chrishpz

Well I've always made it a point to thank a mod author whether I had problems with a mod or not. It's called courtesy. As far as popular mod authors that post regularly or not, I'm at a loss. I don't live in the forums, and I certainly don't have time or the inclination to follow what you think are "stupid questions". There's no such thing as a stupid question. Thank you JVD for your feedback, thank you but it's getting way out of scope of the topic of this thread.

"Of all the websites targeted toward Skyrim players, what is it you would like to see that's missing?"

I guess I have to spell this out. Would you like to see other kinds of mods, media files, or other forms of Skyrim based resources.

Can you name any popular mod authors that post regularly or at some point haven't gone into hiding because of these "black sheep" users?

Arthmoor has closed down his USKP thread at one point, Boris has refused to answer any more questions on his ENBoost page, Apollodown is getting their too.

Want an example? Go to the Immersive Armors forum and check the last page of comments. Then check out the readme at the top and see how many of those questions are pointless.

Everyone has got the perspective of a user cause there all users who respond, ask a popular mod author.

If all garbage mods get posted what screenshots, articles and feedback would their be?

Track a few of the popular mods and see the constant flow of stupid questions.

The fact that people rarely come back to say "great mod" rather they post when there's a problem.

That's why there should be option for mod authors to get help from other selected users to deal with maintaining organized support thread separated from general discussion. Just letting people trash each other will escalate to prolonged and vexing fight. Even if user gets banned on one account he still has means to reach you on different one or via other mails, forums.

It's always better to let someone that is most likely objective like nexus staff to handle those issues. You already have report button and users post can get hidden. Mod authors can also have a bad day and get irrational and ballistic, there need to be rules to keep things civil and clean. Besides most mods are not pg18 and nexus is partially responsible for this site content. You can't just use drastic measures, because you think it's good in some particular cases. You need to take everything into account find proper solutions. What you are saying sounds like lawyer's passionate speech in court how injustice should be punished, taking one side in order to influence outcome. Try standing aside and then judge the whole situation while abiding already established rules (they are there for a reason).

Being fair to both sides, to general user and authors is important in establishing healthy long lasting relationship. Nexus exist because of the mod authors, however users are the ones that support it. We have great servers to upload even the most tiny and extremely simple mods, advertisement for them and staff support. Nothing of that would exist without funds. It's an ecosystem that should not be obliterated. Lets just make it more comfortable for everyone.

Edit: Sorry Chris, I guess part of this conversation should be placed in separate topic. Maybe you should specify your question (what exactly you want to talk about and what you do not) in OP to avoid people getting out of topic.

Edited by BlackRoseOfThorns