to suggest sticking with BOSS and ignoring LOOT in general. One day BOSS won't be able to sort the latest mods correctly anymore, as its developers went on and concentrated on fine-tuning and improving LOOT instead. As I see it it's a project under development. Give it some time and there's a good chance it'll work for Oblivion as well one day. For as long as not, there's still BOSS.

Ah well, so you read stuff. Actually I could help you.

It wasn't loot. The truth is that you run Loot after you made the bashed patch. It isn't supposed to work like that. You have to run it only before. Loot actually checks for the record of every mod you've got, and then it sorts your stuff. If you import stuff inside the bashed patch, Loot will just go crazy - and you will have the delinquent masters problem because your bashed patch is searching for stuff that should be before it but actually is right after, because Loot thinks that the bashed patch must go before all these mods.

My tips:

1- You have to read the readmes. You are just throwing stuff into oblivion - no wonders you crash a lot. The time you are using to troubleshoot your problems wouldn't be wasted if you would be reading them.

2- You don't need both of these. You just need the Mart's monster mod.

47 Mart's Monster Mod for OOO - Knights .esp [Version 0.9.9MB8b1]

48 Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul - Knights of Nine.esp

3- You have to use only ONE of these:

41 24HrArenaAliveV2.esp

42 24HrArenaAliveLow.esp

4- I'm not exactly sure if you should have both of these:
17 Book Jackets Oblivion.esp
18 Book Jackets Oblivion - BP.esp

5- You should avoid using
4C Enhanced Daedric Invasion.esp
4D EDI - Aggression Fix.esp

The mod is seriously bugged. And I mean seriously.

6- Where did you find Mannimarco wardrobe chest?

Edited by Sergio1992

Ah well, so you read stuff. Actually I could help you.

It wasn't loot. The truth is that you run Loot after you made the bashed patch. It isn't supposed to work like that. You have to run it only before. Loot actually checks for the record of every mod you've got, and then it sorts your stuff. If you import stuff inside the bashed patch, Loot will just go crazy - and you will have the delinquent masters problem because your bashed patch is searching for stuff that should be before it but actually is right after, because Loot thinks that the bashed patch must go before all these mods.

My tips:

1- You have to read the readmes. You are just throwing stuff into oblivion - no wonders you crash a lot. The time you are using to troubleshoot your problems wouldn't be wasted if you would be reading them.

2- You don't need both of these. You just need the Mart's monster mod.

48 Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul - Knights of Nine.esp

3- You have to use only ONE of these:

41 24HrArenaAliveV2.esp

42 24HrArenaAliveLow.esp

4- I'm not exactly sure if you should have both of these:

17 Book Jackets Oblivion.esp

18 Book Jackets Oblivion - BP.esp

5- You should avoid using

4C Enhanced Daedric Invasion.esp

4D EDI - Aggression Fix.esp

The mod is seriously bugged. And I mean seriously.

6- Where did you find Mannimarco wardrobe chest?

1) I think I can try to read the readme. However, like I said, I have ADHD. If I see a readme as long as Deadly Reflex, then I'll probably burst my brain before I can read through the whole thing. Also as I side note, I'm pretty sure I used LOOT before I rebuilt my Bashed Patch. I'll try again and get back to you.

2) You mean use either .esp or don't use either?

3) Thanks for the info. Fixed.

4) I'll find out and get back to you.

5) A shame. The lame Daedric Invasion was something I hoped to fix to make it seem more sinister. Do you have any other alternatives?

6) The Mannimarco wardrobe chest was from the main file of "Mannimarco Revisited". Great mod.

EDIT: I can say now for certain that even before rebuilding the Bashed Patch, the game still freezes at the loading screen when using LOOT. I guess I'll stick with BOSS for now.

Edited by GunnerofLife

1- ;)
2- Sorry, I wasn't clear. I mean, that you have just to have the following esp:

3) you are welcome

4) Thank you

5) There should be a mod made by David gaider that attempts to do something similar to Edi, if I remember well, but I'm not able to find it now:

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/users/1139939/?tb=mods&pUp=1

6) kk - that mod is too scripted for my taste. I've tried it once but I didn't enjoy how it was.