How To Play PC Games On A TV

LegoManIAm94

You don’t need to play your computer games on a small computer screen. Go Here to show you how to hook your PC to a TV. Now an optional cable they say you need is the 3.5mm to RCA audio cable. Well I did not use it and all it is for is to use the speakers on your TV for sound but I just used my computer speakers instead. If you want to use a keyboard and mouse when you play your games them you will need a wireless keyboard and mouse. Now if you want to use a controller with when you play on your TV since it would be easier go and download ControlMK, JoyToKey since these programs are free and what they do is make your controller become a mouse and keyboard so you can program it to press a button on the controller and it will press a key on the keyboard or move the mouse.

We've got an old laptop running Mint Linux on the floor right under the bottom shelf of the TV stand, it's connected via VGA with a 3.5mm jack used for the audio. It's quite handy, just slide it out, pop it open, turn it on, close it, slide it back and then use a wireless mouse and keyboard from the sofa. Very handy for online shopping when both of us want to look at things.

If your TV's old enough to not have a VGA or DVI port, it probably ain't worth playing on. If it does have said ports, it's as simple as plugging it in and extending your desktop onto it in the display properties applet.

• 5 weeks later...
I used to have a Gateway that had a composite out, which I used to show downloaded(not pirated since it wasn't copyrighted in the US, please don't ban me mods) on my non-HD television. Is there a way to turn a laptop into a television? I live in my grandmother's basement, and lack the space needed for an actual television.

I use a DVI to HDMI adapter, but you need a separate audio for that. My audio out from my cheap sound card goes directly to my stereo amp the HDMI video goes to a 52 inch Hi Def TV. Luckily I don't have any neighbors near enough to be bothered by it. If I lived in an apartment I could imagine the cops knocking down my door when a neighbor heard a FO3 firefight in progress.

To use any computer as a TV all you need is a TV tuner card. They make a USB tuner for laptops.

Sources:

NewEgg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....mp;x=8&y=34

TigerDirect:http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5502008&CatId=1427

Be sure to read all of the rating comments for any bugs.

My old Gateway had a tv tuner card that fit into a PCI slot, which I used to watch cable television on my laptop. Unfortunately, my new laptop only has a PCI express card. I will look at Tiger direct, hopefully there is something to allow me to use my laptop to play my PS3 on.