Heavy Traffic ×

Trying to rebuild and make the perfect skyrim game

ImWarpedd

Hello, I am making this thread because I am looking for a bunch of people to help me create a skyrim game best suited for my computer. I have been modding on my own, and honestly my game is constantly changing in annoying ways. Sometimes the graphics look good, sometimes the graphics look bad. Sometimes the combat is balanced, other times it is not. Sometimes it runs well, other times it runs like s#*!. I am going to list my computer specs and delete all my mods to begin the process of restarting my game, and the main aim of this mod is to get a good library of mods together to make a good looking, fresh, fun, balanced skyrim that runs well. I don't know how much attention this thread will get but hopefully I can get my game to a "utopian" state.

Here are my computer specs.

-Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 9800 GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Type: Full Device
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0614&SUBSYS_0E7919F1&REV_A2
Display Memory: 3043 MB
Dedicated Memory: 999 MB
Shared Memory: 2043 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: HP 2311 Series LED Backlit LCD Monitor
Monitor Model: HP 2311
Monitor Id: HWP2939
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: DVI
Machine name: ADAM
Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_gdr.131030-1505)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: 1E658
System Model: 1E658A74
BIOS: BIOS Date: 05/03/11 17:25:20 Ver: 08.00.16
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4088MB RAM
Page File: 3971MB used, 2506MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.16384 64bit Unicode

If anyone wants to sit down with me and talk this out or just talk out mods, let me know and I'll do so accordingly. Thanks champs.

Well, I'm not sure if you want immersion as well as balance, but a good starting list would be something like this:

SkyUI + SKSE

ASIS + ASIS Encounter Zones

SPERG (less incompatible than SkyRe, though SkyRe is great too)

minimal HUD for Skyrim or iHUD (I prefer minimal HUD, though it's less well known)

iNeed or Realistic Needs and Diseases

Immersive Saturation Boost (no performance lost, looks a lot better)

INIGO - if you want a fantastic, voiced follower mod

Unofficial Patches

Immersive Weapons

Immersive Armor

JaySuS Swords + Sharlikans Compatibility Patch for JaySuS Swords

A Quality World Map

Audio Overhaul for Skyrim 2 + Patches

Better Dialogue Control

Better Messagebox Control

OneTweak

Natural Eyes

Convenient Horses + Convenient Horse Herding

Enhanced Blood Textures - (I use 1024 version, since I don't notice much visual difference and the performance is a bit better)

Skyrim -Community- Uncapper

Cutting Room Floor

Cloaks of Skyrim

Categorized Favorites Menu

Alternate Start - (if you dislike the Helgen start)

Smiithing Perks Overhaul - Remade and Updated

Important Information Overhaul

Skyrim Performance Project

Safety Load

Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade

Clothing and Clutter Fixes

Sands of Time - I haven't tried it out myself, but it's supposed to be good

That should be a good start. Talk to me if you want some more suggestions. If you could be more specific about what kind of gameplay you're after, that would be good.

Well, I'm not sure if you want immersion as well as balance, but a good starting list would be something like this:

SkyUI + SKSE

ASIS + ASIS Encounter Zones

SPERG (less incompatible than SkyRe, though SkyRe is great too)

minimal HUD for Skyrim or iHUD (I prefer minimal HUD, though it's less well known)

iNeed or Realistic Needs and Diseases

Immersive Saturation Boost (no performance lost, looks a lot better)

INIGO - if you want a fantastic, voiced follower mod

Unofficial Patches

Immersive Weapons

Immersive Armor

JaySuS Swords + Sharlikans Compatibility Patch for JaySuS Swords

A Quality World Map

Audio Overhaul for Skyrim 2 + Patches

Better Dialogue Control

Better Messagebox Control

OneTweak

Natural Eyes

Convenient Horses + Convenient Horse Herding

Enhanced Blood Textures - (I use 1024 version, since I don't notice much visual difference and the performance is a bit better)

Skyrim -Community- Uncapper

Cutting Room Floor

Cloaks of Skyrim

Categorized Favorites Menu

Alternate Start - (if you dislike the Helgen start)

Smiithing Perks Overhaul - Remade and Updated

Important Information Overhaul

Skyrim Performance Project

Safety Load

Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade

Clothing and Clutter Fixes

Sands of Time - I haven't tried it out myself, but it's supposed to be good

That should be a good start. Talk to me if you want some more suggestions. If you could be more specific about what kind of gameplay you're after, that would be good.

Thanks a bunch for the list, I'm looking for gameplay that's more immersive (Hardcore survival type of stuff, attention to detail). I usually play without my HuD in order to have a more immersive game.

That list should be pretty good for that then. I personally play much like you do, since I like immersion and roleplay a lot.

You might also want:

Frostfall

RTR - Real Time Reading

Player Headtracking - only if you spend a decent amount of time in 3rd person

Wet and Cold + Wet and Cold Ashes - definitely if you enjoy an immersive experience

Better Shaped Weapons

Unique Uniques

Immersive First Person View - I don't personally use this since it's still a little buggy, but it is completely customizable so you can use anywhere from one to all of the features, if you want.

HALE - better horse textures

Enhanced Horse Skins - same as above, just a bit of a different style.

Equipping Overhaul - shows all the items your player has equipped

Pumping Iron - Dynamic Muscle Growth

Dovahkiin Relaxes Too

Touring Carriages

Even Better Quest Objectives - improves the log entries for most quests, so you can actually tell where you're going and not have to rely on quest markers (you can get rid of those in minimal HUD, and iHUD too, I think)

Important Information Overhaul, which I mentioned before, can work really well without a HUD, or a very minimal HUD. It shows on-screen effects when you have low health, magicka, and stamina, though you can configure it a lot. I recommend turning down the power of the effects, if you do install it.

I recommend NMM for your mod managing, or MO if you're a bit more advanced at mod making. Wrye Bash is good for it's bashed patch feature.

If you want to know more about Minimal HUD, you can check here since it's not very well documented. It's less popular than mods like iHUD, though it has a few good features like completely removing the crosshair, or just the sneak eye, as well as a few new crosshairs. I can PM you my personal layout for it, if you want to use it. (Setting up a new layout can take some time, mostly because of how configurable everything is.)

Most of these mods have MCM (Mod Configuration Menus) so you'll definitely want SkyUI, for that, if nothing else. If you don't like SkyUI's menus, you can use SkyUI-away to keep the MCM feature, but nothing else.

I hope that helps. If you're looking for any other types of mods, then just ask, and I'll help if I can.

That list should be pretty good for that then. I personally play much like you do, since I like immersion and roleplay a lot.

You might also want:

Frostfall

RTR - Real Time Reading

Player Headtracking - more if you spend some time in 3rd person

Wet and Cold - definitely if you enjoy an immersive experience

Better Shaped Weapons

Unique Uniques

Important Information Overhaul, which I mentioned before, can work really well without a HUD, or a very minimal HUD. It shows on-screen effects when you have low health, magicka, and stamina, though you can configure it a lot. I recommend turning down the power of the effects, if you do install it.

I recommend NMM for your mod managing, or MO if you're a bit more advanced at mod making. Wrye Bash is good for it's bashed patch feature.

If you want to know more about Minimal HUD, you can check heresince it's not very well documented. It's less popular than mods like iHUD, though it has a few good features like completely removing the crosshair, or just the sneak eye, as well as a few new crosshairs.

I hope that helps.

I find it funny, we use a lot of the same mods. I'm going to fiddle around with the player headtracking seeing as I play 100% in third person, not sure if you have any other great third person enhancers you'd suggest for me. Right now I'm using Ihud but I was going to ask you, I've noticed that my game seems to be VERY delayed in telling me the status of my stamina and health (if I take damage, the health bar stays in the same spot for a long time). I'm going to search to see if I can find anything to serve as a remedy for that issue but if you know of anything, let me know. I downloaded all of the mods you suggested for me that I didn't already have and I toned down my Skyrim's shading and filtering so it'd run a bit smoother, but I'd still like to find some nice enhancements for my game to make it look better, or even "Different" in terms of look and atmosphere. When you have the time let me know if you have any ideas, don't want to bombard you with my nerdy garbage. XD

That's fine. I've got a lot of time right now, though I am working on a mod.

Customizable Camera would be good for 3rd person view, since it allows you to tweak the camera. I haven't used it myself, but it's supposed to be pretty good.

IMAGINATOR allows you to tweak the saturation, contrast, bloom, and a ton of other options in-game, so you can see the effects immediately. It comes with a bunch of presets, too.

Dynavision creates a field-of-view effect when you're looking at a specific object. I believe it works in 3rd person, too, though I usually play in 1st person.

Some other ones, unrelated to what you asked for:

XCE - Xenius Character Enhancements is a great way to stay close to the vanilla style (for faces, beards, hair) but it also makes NPCs look a lot better.

The Dance of Death for killmoves.

TK Hitstop creates a bit of recoil whenever you block, shoot, etc.

Interesting NPCs adds a ton of new NPCs to the game, many of them voice-acted. Fills up the cities with many characters, and not just some random workers, but people with stories.

Inconsequential NPCs is similar to the above mod, but the NPCs have less depth.

Auto Unequip Ammo seems like a small fix, but it really bothered me, and having it gone helped a lot (automatically unequips ammo when you don't have a ranged weapon.)

Realistic Ragdolls and Force makes NPCs no longer fly off cliffs from shooting them in the chest with an arrow, etc.

ABT - Arrows and Bolts Tweaks helps fix a ton of things with the arrows, makes them faster, etc.

I don't use them myself, but these might be good too:

Better Dynamic Snow

A Splash of Rain

Enhanced Night Skyrim

Real Shelter

I don't use any ENBs, so I can't help you with that. But IMAGINATOR is a great way to configure how the game looks exactly to your taste, without a lot of performance loss.

Minimal HUD fixes that bug with iHUD. I have the same issue with iHUD, as well as some of it's other features, so I looked around at some other HUD mods. Less Intrusive HUD II didn't work great for me, and then I found minimal HUD. I like it a lot. It took me about 10 minutes to set up the layout, but it allows you to save it as a preset after that, so you don't need to keep creating it.

You can try the tactic of setting your Skyrim settings to low, and then installing a bunch of graphic enhancing, but performance hit-free mods. It makes it look a lot better without as much FPS drop. Here are some performance enhancing mods:

Grass on Steroids - the grass is longer, but can increase FPS.

Skyrim Performance Project - doesn't look any different, but does improve FPS.

EnBoost - can help a lot. It's a bit complicated, but it makes Skyrim less laggy.

HiAlgo - only if you're having real issues. It blurs/lowers the graphics a ton when you move, and while it totally improves FPS, it can be a little annoying (though it's not as noticeable as it sounds.)

Report back once you have, I'd like to know if it worked alright. Or if you want help finding any other mods. :smile:

Just learned that Customizable Camera only affects 3rd person. You can do a lot of stuff with it, it appears. If you haven't already, you should definitely check that out.

Edited by Matthiaswagg

Hello, I am making this thread because I am looking for a bunch of people to help me create a skyrim game best suited for my computer. I have been modding on my own, and honestly my game is constantly changing in annoying ways. Sometimes the graphics look good, sometimes the graphics look bad. Sometimes the combat is balanced, other times it is not. Sometimes it runs well, other times it runs like s***. I am going to list my computer specs and delete all my mods to begin the process of restarting my game, and the main aim of this mod is to get a good library of mods together to make a good looking, fresh, fun, balanced skyrim that runs well. I don't know how much attention this thread will get but hopefully I can get my game to a "utopian" state.

Here are my computer specs.

Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_gdr.131030-1505)
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4088MB RAM

If anyone wants to sit down with me and talk this out or just talk out mods, let me know and I'll do so accordingly. Thanks champs.

I'd suggest an upgrade of your RAM to 8GB - at the moment the 64 bit OS is probably giving Skyrim less memory to work in than 32 bit would. Then the 4GB memory patch on the Skyrim .exe will allow it to actually use the just-under-4GB that a 32 bit app can address. With Steam involved, you may have to re-patch the .exe occasionally to keep using the memory boost.