Toolset HELP! required

Corehound

Fookin shat! I thought I'd never get the toolset running. Followed the instructions and for the most part it went without a hitch. I got a few more errors, but that's what a search engine is for. I really thought it was a exercise in futility, but it worked. Yes, massive thread necro, but the dude still deserves props as Im sure others will benefit.

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nezroy is a genius. Seriously. That post of his should be pinned somewhere as official guide for Toolset installation.

Just a little update for Windows 10 users - to reduce possible headache that I had until I figured it out:

You have to install Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio as a separate app, and MS SQL 2017 will do just fine instead of 2008.

Every other step from nezroy's post is solid.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Thank you, Nezroy, Katarsi, and ATLPunk86!!! The world is a better place because you're in it :D Much love to you all!! <3

Just a quick note: For whatever reason, while setting the compatibility, "SQL Server 2005 (90)", wasn't an option, so I chose 2008 instead and it worked just fine :smile:

• 6 months later...

nezroy is a genius. Seriously. That post of his should be pinned somewhere as official guide for Toolset installation.

Just a little update for Windows 10 users - to reduce possible headache that I had until I figured it out:

You have to install Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio as a separate app, and MS SQL 2017 will do just fine instead of 2008.

Hey,

I did all the steps as instructed and used SQL 2017 but when I try to restore the Database, this message pops up:

//Restore of database 'bw_dragonage_content' failed. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.RelationalEngineTasks)
------------------------------
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlError: The backup set holds a backup of a database other than the existing 'bw_dragonage_content' database. (Microsoft.SqlServer.SmoExtended)\\
Has anybody any idea about this?
Edit: I got it. You have to overwrite the existing database.
Edited by teabee2630

• 3 months later...

Hey,

I did all the steps as instructed and used SQL 2017 but when I try to restore the Database, this message pops up:

//Restore of database 'bw_dragonage_content' failed. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.RelationalEngineTasks)
------------------------------
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlError: The backup set holds a backup of a database other than the existing 'bw_dragonage_content' database. (Microsoft.SqlServer.SmoExtended)\\
Has anybody any idea about this?
Edit: I got it. You have to overwrite the existing database.

How did you manage that? I have the same error and reinstalled everything again and again. Were can I find this option?