How to use a Xbox 360 Gamepad for Daggerfall

LegoManIAm94

I have found a way to use a Xbox 360 Gamepad for Daggerfall. And since Daggerfall is now free to download of The Elder Scrolls website I was willing to make this possible. If you like the Morrowind controls better use Daggerorrowind but if you like the Oblivion controls better use Daggerblivion. It is different then Morrowind and Oblivion since you will need to press the Right Joystick to toggle from turning and looking to moving the mouse. And to move up and down when levitating or swimming you will need to press up or down on the D-pad.

Controls

Here are the controls for each one. It will first say the controller button, then the action, then the keyboard button so if you want to customise your controls in options you can use this list.

Daggerblivion

A-Activate-Left Click

B-Menu-F5

X-Ready Weapon-A

Y-Jump-J

RB-Cast-Backspace

LB-Logbook-L

RT-Attack-Right Click

LT-Jump-J

Start-Pause-Esc

Back-Rest/Transport-R, T

D-pad Up-Float Up (Levitating, Swimming)-Page Up

D-pad Left-Automap-M

D-pad Down-Float Down (Levitating, Swimming)-Page Down

D-pad Right-Travelmap-W

Left Joystick-Crouch-D

Right Joystick-Toggle Mouse/Looking And Turning

Daggerorrowind

A-Activate-Left Click

B-Menu-F5

X-Ready Weapon-A

Y-Cast-Backspace

RB-Rest-R

LB-Logbook-L

RT-Attack-Right Click

LT-Jump-J

Start-Pause-Esc

Back-Transport-T

D-pad Up-Float Up (Levitating, Swimming)-Page Up

D-pad Left-Automap-M

D-pad Down-Float Down (Levitating, Swimming)-Page Down

D-pad Right-Travelmap-W

Left Joystick-Crouch-D

Right Joystick-Toggle Mouse/Looking And Turning

Requirements

Daggerfall

Wired Xbox 360 Gamepad (PC Version)

Install the software that comes with your controller first. Then download JoyToKey and ControlMK. Then download the files here and put the cfg. file in the JoyToKey folder. Then install ControlMK and put the pro. file into the ControlMK folder.

Then run ControlMK. In ControlMK select the Xbox 360 gamepad in Controllers Found, Then in activate controllers select the Xbox 360 Gamepad. Then it should say under it Daggerfall. If not select profiles and then select Daggerfall. Then run JoyToKey and you should see Daggerorrowind or Daggerblivion on the right side of the window. Click on it.

You must ajust your Vertical and Horizontal Mouse Sensitivity in the Daggerfall Controls to the mx for it to work.

If you want go Here to find out how to play Daggerfall on your TV. I will recommend that you use a wireless keyboard to for typing the locations on the map. You can use the controller also but typing may be needed.

• 2 years later...
Very helpful, was nearly unplayable without this on my laptop, thanks for uploading this. :thumbsup: But when using the view configuration for the mouse (look where you go) i had to change the "A" button to space, just thinking you might want to say this in your post. p.s. I'm using the Daggerblivion version if that makes any difference.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Hello,

Awesome setup ;)

I've tinkered my own config a lot compared to yours (oblivion one) but your original keymapping allows for responsive combat with just one press which was the only thing preventing me from playing comfortably.

So if you ever read this (original post nearly 5 years old...) thanks for making this game fun to play.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

Awesome setup ;)

I've tinkered my own config a lot compared to yours (oblivion one) but your original keymapping allows for responsive combat with just one press which was the only thing preventing me from playing comfortably.

So if you ever read this (original post nearly 5 years old...) thanks for making this game fun to play.

I know you posted this over a year ago, but if you're still alive can you tell me your profile?

• 1 year later...