help with making morrigan an elf

NaeverBaever

Heyas Keeblet! I know it's your second post, but I havent seen you before... so Welcome to the Nexus Forums! :)

Ok, a few things for the checklist to make sure that you've got this going correctly.

1) I notice in the Head Morph spot that you dont have it labled as ef_genefl_morrigan.MOR. You've got the prefix and everything, but you're missing the extension for the filename there in your .utc file. Another buddy of mine had that problem when they were making a human toon to an elf ;)

1a) When you are doing customized .utc file entries, you don't need to use the prefix at all. So if you created a morph named xyz123.mor.... you could put that as the entry in the .utc file. Rather than ef_genfl_xyz123.mor

Just so you know ;)

2) After finishing the file's changes, did you export the .utc file, then copy and paste it into your override folder, along with your morph file?

3) If Morrigan has already shown up in your game, did you run the console command to make the game switch her over to the elven body? -runscript appearance 2

Hope that this is helpful :)

PS- posting in the old thread is cool. It's great to see that people are using the search function, so kudos for that! :)

And we dont consider it to be thread necromancy when you're adding extra information, asking other questions, stuff like that. So it's all good :)

Thanks, I was hoping I was doing the right thing by not creating multiple threads that could end up being redundant.

I've tried using 'runscript appearance 2' when I placed Morrigan in my active party when the headmorph actually worked but didn't fit correctly until I entered that command (body was elf at the time)

My headmorph file is actually a MOR file but for some reason, the toolset won't show it on the display

http://img.techpowerup.org/110523/Capture361.jpg

As for exporting the utc file, how would I do that? The toolset gives me numerous options and most ones I've tried has crashed the toolset. I've tried 'Full Export' but it takes a really long time and I'm sure there is a much more easier and faster solution than doing that.

Also I am sure that the utc has to be checked in, correct?

I'm sorry if I am oblivious to something others may find very simple as I'm still new to all of this or rusty rather.

Hmm well I got it to work but I am not sure how -_-

I went through one of your other posts stating how you were supposed to export your ucf via 'Export without dependencies'

Then I wasn't sure where it actually exported to until I did a search on my c-drive and then replaced one of the 'gen00fl_morrigan' in my 'C:\Users\Keeblet\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\modules\Single Player\override\toolsetexport' into

'C:\Users\Keeblet\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\override\4. Companions\4.2. Gear Changes\Morrigan'

The only thing now that boggles my mind is how she is so short now so the cut scenes do not work properly with her height. I know there are mods to fix or make your own custom cutscenes where I presume the camera height or angle could be changed.

PS Thanks for all of the suggestions and tips though :]

Heyas Keeblet :)

UGH! I TOTALLY forgot about the possibility of another morph file being in conflict. I am SOOOOO sorry about that! :(

Basically I think you needed to export the .utc file to override, and make sure that there wasn't any other files in conflict. Even saving the file there in the toolset, won't make the changes, unless you export it to over-ride the original. (Yeah... stupid TS!)

And sorry about forgetting to tell you how to export the file :(

For mods like this, I've never used the check in. I think you really only need to do that where theres files that need to go along with it that hold info that it relies on. Stuff that would be packed up into it with an .erf file. Like maybe textures and such. Not really sure how to word that :(

I'm glad that you got it working! Thats awesome! :thumbsup:

And yeah.. no problems about bringing back an old thread. ;)

I'm not sure about a morrigan mod that changes the cutscenes. You might try doing a search. I know that danscott did some work with converting them to another race, and he did cutscenes for them too. Another guy took the idea and ran with it, but I can't remember his username, or if he did scenes along with. :(

Not a problem, I'm always glad to help out when I can! :)

I am still trying to find more information on editing cut scenes but I guess I can show you a video so you can get a better idea of how the cut scene renders when Morrigan is an elf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVo0MxGezow

I apologize for the color as it looks too saturated and dark. I also appreciate any feedback on the face morph even though the colors clearly don't truly represent the skin complexion color and makes some areas look too dark and "muddy".

Well, I'm afraid that I dont know much about doing cutscenes. I've given it a try or two and always ended up giving it up in frustration. :(

As for the vid, no worries. It looks pretty good to me :thumbsup:

The morph- Ok... please keep in mind that I've never really thought that DAO elves were very attractive. But... she looks pretty good to me. My personal tastes.... and that's all it is.... is just personal taste.... is that the eye shadow is overdone. I've never been one for makeup that drastic. But... thats just me.

And from a distance, the only thing that I could see was the color of her irises. Which kinda made me think of some of the superhero movies, LOL :)

Its nice work tho!

Again to the color- meh.... some of the scenes involving her are just absolutely horrible. For instance the scenes around Flemeth's hut.... the color of the lighting they used there, and the low level of the lighting makes pics and vids just super horrible. :(

I fixed the color correction or at least I think I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xrvxi-g7VSM&feature=channel_video_title

I've been looking at forums and threads for cut scenes though. I appreciate all of the help you have given so far though.

One last thing: Is there a way to force 'runscript appearance 2' so that I wouldn't need to add Morrigan to the party before I initiate the cut scene?

http://www.youtube.c...nel_video_title

I've been looking at forums and threads for cut scenes though. I appreciate all of the help you have given so far though.

One last thing: Is there a way to force 'runscript appearance 2' so that I wouldn't need to add Morrigan to the party before I initiate the cut scene?

Hi,

In order to make this cutscene work properly you would need to edit the cutscene cameras themselves in the cutscene editor, as none of this is "plug and play" but rather the cameras were designed to focus on a particular character height. You would have to change any cutscene that focuses on Morrigan manually. (aside from cutscenes that use stages, as long as the model is acknowledged as an elf, where the cameras auto adjust their heights if set correctly.) Cutscenes that use stages are usually associated with conversational options. (like the kissing CS)...but also you would need to make sure the camera is set to adjust to the height in the conversation (dialogue file) itself.

Let me know if you need help

I also lead a cutscene group in case you would like more timely answers to your questions :) Feel free to join,.

http://social.bioware.com/group/2718/

Dahlia

Hi,

In order to make this cutscene work properly you would need to edit the cutscene cameras themselves in the cutscene editor, as none of this is "plug and play" but rather the cameras were designed to focus on a particular character height. You would have to change any cutscene that focuses on Morrigan manually. (aside from cutscenes that use stages, as long as the model is acknowledged as an elf, where the cameras auto adjust their heights if set correctly.) Cutscenes that use stages are usually associated with conversational options. (like the kissing CS)...but also you would need to make sure the camera is set to adjust to the height in the conversation (dialogue file) itself.

I also lead a cutscene group in case you would like more timely answers to your questions :) Feel free to join,.

Dahlia

Hey! I saw your name in a thread regarding the maximum number of actors rendered in a cut scene and Sunjammer gave the implication that you were some kind of guru/enthusiast in the cut scene mod department :]

I understand that a lot of times the camera angles were specific to the character height as any dev would not expect more novices to freely and readily change the appearance of a default follower I suppose.

I am still very new to the modding ideology but I enjoy it so far and am eager to learn so thank you for the open support!

I'll get back to you when I get time later today for trying to adjust the height and angle for Morrigan.

Hi,

Dahlia

Hey! I saw your name in a thread regarding the maximum number of actors rendered in a cut scene and Sunjammer gave the implication that you were some kind of guru/enthusiast in the cut scene mod department :]

I understand that a lot of times the camera angles were specific to the character height as any dev would not expect more novices to freely and readily change the appearance of a default follower I suppose.

I am still very new to the modding ideology but I enjoy it so far and am eager to learn so thank you for the open support!

I'll get back to you when I get time later today for trying to adjust the height and angle for Morrigan.

Welcome to the modding community:) Modding Dragon Age is nothing less than fun :D May be a bit rough sometimes, but all in all the fruits are worth it.

Cutscenes were designed to depict a particular situation or tell a story about the characters, so the characters portrayed in them normally wouldn't change as it serves little purpose to developers to make the cameras dynamic. The opposite is true with regards to the racial possibilities the player may choose, in which case they use stages for conversations that adjust static cameras to player height ;)

Some cutcenes use stages which do have that function with cameras designated to change depending on gender/race of player, but not for NPC's.

If you have already gotten yourself familiar with the Cutscene editor, I can give you the following tip to fix the scene:

During the shots with Morrigan, open the curve editor, go to the appropriate camera and keys for "position" and pull the Z axis line (blue) between keys down to adjust the height manually for each shot. This should leave the original cutscene shot design with only the cam height affected.

Hope this helps you somewhat.

Dahlia

Edited by DahliaLynn