Hello everyone,

I was just thinking that both of the options for the civil war quest kinda suck, and I was looking for a third option mod, but couldn't seem to find one. So I was thinking...

I don't like the Imperials because they didn't/haven't fought back against the thalmor, and its a universal fact that everyone hates the thalmor, and Legate Ricke is annoying. I know there is speculation that they were going to fight the thalmor before Ulfric killed the high king, and him doing so caused them to loose skyrim's support and become too week to do so, but once you play through the civil war as an imperial, they don't do anything. Perhaps its gonna be in a later elderscrolls game, I dunno.

I'm not a big fan of the stormcloaks because they are a bunch of racist pigs, and all of their generals (but not Ulfric, surprisingly) are nazis. I think Ulfric should be the rightful high king, according to skyrim tradition, but I don't like his regime.

Which made me think that a third option would be great. Perhaps you could start your own campaign for High King, gather your own supporters, and take on and defeat the imperials AND the stormcloaks. Then maybe even wipe the thalmor off of skyrim as well.

There is already a mod that lets you "become the high king" but that doesn't effect the civil war quest line. However, it is really well done, but just needs some voice acting. Perhaps if someone could get the mod author's permission (if needed) to use that as a resource to incorporate the civil war and thalmor factions in as well, that could work. Or, someone could just start from scratch, and do it however they want.

I'm not a big fan of the stormcloaks because they are a bunch of racist pigs, and all of their generals (but not Ulfric, surprisingly) are nazis. I think Ulfric should be the rightful high king, according to skyrim tradition, but I don't like his regime.

You clearly haven't read any of the lore, talked to any NPCs, or investigated the sociology of Windhelm. The Stormcloaks are not racist at all and neither Ulfric nor his generals show any signs of this dogmatic "Nord supremacy" wimperials love to blather on about. In addition, comparing the attitudes of fake characters in a fake universe to one of the worst monstrosities of humankind completely trivializes the horrible experiences the victims of the Third Reich actually went through.

Become the High King of Skyrim doesn't have a civil war questline of its own per se, but it would allow you to get a group of followers to act as your army and sweep across the countryside to wipe out town guards. You might be able to replace them with your own, but I haven't used that mod in a long time and am not sure what features like that it offers.

As niceguy mentioned, there's also the temporary ceasefire you can arrange during Season Unending, but it's implied that it will only last until the dragon crisis is over, meaning conflict continues once Alduin is defeated.

Lol, clearly somebody loves the stormcloaks. And actually, I have 700+ hours logged into skyim. "Skyrim is for the Nords" definitely doesn't imply any sort of Nordic Supremecy. Its also definitely not obvious that the stormcloaks want an all Nord skyrim (kinda like the Nazi's wanted an all Arian Germany, but hey, thats clearly not a legitemate comparison). Granted, the Stormcloaks aren't going around committing mass genocide of all other races, and if that's what you thought I was talking about earlier, then I apologize for not being clear enough. My intention was not to in any way to trivialize the experiences of holocaust victims.

Anyway, I know about the ceasefire agreement, but that doesn't really resolve the civil war. Like you said, it continues after alduin is defeated. I was looking more for a mod that lets you raise an actual army, not random citizens, and kill the stormcloaks and imperials. Perhaps by adding a new faction in the game that would spawn its own random warriors and create different locations outside all of the stormcloak and imperial camps that could serve as a base for invasion. The code for the stormcloak and imperial camps would have to be changed a little bit to stop them from respawning soldiers, and eventually tullius and ulfric would have to be faced down and killed, and maybe even elynwen after the main quest is completed

The line is "Skyrim belongs to the Nords," not "Skyrim is for the Nords" - wimperials love to make this subtle change that drastically alters the semantics. It's not an ethnocentric demand, but a battle cry for independence just like their other one, "Death to the empire." They want to rule themselves and be free of the corrupt bureaucracy the empire has become, not kick everyone out who doesn't look like them.

Windhelm has plenty of Altmer and Imperials living perfectly normal lives because they were willing to work hard and integrate themselves into society, unlike the Dunmer refugees who sit on their hands after 200 years of Nordic hospitality. Don't accuse Stormcloaks of having a racist agenda just because of your social justice tunnel vision and subconscious desire to link a video game population that happens to be white to real-life Germanic races.

You would think after nearly three years the people playing this game would have some common sense or know a bit about the lore.

You know, that wasn't even the main point of the post. I was requesting a mod, and rather than actually posting anything useful, you just post biased crap that's really not even relevant. I don't have a subconscious desire to link Nords to Germans, I was merely making an opinion based on an observation.

You opened the can of worms by explaining your stance against the Empire with legitimate observations but making no argument against the Stormcloaks besides dime-a-dozen "hurr durr racist" ignorance. When you make unnecessary and unfounded insults against something people are passionate about, they tend to be a bit offended. And yes, it's relevant because you listed that as your reason for making this request in the first place. If you were willing to educate yourself about what the factions represent and what their goals are instead of clinging to misinformation and propaganda, it may impact what your goals for modding the game are, or eliminate your want for this particular mod altogether.

Unfortunately, the minds of the indoctrinated are rarely open to change, and other people would probably find a mod like this useful as well. I can't help you there. Best of luck.

Ok, sorry if "I don't like his regime" isn't a good enough reason for you for me to not like the stormcloaks. It is for me though. And are you saying I'm indoctrinated? If so, then how? And by whom? A video game? And also, why even post if you can't even make the mod? Just to start an argument because you feel so strongly about the stormcloaks? If so then you should really pick more meaningful fights...