How to Install Blockhead by shadeMe ?

FoxCrossed

Blockhead is an OBSE plugin, that is an expansion to the Oblivion Script Extender (OBSE)'s functionality.

It's just a DLL and an INI file to go right into your "data/OBSE/plugins" folder. As the archive already contains an "OBSE" folder, this one simply goes into your "data" folder.

That's all there is already about 'installing' Blockhead, just like explained in detail inside the readme.

Then how did you start your Oblivion? Being an OBSE plugin Blockhead will require OBSE to have its code-expansion applied to the game libraries loaded into memory for it to work.

This only happens when the game is either run through the "obse_loader.exe" or similar OBSE-aware means in the many mod managers out there,

or, being the Steam distribution of the game, when the Steam-integration of OBSE ("obse_steam_loader.dll", if I'm not mistaken) gets used by Steam and this thing called "Enable Steam Overlay ingame", or what it's called, is active.

There's small mods like "OBSE Tester", or what it's called, out there as well, which can help you in identifying whether you're even launching your game through OBSE or not.

• 1 month later...

Hi, sorry for the bump, but I'm experiencing the same issue.

I've copied Blockhead.dll to data/OBSE/plugins, but when I start he game I still get the "Install Blockhead" texture on my peeps and no Blockhead.ini file is created by Oblivion.

Has anyone been able to resolve this issue yet? Is it possible just to create my own Blockhead.ini?

Edited for typos

Edited by r3xp0p

The same question to you as to the other one, which remained unanswered up to now, how do you launch your game?

Being an OBSE plugin, Blockhead needs OBSE to be doing its code-injection into the game's data after loaded into memory, and as such the game needs to be started via the "obse_loader.exe" or similar OBSE-aware means from mod managers. When using Steam Oblivion even there's some special means to get OBSE to run required, involving the use of the "obse_steam_loader.dll" and having something called "Enable Steam Overlay Ingame", or what it's called, activated in Steam. (Not a Steam user myself, know Steam specifics only from hear-say)

Small tools like "OBSE Tester", or what it's called, can be used to determine whether OBSE was running while you started your game or not. If it was not, then OBSE functions, and Blockhead, won't work.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

我遇到类似的问题,原因是我的OBSE太老导致。我以为我的版本至少是0.20

搞了两天才找到原因,

我是无意间看到根文件夹下有一个blockhead.log日志文件,记录着blockhead安装失败,我之前还纳闷为何一直不生成blockhead.ini

in a word ,your obse version is too old.

The same question to you as to the other one, which remained unanswered up to now, how do you launch your game?

Being an OBSE plugin, Blockhead needs OBSE to be doing its code-injection into the game's data after loaded into memory, and as such the game needs to be started via the "obse_loader.exe" or similar OBSE-aware means from mod managers. When using Steam Oblivion even there's some special means to get OBSE to run required, involving the use of the "obse_steam_loader.dll" and having something called "Enable Steam Overlay Ingame", or what it's called, activated in Steam. (Not a Steam user myself, know Steam specifics only from hear-say)

Small tools like "OBSE Tester", or what it's called, can be used to determine whether OBSE was running while you started your game or not. If it was not, then OBSE functions, and Blockhead, won't work.

Im launching mine with Steam, and have followed your instructions and still nothing. When I try the mod-manager, it tells me the blockhead dll doesn't exist (Ive tried this with 3 different versions of the Blockhead file)

Hi, sorry for the bump, but I'm experiencing the same issue.

I've copied Blockhead.dll to data/OBSE/plugins, but when I start he game I still get the "Install Blockhead" texture on my peeps and no Blockhead.ini file is created by Oblivion.

Has anyone been able to resolve this issue yet? Is it possible just to create my own Blockhead.ini?

Edited for typos

你的OBSE版本太老了

your OBSE version is too old