• 5 months later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Running: ConfigureToolset.exe

Win32 Game Build: C:\Program Files\Dragon Age

Clicking next at this point pops up...

The directory can not be a system folder.

Please select a local hard drive path.

Changing that path to anything else just tosses up...

Location of game build either not specified or the update program was never run to copy the build onto your computer.

Run the toolset configuration program and verify your settings or search the toolset wiki...

I've uninstalled/reinstalled the toolset a couple times and the database is setup fully correct. It just can't locate the game build. Honestly I'm getting annoyed enough I'm about ready to take a hammer to the computer until I beat it into submission or a pile of broken parts.

EDIT: Just did a fresh clean install and I'm still not able to set the games install folder on the configure tool

That's about the installation of the toolset. For me everything is fully installed I just can't get it to configure properly. Tried safe mode and a fresh install a couple times. On top of reinstalling the toolset a few more times as well. It's forcing itself to believe the dragon age folder is a system folder and I can't seem to find a way to make it stop it.

YES! I am a golden god.

Okay anyways If anybody ever has the trouble I was having with the toolset.. To be precise the ConfigureToolSet tool.

"You can't set C:/Program Files/Dragon Age because it's a system folder" error there is an easy fix to this with a very small download.

Febooti filetweak program allows you to manually set about 10-11 different attribes onto a folder or file. TO be even more precise it allows you the option of removing a "system folder" flag.

• 6 months later...

Now back in the MSSQL server management studio, right click on the "bw_dragonage_content" DB you created earlier, and go to "Tasks->Restore->Database...". Under "Source for restore", select "From device:", and click the "..." button on that line. Set "Backup media" to "File", then click the "Add" button. Browse to your DA:O install path (i.e. C:\Program Files\BioWare\Dragon Age, or wherever you have it installed), then go to the "tools->dbbak" folder. Select the "bw_dragonage_content.bak" file, then hit "Ok", and then "Ok" again. This should add the DB backup set to the list window at the bottom. Put a checkmark in the box in the "Restore" column, then click "Ok". It will execute the restore to load the toolset data. Once finished, you should be able to see some tables under Databases->bw_dragonage_content->Tables, like "dbo.t_Area", etc. This means the toolset DB has been loaded properly. You can now exit the management console.

Also, make sure to click on the "options" thing on the left hand side of the window. Once there, check the REPLACE WITH box - this overwrites the existing database with the one from the Dragon Age folder. I kept getting a retarded error keeping me from finishing this step. Do everything stated by nezroy, then do what I said, THEN hit ok.

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...

nezroy: seriously, you f***ing rock!!

I was so lost after like 3 continued installs, uninstalls and re-installs of the whole thing, untill I found this. Just followed your guide exactly as you wrote, and used the links you put, and everything just worked PERFECTLY. I love you so much!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...