Lakeview Manor Revisted - WIP

mrpdean

About your saying the kids are unaffected, that isn't possible. You can't adopt children unless Hearthfire is running, and didn't you say that Hearthfire had to be disabled for the mod?

About your saying the kids are unaffected, that isn't possible. You can't adopt children unless Hearthfire is running, and didn't you say that Hearthfire had to be disabled for the mod?

Reading back through my post I can understand why you might have thought that. (I've amended my earlier post to make it a bit clearer).

The aim of the clean save process is essentially to reset Hearthfire in your saved game. Specifically, it's to undo any house building you have done as part of Hearthfire. If you have never built Lakeview Manor but instead have been using other houses then this 'clean save' process may not even be necessary (I'd have to test that to make sure though). But if you have already built Lakeview Manor, and then you install this mod you will end up with both the original Lakeview Manor, and my new Lakeview Manor both occupying the same space and chaos will ensue :)

You only temporarily disable Hearthfire in order to make the clean save. You then re-enable it after you have created your clean save and it essentially resets things. For example, couriers will show up again with letters from Jarl's about purchasing property and adopting children etc etc. It's as though you've only just installed Hearthfire. But the crucial part here is that any building of Lakeview Manor you may have previously done, will be undone.

Hope that clears things up a little.

Thanks.

Oh, alright. I'm quite used to making clean saves. If this mod is released shortly, I'll actually be starting an entirely new game with it already active. Do you have any estimate of release?

Wow, this looks great! Does the player have to purchase these new features like in regular hearthfire? Because i wouldn't want a fish tank so having the option is nice.

As for lighting, you should probably just use vanilla lights as the base and make it look however you like. It's the modders' responsibility to balance their ENBs and such.

No, there is no building involved with this mod. When you install the mod the house is already built and owned by the player, ready to move in. The layout of the house is fixed. You cannot add/change rooms etc. About the only thing you can still purchase (from your Steward) is the horse and carriage as I didn't want that in my mod but left it in there as a purchasable item. You can also re-purchase animals if they get killed, but they are all enabled by default.

I actually never intended to release this as an mod. It was only ever intended to be for personal use.

Because of the huge amount of work involved in recreating all the meshes in order to fix the massive lighting issues with the vanilla manor, I thought I'd be nice and upload all that work as a modders resource so that others could use them: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41645/?

This led to a few people asking for a working, playable version and so I reluctantly decided that I'd try to release it. The reason I'm a bit reluctant to release it is because there is quite a lot of work involved in maintaining mods, not to mention all the issues that can (and I'm sure will) arise with all the different combinations of others mods that people might have installed etc. Truth be told, I don't really want the hassle of maintaining this mod and dealing with all the "this doesn't work with this" or "can you just move this over to there" type of issues which will no doubt arise.

I'm going to continue to release updates to the modders resource version. The idea here is that if people want to change anything such as removing the fish tank, swapping cupboard A with desk B etc etc then they can use the modders resource version (a long with the creation kit) to make any changes they like.

I know of at least one other modder who was working on recreating the original "build your own" lakeview manor, but using my new meshes to allow for better lighting, however I believe they gave up when they ran into navmesh troubles. I did offer to take a look to try to resolve it but they couldn't/wouldn't provide me with the files.

I completely understand. But at least you don't have to respond to people's comments, put up a sticky with your resources and let them figure out how to customize their own house.

The mod is quite beautiful and a fish tank won't stop me from downloading it. Maybe I can use the console to disable it . . .

You don't like the fish tank? You're definitely not going to like the flat screen tv then :wink:

Seriously though, console modding should work for most things in the house. But it's way easier with the creation kit.

Edited by mrpdean

Haha, the reason I like console modding is because it's cool to see stuff disappear and it's funny that it leaves objects floating around. But yes, large scale changes are easier with the Creation Kit.

One time I tried "markfordelete" on some clutter I didn't like, and when I returned to the house they all respawned back. :ohmy: Even the fireplace in the entry hall had partially resurrected (I hadn't remodeled the entry hall for some reason). From then on I use "disable" and no problems so far. :smile:

So, does the modder's resource version work well enough, then? I would certainly install it and fix problems accordingly as I go along.

The modders resource is a little out of date. I'll be uploading the latest version in the next hour to so. Just finishing off a new furniture piece that I want to include. Will let you know once it's updated.