FIX: AI's aim against you, when you're on a horse.

dunnosorry

Hello.

When you're on a horseback, you can consider yourself invulnerable, since AI's aim isn't accurate against you +stupid AI's AI, lol.

Ok, may be it'll be really hard to make AI smarter against player who is on a horse, but at least is there a way to fix the aim for them?

If you fight archers on a horse, you can just... stand still without moving, and you'll see that they always miss you shooting the same position a bit to left of you (or to the right from NPC's point of view). So the only way to get hit by a mage/archer on a horseback is to wait till he shoots and specially catch an arrow/bolt/whatever by fast moving to the left.

Can someone fix their aim, so they actually may hit you sometimes? It can be useful when you directly sprint to them on your horse, so they might even hit you with fixed aim, not miss 100% of times.

Melee NPCs: they are idiots, they use power attack when you're close to them, so the only way to get hit is to stop and wait till he hits you, and still HE MAY MISS striking air on the left of your horse. Fixing their behavior against mounted targets would be nice (remove ability to perform power attacks, because mounted target will be far away, when it's finished) and fix the aim the same way, as with archers. If melee NPCs will use regular fast attacks each time you're near them, it could make mounted combat a bit balanced, because right now you can easily kill anything with an iron dagger on 1st lvl with any overhauls or mods, simply because they will always miss you.

I googled and searched on nexus, but nothing, there're some mounted combat mods, horse mods, I use "Convenient Horses" myself, but nothing fixes AI's aim. Also it's not a problem with some other mods I may use, since none of them alters AIs in some way and also they hit you normally when you're on foot. And I have such problem only when I'm on horse.

Thank you for reading. Bye.

Hmm. If I were to stay still on a horse while under attack, they'd shoot the horse out from under me. Guess I can see where it would be a problem if you have a horse mod that makes horses invulnerable. They'd be trying to kill the horse and can't. Thus they'd almost always miss you.

I think the problem is not their aim but rather they do not actually see you, they see the horse. They're told you are on the horse but their AI can only track the horse itself. So they have to get the horse out of the picture before their AI can target you.

Hmm. If I were to stay still on a horse while under attack, they'd shoot the horse out from under me. Guess I can see where it would be a problem if you have a horse mod that makes horses invulnerable. They'd be trying to kill the horse and can't. Thus they'd almost always miss you.

I think the problem is not their aim but rather they do not actually see you, they see the horse. They're told you are on the horse but their AI can only track the horse itself. So they have to get the horse out of the picture before their AI can target you.

No, my horse is vulnerable and sometimes takes hits, if they hit it. It's bought from Whiterun stables and has HP, also it can die forever. I don't use that function that makes horses invulnerable, since it'll be too OP. Wolves and bears usually hit my horse, it also starts to run slower, when its HP are low, but melee/archer NPCs are missing not only me, but also horse.