I love it! If you need someone to help with interiors I can attempt to get the old fallout 3 geck working. I'm helping a few other people with their new Vegas mods as well as my own. But I'm sure I can find time.

I love it! If you need someone to help with interiors I can attempt to get the old fallout 3 geck working. I'm helping a few other people with their new Vegas mods as well as my own. But I'm sure I can find time.

Yeah mate, this is a mammoth task i'm trying to do here i'll take all the help I can get, nice one! Hows ur Evergreen Project mod coming along btw?

I've hit the point where I realize I'm doing a little to much. So I've hit a bit of a dead spot and have had to start over. I've finished the story though. I've begun working in other projects in the meantime to hone my nodding skills.

I've hit the point where I realize I'm doing a little to much. So I've hit a bit of a dead spot and have had to start over. I've finished the story though. I've begun working in other projects in the meantime to hone my nodding skills.

Nice, looking forward to when that comes out then. Funny enough I was originally intending to make this a fairly small mod and may start off that way but now its become expansive steadily growing, i think its just natural progression. If u need any help on yours let me aswell

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Your signature link brought me here, ... of course, you have to be logged in to see anyone's signature, but there you have it.

No criticism, but feedback and suggestions, yes. It is certainly an ambitious undertaking and when finished should be quite an awesome adventure.

For a large military base, it depends on the branch of service:

For the Army, it would be Fort Bragg as it spans 251 square miles and four counties in North Carolina. It is also the largest military base in the world which is spread across 214,968 acres of land and with the population of 217,003 military personnel. Several airborne units of the U.S. Army are stationed at Fort Bragg, notably the XVIII Airborne Corps HQ, the 82nd Airborne Division, and the United States Army Special Operations Command (USASOC).*

For the Air Force on the east coast, it would be Eglin Air Force Base (AFB) located approximately 3 miles southwest of Valparaiso, Florida. The base covers 463,128 acres (1,874.2 km²), and is one of the few military air bases in the U.S. to have scheduled passenger airline service as the Northwest Florida Regional Airport (VPS) is co-located on the base property.*

For the nearest large AFB near DC that would be Dover AFB, located 2 miles southeast of the city of Dover, Delaware. The base has a total area of 0.7 square miles (1.7 km²), all of it land.*

For the Navy, Naval Station Norfolk in Norfolk Virginia occupies about four miles (6 km) of waterfront space and seven miles (11 km) of pier and wharf space of the Hampton Roads peninsula known as Sewell's Point. It is the world's largest naval station, supporting 75 ships and 134 aircraft alongside 14 piers and 11 aircraft hangars, and houses the largest concentration of U.S. Navy forces.*

For the Marine Corps, Camp Lejeune, is a 246-square-mile United States military training facility in Jacksonville, North Carolina. The base's 14 miles (23 km) of beaches make it a major area for amphibious assault training, and its location between two deep-water ports (Wilmington and Morehead City) allows for fast deployments.*

* from source material found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/

So I am guessing that the huge military base would be, ... Fort Bragg? home of the 82nd Airborne Division?

Another consideration? : Greenbrier Bunker, USA. "It was originally called project Green Island and was designed as a full scale bunker complex located under the luxury hotel the Greenbrier.

The bunker was a secret and remained fully serviced and operational from 1959-1992 when a Washington Post reporter exposed it. The bunker was large enough to hold all of Congress, both houses and staff for over a year or more." -source and http://www.coldwarcomms.org/greenbrier/greenbrier.html

Are you using original Real Life Insignias? I Like the Chemical Corps design and they will certainly add to the immersion. So would Real military organizational designations and abbreviations, which even the writers a Bethesda got wrong.

New world spaces? Awesome. Earning Rank in a military organization? Very cool idea for Fallout 3. The player may have to get his hair cut for boot though, ... :tongue: for female players it is different.

A black ops mission running for 200+ years? could be scary in its implications, but not as scary as the Top Sarge looks, ... reminds me of my boot days, ... :ohmy:

Your signature link brought me here, ... of course, you have to be logged in to see anyone's signature, but there you have it.

No criticism, but feedback and suggestions, yes. It is certainly an ambitious undertaking and when finished should be quite an awesome adventure.

For a large military base, it depends on the branch of service:

For the Army, it would be Fort Bragg as it spans 251 square miles and four counties in North Carolina. It is also the largest military base in the world which is spread across 214,968 acres of land and with the population of 217,003 military personnel. Several airborne units of the U.S. Army are stationed at Fort Bragg, notably the XVIII Airborne Corps HQ, the 82nd Airborne Division, and the United States Army Special Operations Command (USASOC).*

For the Air Force on the east coast, it would be Eglin Air Force Base (AFB) located approximately 3 miles southwest of Valparaiso, Florida. The base covers 463,128 acres (1,874.2 km²), and is one of the few military air bases in the U.S. to have scheduled passenger airline service as the Northwest Florida Regional Airport (VPS) is co-located on the base property.*

For the nearest large AFB near DC that would be Dover AFB, located 2 miles southeast of the city of Dover, Delaware. The base has a total area of 0.7 square miles (1.7 km²), all of it land.*

For the Navy, Naval Station Norfolk in Norfolk Virginia occupies about four miles (6 km) of waterfront space and seven miles (11 km) of pier and wharf space of the Hampton Roads peninsula known as Sewell's Point. It is the world's largest naval station, supporting 75 ships and 134 aircraft alongside 14 piers and 11 aircraft hangars, and houses the largest concentration of U.S. Navy forces.*

For the Marine Corps, Camp Lejeune, is a 246-square-mile United States military training facility in Jacksonville, North Carolina. The base's 14 miles (23 km) of beaches make it a major area for amphibious assault training, and its location between two deep-water ports (Wilmington and Morehead City) allows for fast deployments.*

* from source material found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/

So I am guessing that the huge military base would be, ... Fort Bragg? home of the 82nd Airborne Division?

Another consideration? : Greenbrier Bunker, USA. "It was originally called project Green Island and was designed as a full scale bunker complex located under the luxury hotel the Greenbrier.

The bunker was a secret and remained fully serviced and operational from 1959-1992 when a Washington Post reporter exposed it. The bunker was large enough to hold all of Congress, both houses and staff for over a year or more." -source and http://www.coldwarcomms.org/greenbrier/greenbrier.html

Are you using original Real Life Insignias? I Like the Chemical Corps design and they will certainly add to the immersion. So would Real military organizational designations and abbreviations, which even the writers a Bethesda got wrong.

New world spaces? Awesome. Earning Rank in a military organization? Very cool idea for Fallout 3. The player may have to get his hair cut for boot though, ... :tongue: for female players it is different.

A black ops mission running for 200+ years? could be scary in its implications, but not as scary as the Top Sarge looks, ... reminds me of my boot days, ... :ohmy:

Thanks for this, I appreciate your input !

The large underground military bunker is actually Mount Weather, a FEMA facility west of Dulles Airport. I'll be looking into several of the bases u mentioned, Greenbrier sounds like an ideal location as does Dover and Camp Lejeune.

Fort Bragg is being used for another mod dealing with the post war U.S military, and they have contacted me about a possible cross over / acknowlegment of eachothers mods so i'm gonna leave Fort Bragg to them, although I did think of it as potential location earlier in the project.

I'll also be using Fort Detrick near Baltimore and trying to feature a part of the city as well, depending on time contraints etc.

I will be using real insignias in this, although I am taking into account the divergent timeline of Fallout to our timeline, such as implementing the Strategic Air Command which existed in Fallout beyond the 90's.

The Chemical Corps are already in Fallout after the war as they are part of The Enclave, as are the Secret Service so they will be featuring in the mod. I will be using their real insignias though.

I'm aware that a lot of people on here are ex servicemen so i'm trying to keep this as real as possible.

Bit like Operation Anchorage, ppl refer to it as Army training but the nature of those mission were more like Marine Corps training, going in and capturing targets etc. I'll be using the correct ranks for each branch of the military also, such as Gunnery Sgt for Marines, Tech Sgt for Air Force, Ensign for Navy etc. Instead of the generic, Pvt, Sgt, Lt, Cpt. Also the soldiers will be ethnically diverse as well, just like in real life.

Also SPOILER ALERT Someone from OA will feature in this mod prominently also in the most lore friendly way possible which will be revealed through dialogue with the character(s).

Believe me this will be dark themed, not just an Uncle Sam comes in to save the day mod, although there will be plenty of that going on. The players will be getting their hair cut, although not in the earlier versions as i'm not sure that would sit well with a lot of ppl playing it. My character always has either a buzzsaw or buzzcut anyways. The ranks would go up depending on missions and time spent in game, u get promoted after the first chapter and paid. Plus theres an interesting mission I have planned, given that the soldiers need money too. Dnt want to say too much on every feature I want to do but this should be immersive I hope in the later versions of it.

Also hows AQFH going. I read that Codename Icarus and AQFH 4 aint gonna happen now, if thats accurate then its a damn shame! I just completed AQFH 3 (which was the best one I think) 2 days ago. I hope it isnt politics getting in AC's way either!

Edited by Narmz