I will have to send a PM about the reasons why AQFH 4 will not continue as they are more of a personal nature, ... I am not entirely sure what will happen, but suffice to say that everything is now on "indefinite hold/cancel". AC may or may not return, but for now? not.

Interesting choice, Ft. Detrich, ... they did bio-weapons research there at one time.

I imagine a lot of thought will have to go into what was obliterated and what survived "The Great War".

Fallout Canon does not really say too much about what types of weapons were predominately used, bombers or missiles or both? It mentions in passing that both were used, but what types of defenses existed in that timeline of 2077?

I would think that with energy weapon designs, very few Bombers would get through on a first strike, and missiles more than likely were the first strike weapons of choice, but they too would be vulnerable to energy weapon technology, ... ah! this is too confusing.

It is a really screwy alternate reality to be sure, as the only bomber relics you find are the B-29 Superfortress and the fighters are the old Lockheed P-80 Shooting Star variants. Perhaps all the new stuff got used up in the war and only the museum pieces survived?

Vertibirds, ... odd. They could be from the Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey designs?

The defunct Van Buren Project mentioned the use of the B.O.M.B. orbital platform as a contributing reason for the war (besides fossil fuel shortages), ... but?

Well, you can certainly get lost trying to make sense of what happened in that alternate world. Starting small and accumulating as you go is a good way to experiment with what works and what doesn't.

Got ur PM!

Fort Detrich would make a good Chemical Corps base. I'm also making use of the Naval Research Institute (Fallout version of Naval Research Lab) via Horace Pinkerton would add more to the military science division.

I wonder what survived and what didnt, Area 51-Dreamland-Site S4 should all be there as they are underground and heavily fortified with black budget weaponry.

The Whitehouse took a hit but Capitol Building still stands (which I will be using very much so).

If Mr House, a civilian, could shoot down Nukes then I dont see why the U.S military couldnt, and I'm under the impression that the military had access to much more advanced technology than what Robco or Repconn could provide. Also I dont believe that in the entire U.S, the only military survivors are on the west coast, which apartently got hit b4 the rest of America. I think you could be right about the Air Force also, and only relics are found as they were not on the front line when everything went to s#*!.

Vertibirds are based off the Osprey V-22, also those shitty R-91 Assault Rifles still being used dont make sense as the 82nd Airborne all had M4 Carbines, it seems that Obsidian stuck closer to real life tech than Bethesda, but both being the same lore it does allow for a little creative freedom.

The mod will start small and then progess into something epic I hope, especially at the later BETA stages which will allow me to get hold of ne equipment and re-write content if needed!