Cannot Equip Torso Armor after Restoration Quest

Saberkin

What the title says. I'm on the quest to get the Master-level spell Bane of the Undead from the Augur of Dunlain, after having leveled my restoration past 90. That quest. I do the quest, and after it ends, I get the spell and cannot equip my torso armor. I can equip everything else. No torso armor- I dropped it, picked it up, doesn't work; I fast traveled, changed cells, tried to equip different armors, waited. Didn't work.

Pieces of info:

-- When I "equip" a torso armor, Frostfall says "this equipment provides standard exposure protection" etc etc. So there's that.

-- The Augur doesn't say "you are worthy" before I get Bane of the Undead. He just floats there and will not be activated even though there's an option for it if I move the crosshair over him.

-- I've completed the 90lvl Alteration spell quest where you get Dragonhide. I saw something about this in a few forums where people had problems buying the other Master level spellbook from Colette. Apparently it could be a problem. I haven't checked Colette for Guardian Circle spellbook yet, I'm more concerned about my armor.

That's it. Can't equip my torso armor after fighting the Restoration test and receiving Bane of the Undead.