How to Install Blockhead by shadeMe ?

FoxCrossed

I'm experiencing the exact same problems here and I am launching the game through Steam; everything that I have is the latest version and I followed the installations exactly. For some reason though, the supposed Blockhead.ini file is not generating after I launch the game like it says it should. I seriously have no idea what is wrong.

Edit: Nevermind, I think I figured out what the problem was. I extracted the OBSE Plugins to the wrong folder; I extracted them to the Oblivion folder not the DATA folder, and I didn't extract the OBSE data folder to the Oblivion folder either. As it turns out, that was the problem the whole time.

Edited by whiitephoenix

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i am having some similar problems to the folks here and I have come up with this in my obse log.

OBSE: initialize (version = 17.4 010201A0)
oblivion root = E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion\
plugin directory = E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins\
checking plugin E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins\\Blockhead.dll
plugin E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins\\Blockhead.dll (00000002 Blockhead 0A032008) reported as incompatible during query
Then I found the Blockhead log....
Blockhead Initializing...
OBSE version too old (got 00000011 expected at least 00000014)
previous page had someone saying that OBSE is too old...I got it straight from the website where else would i get a newer version then?

Maybe it's just me, but 17.4 does not sound like the current 21.something at all. Make sure you actually installed the latest version you downloaded from "obse.silverlock.org" and correctly so.

As it's DLLs mostly, some OS can throw a fit when a software tries to overwrite existing ones, especially when inside the infamous for gaming and modding program files folders.

It may be worth a try to delete the old files shipping with OBSE before installing the latest version's over them. Then it can't be your OS preventing the old files to be replaced by the current ones anymore.

• 4 weeks later...

This is so frustrating, I'm doing everything the readme's say. It's all in the right place and I'm running from obse loader and the stupid "INSTALL BLOCKHEAD" is still on my face. Someone have a simple video tutorial?

Edit: I'm completely removing oblivion and reinstalling. Things have gotten crazy.

Edited by namahn

• 1 month later...

little late to the party here. here's what worked for me:

install OBSE like it says to

use NMM to open the blockhead's .7zip file you can get from the nexus, NOT unzipping and copying the .dll files

it worked

hope this helps anyone lurking around still

EDIT: okay so the beast races didn't change for whatever reason, in fact they look considerably worse :/

ANOTHER EDIT: clicked the "plugin" tab, and the character overhaul plugin wasn't activated. checked the box, and then it worked for all races. ☺

Edited by MorlockWarlock

• 5 weeks later...

Late too but thought to give a tip in case people (like me) are reloading Oblivion for the eye candy -

Using Blockhead 10.3-43752-10-3 (the one at Nexus) and installing three times, CAREFULLY reading the installation instructions... still had this problem. Going nuts. Looked up the problem.

whiitephoenix gave me a big clue in his post, above -

"Edit: Nevermind, I think I figured out what the problem was. I extracted the OBSE Plugins to the wrong folder; I extracted them to the Oblivion folder not the DATA folder, and I didn't extract the OBSE data folder to the Oblivion folder either. As it turns out, that was the problem the whole time."

The packed instructions do say to extract "into your \Oblivion folder" - the OBSE folder was not pathed to include DATA\[OBSE\PLUGINS]. So I duplicated the OBSE\PLUGINS folder in the DATA directory. Success!

I know my way around modding & programming and this gave me a pain; the instructions do not include one part of the path and so blockhead installs in the wrong folder. Just do the above & you'll probably have success too.

Edited by Pixieborn

• 4 months later...

Yeah , i did this before , but when i start a new game in Oblivion , a text appears on the new character face : Install Blockhead . I can't get rid of that , even if i installed Blockhead .

where is obse loader.exe I don't know how to run it

The instructions on how to install and run OBSE are in the file obse_readme.txt in the extracted OBSE download (and if you tried to use a mod manager to install OBSE there is your problem ... manual install, copy and paste only for OBSE and OBSE plugins like Blockhead).

If OBSE isn't working then Blockhead won't work either, so get OBSE working first. Easiest way to tell it's working is to make a save and then check your saves folder. If you have two saves with the same name and different file extensions (e.g. MySave09.ess and MySave09.obse) then OBSE is working. If you only see one save each time you save then you need to go back to the install instructions for OBSE and figure out where you went wrong.