Grimoire - New spell package for role-playing

steelfeathers

I just realized that the illusion spell "Lucky Rabbit" isn't functioning as intended (for anyone who downloaded). I have to re-work how the detection event is cast so that your enemies will actually chase the rabbit. Oops. Please ignore it for right now.

Suggestion: shorten that script by using arrays. :smile:

Normally I would, but not all the different blessings are handled the same way. I can't think of how to use an array without making it even more screwy....if you have any ideas, let me know. I bow to your superior scripting knowledge.

Looks interesting, might have to give it a try!

Please do! I'd really appreciate hearing your feedback on the spells - what works, what doesn't work, what seems OP, etc.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks really interesting, and it's about time someone started making some more new spells. I would download it right now but one of your comments said you'd be putting out a beta version in a day or two. I always play with Skyre though and so I'm wondering if it would conflict? You said there's no perk changes so does that mean it'll probably be okay? Although I'm not sure about how you've added the extra effects to the vanilla spells and if there will be a conflict there. I'm excited for this though, and I'll probably test it out with skyre whenever you put up that beta, apologies if I missed some pertinent info on the original post.

This looks really interesting, and it's about time someone started making some more new spells. I would download it right now but one of your comments said you'd be putting out a beta version in a day or two. I always play with Skyre though and so I'm wondering if it would conflict? You said there's no perk changes so does that mean it'll probably be okay? Although I'm not sure about how you've added the extra effects to the vanilla spells and if there will be a conflict there. I'm excited for this though, and I'll probably test it out with skyre whenever you put up that beta, apologies if I missed some pertinent info on the original post.

This should be 100% compatible with Skyre. It's not designed for Skyre, so some things may be overpowered/underpowered, but you won't get crashes or anything like that.

The only vanilla spell edited is the Conjure Familiar spell. But if you have another mod that edits it too, that's okay - just put this mod lower in your load order if you want the other mod's change to the familiar spell. Again, no CTD's from this though. 99% of this mod is completely stand-alone (which makes it very compatible with other mods)

I've gotten Lucky Rabbit working, and good lord it's hilarious to see it in action. That wasn't my intention, but watching a horde of bandits run around after this tiny rabbit provided quite a few giggles last night. :D

Edited by steelfeathers

Two new spells to flesh out some of the missing areas:

Soul Fire (Restoration adept) > Cloaks the caster in holy flames for 60 seconds, doing 7 points of damage per second to undead in melee range. Boosts the fighting skills of nearby allies by 15.

Medusa's Stare (Alteration master) > On cast, gain the power to turn one target with less than 50% health permanently to stone by pressing z. Lasts 10 seconds.

And some pics!

http://i.imgur.com/5vqYvOr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/aPW81va.jpg

New beta version posted! It's been freshly cleaned with TES5edit, and is ready for testing.
http://bit.ly/1viQ1oj

Change log:
-Bone Servant, Devouring Wraith, and Call Gargoyle now benefit from the Dark Souls perk.
-Some minor visual effect changes
-Fixed casting issue with Rusting Curse and Withering Curse
-New Forest Curse FX, new Crystallize FX
-Added Diamond Plating (Alteration adept)
-Added Warmonger (Alteration expert)
-Added Dark Crystal (Scroll only)
-Added Daedric Blessing (scroll only) *This is a MAMMOTH spell. Like, 16 giant spells in one. If you like to play the game organically, you'll love finding out just what it does...
-Added Soul Fire (restoration adept)
-Added Medusa's Stare (alteration master)
-Fixed Bone Overlord, Centurion Automaton dialogue
-Fixed Lucky Rabbit
-Reworked psychic bond to make it less of a mess
-Bug-fixing... bug-fixing everywhere

Note: There are no blessings yet for Vaermina or Boethiah, but the rest are all there.

Edited by steelfeathers

Looks awesome! But the description is confusing: turn one target permanently to stone; lasts for 10 seconds? I would rather not have a permanent spell like that, but maybe one that lasts 2 hours would be nice haha.

No, it gives you a power that remains equipped for 10 seconds. The effect on the target is permanent, however.

I found that it was really, really hard to do a ritual spell that had to be aimed right at a target during combat - your opponent is usually circling around trying to kill you, so by the time the spell finishes winding up they are no longer in your cross-hairs. Instead, casting the spell equips a one-use power that you have 10 seconds to use.

Looks awesome! But the description is confusing: turn one target permanently to stone; lasts for 10 seconds? I would rather not have a permanent spell like that, but maybe one that lasts 2 hours would be nice haha.

No, it gives you a power that remains equipped for 10 seconds. The effect on the target is permanent, however.

I found that it was really, really hard to do a ritual spell that had to be aimed right at a target during combat - your opponent is usually circling around trying to kill you, so by the time the spell finishes winding up they are no longer in your cross-hairs. Instead, casting the spell equips a one-use power that you have 10 seconds to use.

Oh, it's a ritual spell. That explains a lot. Although, your download link isn't working.